Thread: Defense

Helm Defense

Ok, I'm new to the game but it seems to me like attackers do way too much damage to defenders. The accepted military thinking tis that you need at least a 3 to 1 ratio of attacker to defenders to defeat a well defender town. In this game 100 slingers will defeat over 950 slingers behind a lvl 4 wall. How is this even remotely accurate? You have cover behind the wall and overwhelming numbers and you get wiped out by an enemy. Even if you use swordsmen against slingers, you need to have at least 2/3s their number to assure victory for the defender. Just venting here cause a veteran player can easily overcome new cities on any island. I mean everytime i start to build up some troop strength i get attacked and wiped out for killingless than equal numbers of enemy troops.

well morale is in effect so its supposed to even it out the game does actually favour defense, remember you have a wall helping you and militia

Banned Strategos
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

You are wrong -__-

Grepolis favors the defender. Usually.

You are very oh so very wrong, this game favors the defender oh so much.

If you read the game wiki, it will tell you certain units are best for defense and others for Offense. Slingers are good at O but terrible bad at d, in fact slingers are so bad at defending that against certain units the malita are better lol. now that last one does make little sense

Banned Strategos
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Quote Originally Posted by Vork View Post
    You are very oh so very wrong, this game favors the defender oh so much.

If you read the game wiki, it will tell you certain units are best for defense and others for Offense. Slingers are good at O but terrible bad at d, in fact slingers are so bad at defending that against certain units the malita are better lol. now that last one does make little sense
    Thank you for supporting my cause Vork

But yes, Vork is correct... And, the slinger vs. sword ratio that you put is wrong :O

Yeah certain units are defensive and others are offensive. You pitted an offensive unit on both the attackers side and defenders. If you use swordmen you will see they clearly have the advantage over slingers on defense.

Hekatontarch

This is Grepolis, not Simpolis. If you really need 3 to 1 ratio to wipe out units, then with a big wall, and militia, it is impossible to take any cities.

Its not impossible to take cities. With support, co-ordination and proper placement any city can be taken.