Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Is This Attack Result Good?

  1. #1

    Sword Is This Attack Result Good?

    Hey Guys Im new in this game and Im just wondering is this attack good?
    And also how can I take over a village?[I have ships]

  2. #2

    Default

    Judging by your size that is a fair attack, Your units are good, I would recommend not using swordsmen for an attack, To take a city over get your academy to level 28 and research conquest and Colony Ship, then get your harbour to level 20, A great attack force is 600 slingers 230 horsemen 60 lightships and 80 fast transport ships with bunks researched, for your first city build 600 swordsmen 200 archers 500 hoplites 75 biremes and about 55 fast transports and 1 colony ship, that way you don't risk loosing a city as it has a very strong defence.

  3. #3

    Default

    okay thanks you :*

  4. #4
    Hekatontarch
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    420

    Default

    OMG you attacked Carlos Santana! I hope he can still play the guitar.

    Apart from the swordsmen which has already been poited out, there are a couple of other things I see wrong.

    On the report you can see the morale was 68%. This means you will lose more troops than you should. This comes into play when your points are more than 4 times that of the defender. However the ghost town on the other side of the island is not subject to morale and might be a better target.

    Your attack was strong in distance, but weak in blunt and sharp. While the numbers are low, you should probably just send the slingers, especially where there are no defending troops.

    You attacked by sea although there was no reason to do so. Since you sent the attack without any lightships, you risk the possibility of finding defending navy. This will sink all of your transport ships and your troops will drown without fighting. While it is unlikely to find such a navy in a 175 point city, it is not worth the risk.

  5. #5
    Scrooge of Athens Chiliarch Corinthian II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Terra, Sol System, Milky Way Galactic Cluster.
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    You attacked by sea although there was no reason to do so. Since you sent the attack without any lightships, you risk the possibility of finding defending navy. This will sink all of your transport ships and your troops will drown without fighting. While it is unlikely to find such a navy in a 175 point city, it is not worth the risk.
    A good point. Even a single bireme, that someone from another city was hiding there, would have sunk the entire attack.
    Spoiler:


  6. #6
    Spammer Extraordinaire Chiliarch Rooster Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My Mom's Psycho ex-boyfriend's Basement - send help.
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    NO attack is EVER good, my friend.

    Violence NEVER solves anything.

    Which explains why the Full-Contact Debate Club at my high school failed so miserably.

  7. #7
    Banned Phrourarch
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Priscilla nailed it. You should never send unescorted transports in an attack because the risk is far too great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster Jones View Post
    NO attack is EVER good, my friend.

    Violence NEVER solves anything.

    Which explains why the Full-Contact Debate Club at my high school failed so miserably.
    Sorry Rooster, I have to disagree. A good smack in the jaw will stop 100% of any rebuttals, comebacks or any attempt at answering back. Solves every argument.

  8. #8
    Spammer Extraordinaire Chiliarch Rooster Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My Mom's Psycho ex-boyfriend's Basement - send help.
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asth View Post
    Sorry Rooster, I have to disagree. A good smack in the jaw will stop 100% of any rebuttals, comebacks or any attempt at answering back. Solves every argument.
    SMACK!

    You're right.... that does work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •