Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ghost cities...

Peltast

Default ghost cities...

Can be conquered a ghost city?

It is necessary to have a colony ship?

The points remain teh same after the conquest?

If raided frequently for resources the points become less. Are they becoming zero after some time? Are the resources become less?

Banned Phrourarch

Yes, you can conquer a ghost town and yes you need a CS. You conquer them exactly the same way as you would conquer a player. The only exception with this is in a Revolt world where you do not need to have Conquest researched and you don't need to revolt it to conquer a ghost town. Just make sure you send your CS as a regular attack.

Ghost Towns lose points over time, this is because they periodically lose a building level until they disappear entirely. However, if you conquer it the points will stop decreasing.

Scrooge of Athens Chiliarch Corinthian II's Avatar
    Cambridge, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Terra, Sol System, Milky Way Galactic Cluster.

Yes, ghost cities can be conquered. They do need a Colony Ship, but the difference to normal cities is that on a Revolt world you do not need Conquest researched, to conquer a ghost city.

Points of a ghost city remain the same after a conquest. Over time, however, a ghost city 'degrades' and loses building levels. If a ghost city is not conquered it will eventually completely degrade and disappear.

Resources are raided from a ghost city in the same way as from regular cities, and they regenerate just the same as they do in regular cities. If you raid resources faster than they regenerate, there will not be resources there.
    Spoiler:

Peltast

i'm doing some raids and i've seen they are degrading faster if raided. so i wanted them for me...

how can i find out if my world is a "Revolt" one?

thanks again!

Banned Phrourarch

Worlds are either Revolt or Conquest - this determines the method you use when conquering a city. The easiest way to find out the settings of your world is to scroll to your world on the main page of the forum and it will have the details listed.

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Terra, Sol System, Milky Way Galactic Cluster.

There are only two categories, 'Conquest' or 'Revolt'. The easiest way to see which your world is, is to look at the Forum section for it.. This screenshot shows where the settings are;

Edit: Damn you, Asth, you beat me again.
    Last edited by Corinthian II; 17.04.12 at 20:07.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Asth View Post
    The only exception with this is in a Revolt world where you do not need to have Conquest researched
    Am I reading this right? Meaning in a revolt world you only need to get to the Colony ship in order to be able to conquer another player?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash2001 View Post
    Am I reading this right? Meaning in a revolt world you only need to get to the Colony ship in order to be able to conquer another player?
    Not quite. In a Revolt world, ghost cities can be conquered without needing to have Conquest researched. You still need it researched in order to revolt and conquer other players, though.
    Spoiler:

Thanks, and how long does it take a town to become a ghost town. For example a 175 point town.

A city generally ghosts 14 days after its owner becomes inactive. This time can vary depending on whether or not the account has gold on it. Cities also ghost when their owner chooses to restart the account.

If you're thinking of conquering a 175 point city though, don't. Colonizing a new city gives 750 points, so conquering anything below that is not worth it. :-)
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast