Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morale

Default Morale

What is Morale?

Morale relates to the size of an attacker compared to a defender. It is essentially to help smaller players get established. A large player will have a low morale when he attacks a small player. Think of it as though his army feels sorry for the troops of the smaller player they are attacking so they don't fight as well. Morale doesnt affect the resources you take from the cities it affects your troops for Example:

10 swordsmen against 10 Slingers with 100% morale= loss of 10 slingers for the attacker and 7 swordsmen for the defender

10 swordsmen against 10 Slingers with 50% morale= loss of 10 slingers for the attacked and 3 swordsmen for the defender

Do you see the difference?

The result of this is that we end up with a "fish in the sea" type of effect. Small fish gets eaten by middle sized fish gets eaten by large fish gets eaten by a shark.

Helm How do we adust morale?

So how do we adjust our Morale? If they have 10 Sword, and I attack with 100 Horse, my morale is low, and I might loose more than if I attacked with only 20 horse - which gave me a higher morale. Do you have any formulas to figure this out?

Taken from the Wiki:

Morale is a feature which compensates the large disadvantage a small player has when being attacked by a larger player and vice versa.

What is Morale?

When one player attacks an another, a Morale figure is calculated using the following formula:

[(Points Defender/Points Attacker)*3+0.3]*100

If this figure is greater than 100, morale will be 100% and will therefore have no effect on a battle. Only if the attackers point total is 4 times or greater than that of the defenders will morale take effect. The lowest figure of morale possible is 30. Despite being debatable, morale decreases the advantage of a large attacker on the smaller player.

Morale can be calculated via the Simulator.
    Credits to Xtcmax:

Clicky!:

Is moral claculated by the city size vs city size or player points vs player points?

Mr. Mu (August) Polemarch SjsharksBoy's Avatar

Plyer points.

If you want morale to be high attack players your own size or demolish buildings so your points go down a little.

STOP CHANGING THIS BOX MODERATORS!!! I wonder how many letters I can fit in this box? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

that really doesn't help a whole lot if you have about 5% morale. When I attacked a 175 point city, I lost a lot of units because my morale was like 5%. Morale is just annoying.

you were attacking a 175 pointed city????? why that.

Mr. Mu (August) Polemarch SjsharksBoy's Avatar

Uhh, morale can't go any lower than 30%.

Where can we see the percentage of our morale. ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast