Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea ~ Gold Traders

Default Idea ~ Gold Traders

Proposal: Make Gold a tradeable resource, which can be given to players from another player. (excludes marketplace at current time)

Gold still needs to be purchased/earnt in the conventional fashion.

Reason: To allow Gold to be purchased by one player, and transferred to another. This would make Gold in my opinion a more valuable resource as players would be more exposed to Gold, and therefore be more likely to want to buy it.

Details: Gold can be gifted to another player along with the conventional resources

Balance: No swing in balance

Abuse:
    Spoiler:

As hp1234 pointed out implemented this idea, may give bullies a motive to bully other players, and extort gold from them.

Which is not an abuse, as it can be reported to the mods

Solutions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by a pebble View Post
    Changes that would negate the above:

1. Cannot transfer gold until 48 hours have passed without attacks on or by the two players on the two players (Player A attacks B= 48 hours...)

This would make the bully's job significantly more difficult as the resource he wants is getting pushed back by his own threats while the other player reports it.

2. No gold transfer between the same IP's. I know, I hate it too...but its the only thing to stop multi's from doing the above.

If those changes are implemented in the idea...its a major +1 from me. I tried to + rep you...I really did...the forum said I have to "spread the wealth".

Summary: Allow players to be able to gift the Gold that they have purchased.
    Last edited by WAVEBREAKER; 01.06.12 at 07:55.

Banned Chiliarch

Agreed... gold should be something you can gift to other players if you decide to quit, for example. Seems a waste otherwise.

But this can increase the cases of bullying other players for gold.So a No
    Sig by me,avy by xtcmax
    Spoiler:

Banned Chiliarch

Quote Originally Posted by hp12345 View Post
    Yeah you're right, and while we're at it; lets remove attacking from the game in case a strong player bullies resources and BP out of a smaller one. We can't have that, think of the children HP.

Quote Originally Posted by hp12345 View Post
    Oh we should also take away the internet because social media sites like facebook give bullies access to kids
    Oh we should also take away schools because schools give bullies access to other kids
    Oh we should also take away money in real life because it may increase the cases of bullying other kids for money

Your argument is forfeit.

lol but still implementing this feature has many potential abuses

§4) Account Sales
    It is forbidden for accounts to be involved in any commercial activity. An account cannot be offered for sale. Offering gold coins to other players in exchange for in-game activities such as attacking other players is prohibited.

Examples:

It is forbidden to buy or sell resources( for example on E-bay)
    It is forbidden to sell your account, or to sell playing rights to your account.
    It is forbidden to advertise gold or resources for sale on your profile.
    It is forbidden to complete or accept game services for gold.
    It is forbidden to ask a third party to conquer your enemies in exchange for gold.
    Sig by me,avy by xtcmax
    Spoiler:

That is an abuse yes, although currently resources can be freely traded so therefore making Gold a tradeable resource would not change anything....

I think we should remove the trading function of resources don't you -Horus-, because it may possibly result in abuse?

Also victims of bullying can report this to in-game mods who will take action

Therefore your issue is forfeit
    Last edited by WAVEBREAKER; 31.05.12 at 12:40.

Banned Chiliarch

None of that essentially prohibits this idea, it more relates to people trying to pawn off their accounts for money on other websites. Technically the first 'forbidden' rule listed is already being contradicted by the fact there is an idea in the development section where players in future will have the ability to purchase resources with gold... what's your point, other than blindly adhering to a piece of text?

Quote Originally Posted by WAVEBREAKER View Post
    I think we should remove the trading function of resources don't you -Horus-, because it may possibly result in abuse?

Also victims of bullying can report this to in-game mods who will take action

Therefore your issue is forfeit
    Agreed with the above point about reporting of harassment and bullying for gold in game, and for trading gold as a resource; it should be kept seperately.

Scrooge of Athens Chiliarch Corinthian II's Avatar
    Cambridge, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Terra, Sol System, Milky Way Galactic Cluster.

Grepolis currently forbid gold transfers between accounts, even if it is between accounts owned by the same person. With that in mind, I would be skeptical about how likely it is that this would be implemented.
    Spoiler:

Banned Chiliarch

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian II View Post
    Grepolis currently forbid gold transfers between accounts, even if it is between accounts owned by the same person. With that in mind, I would be skeptical about how likely it is that this would be implemented.
    If that is true, then the idea you defend in another thread for players to purchase resources with gold should also not be implemented on the same grounds.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast