Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Grepolis New Polis Guide~

hmm I will say pure nukes are more effective than mixed while attacking
    I agree with you only if you were to attack a noob.

???
    Cave - Level 10; it's only another 2 population in total, and there's no way you could get away with only 5000 silver in the long run.
    I see your point but if someone were to be so desperate to spy on your city they will eventually get a spy through

You posted on the wrong forum. Should be moved. But anyways, Thanks for making the guides, glad to read this!
    Sorry Where are the right forums?

Thank you for all your comments!

Yea definitely need cave to lvl 10.
    For Tommy ;):

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20162&dateline=133335  4540
    URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlB592l8SZ4"

i hate to say it, but this is a below average guide and a don't agree with a fair few things in it.

maybe you can give some explanation as to why you have listed the things you've listed so people can see why you've decided on those particular levels/numbers?

as an example, i disagree with even the very first building you list, senate lvl25. senate 25 is not required for any building, so the only reason to build would be for the extra speed (which is only ~6% faster than lvl24), translating to almost 17hrs of building needed to save 1hr. if i remember correctly (i may not, it's been a while ) it takes something like 12hrs to build a senate 25? this would mean ~200hrs of build-time just to break even in time. then there is the issue of cost (it uses valuable resources early on in the game which could be used for conquest-related buildings/research/units) and the population waste (8 if i recall correctly).

so, for a building which you will only be at a high level temporarily (since players will demolish a number of levels once their city build is complete), maxing the senate seems rather wasteful in my opinion when lvl24 is the maximum requirement.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ :

sig by dogukankurt

Hekatontarch

Quote Originally Posted by JKP3nt View Post
    ???
    Cave - Level 10; it's only another 2 population in total, and there's no way you could get away with only 5000 silver in the long run.
    Good catch.
    Last edited by Emperor Perseus; 10.06.12 at 18:19.
    Yours sincerely,
    Emperor Perseus

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Gods:

1st City - Posiden
    2nd City - Hera
    3rd City - Zeus
    4th City - Hades
    5th City - Athena

*Restart the cycle once you reach your 6th City*
    Actually, I prefer Hera at first as you might need to rush for resources(Happiness). I usually put Poseidon on my 2nd or 3rd city. But that depends on your island.

Another point is on research. I would highly recommend Architecture for any city. A math whiz would figure it out.
    Spoiler:

as an example, i disagree with even the very first building you list, senate lvl25. senate 25 is not required for any building, so the only reason to build would be for the extra speed (which is only ~6% faster than lvl24), translating to almost 17hrs of building needed to save 1hr. if i remember correctly (i may not, it's been a while ) it takes something like 12hrs to build a senate 25? this would mean ~200hrs of build-time just to break even in time. then there is the issue of cost (it uses valuable resources early on in the game which could be used for conquest-related buildings/research/units) and the population waste (8 if i recall correctly).
    Lol, I only put Senate at Level 25 Because it made it so that all the levels were multiples of 5, Sorry - That is my perfectionist personality.

Actually, I prefer Hera at first as you might need to rush for resources(Happiness). I usually put Poseidon on my 2nd or 3rd city. But that depends on your island.

Another point is on research. I would highly recommend Architecture for any city. A math whiz would figure it out.
    posiden is vital when making LS and you only get 525 Resources for 30 favour when with posiden you get 800 resources for 25 favour!
    http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Phoenician_Trader

Ah but if you use Hera to cast happiness it raises the production of all resources by 50% so better on the long run methinks

But come to think of it, if you just produce like 200 resources each per hour(in a speed 2 world) , then happiness will not be such of a great help. It will only produce about 1800 resources per 120 favor while with Poseidon, you can have 3200 resources in just only 100 favor. Just put into account that all of this are wood. If you have a good market status and farming village trade, then highly I recommend Poseidon for your first city then.
    Spoiler:

Taxiarch
    Jasper,Alabama,United States,Earth,Milky way galaxy,UNIVERSE

In my cities this is the god order I would use and what i'm using:
    1.Zeus
    2.Hera
    3.Poseiden
    4.Hades
    5.Athena.
    Just saying.
    It is that simple.Not like pi though.Pi is hard.3.14 x's what?

hera happiness in a 1st city is overrated imo. in the early stages of the game the VAST majority of your resources come from farming, so the 50% boost hera gives doesn't do a whole lot for increasing your % haul daily. hera is useful for other reasons though... my only real gripe with hera is that EVERYBODY takes hera as first god, she's like the one to chose when you can't decide just to be different (and stubborn) i usually go for the waterboy or athena (casting HP on my 1st CS makes me feel warm and fuzzy)
    (╯°□°)╯︵ :

sig by dogukankurt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast