Update to Version 2.126 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser49796

However the update only applies to new WW islands going forward. If the island currently has a completed wonder or a wonder currently being built it will not suddenly spawn 19 or however many city slots thus resulting in loss of progress. The intention of the update is to remove this exploit but at the same time not mess with current WW's.

I'll know for certain tomorrow but from what I've been told the above should be the case.

People are still going to throw their toys out of the pram over this...

But it seems fair to me. Think Inno got something right for once here :)

DeletedUser21774

QUESTION 1 & 2 ANSWERED:

QUESTION ON FUTURE UPDATE ON WW VM update (just clarifying):
In the future update, announced as being after the new year, when the WW cities will no longer be protected by VM, will THAT change be retroactive to current WWs?

As far as I am aware that will NOT negatively impact the little 1-city wonders, but affect all players equally, and possibly 20-city wonders more.

Reason for the question here: 1) You don't have a thread for the new one yet. and 2) Players would rather understand and accept it now, rather than in the last minute update announcement and the installation.

DeletedUser17591

I have no problem with this update, as long as it's NOT affecting currently built or started World Wonders. This will provide a level playing field for everyone, and remove an exploit that frankly I hadn't come across, as I don't personally like to hold a WW city.

Allowing this update to be applied retroactively (the word is NOT retrospectively, btw) would do more harm than good, and affect too many players unequally. If you re-read the change notes again, it seems to me that the intent was to remove an exploit where a WW was started, and then a player hit re-start and spawned on the WW island, causing it to be broken.

DeletedUser54366

so essentially the moral of the story is Inno won't tell us a damn thing until the update drops. Like normal, not getting answers to our questions, but anyway, this comment will probably be deleted anyway
smiley_emoticons_freu-dance.gif

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The vmode changes were announced weeks ago, actually a month ago as seen here. As for the details on this update I got the answer to the questions asked as soon as possible once the office opened this morning. Also to be noted that all changelogs are posted on the beta a week or so earlier and go live there before they even get announced here.

Last edited:

DeletedUser54366

I don't care about the VM changes, as you have so kindly noted a few times this thread is about the change to 1 city WW islands. I just care about that - the VM changes, yeah they're annoying, but they're fair

DeletedUser21774

The VM changes will not apply to worlds currently in the WW change but will affect all worlds not currently in the WW stage as of January 2nd as well as all future worlds. There have been a few discussion threads about the VM changes.

Thanks. This reverses the earlier announcement:
"
Vacation mode will no longer apply for cities on islands with present world wonders.
  • This change is necessary to prevent alliances from gaining unfair advantages by actively blocking cities on world wonder islands with some of their members going into in vacation mode.
  • In the first step of implementation, this change will only be applied to worlds on which the age of world wonders has not started yet. All other worlds will follow from January 2nd, 2017."

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ahh whoops misread that. Hard to keep up with what goes live when in updates with delayed activations such as the new changes. So I was wrong and the update goes live/went live a month ago for all worlds not currently in WW stage. On January 2nd the update for the VM changes will begin to effect worlds currently in WW. So from the day the update went live players would have had 2 months to plan around the VM changes if their world was already in WW at the time of the update.

DeletedUser21774

Ahh whoops misread that. Hard to keep up with what goes live when in updates with delayed activations such as the new changes. So I was wrong and the update goes live/went live a month ago for all worlds not currently in WW stage. On January 2nd the update for the VM changes will begin to effect worlds currently in WW. So from the day the update went live players would have had 2 months to plan around the VM changes if their world was already in WW at the time of the update.

No worries. You are right. We're good with that. 1-city wonders: get to remain. 20-city wonders will be conquerable in VM. Got it.

DeletedUser54366

however the answer, the original question that was asked has not been confirmed, it was just based off an assumption

DeletedUser21774

however the answer, the original question that was asked has not been confirmed, it was just based off an assumption
The original question is now moot. He has confirmed that 1-city wonders in progress or completed will NOT be subject to new anchors.

So the little fellers will be protected by that upgrade.

DeletedUser20741

Won't matter much in Carphi but glad they are letting worlds play out. Was a fun little glitch while it lasted. Glad I got to try it. Wish I had seen it in action more. Hopefully now they get to some of the bigger issues to make the game more even-keeled. Maybe, one day...

Good luck to those of you who continue to fight in game battles and for a better game from the designers.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Sorry guys, there was a miscommunication about the update. It will retroactively apply to all islands, with WW's and without them. That part of the update is being pushed back until the next update in 2 weeks. Full information on the clarification can be found here. Again sorry about this mix up in formation.

DeletedUser2595

So to confirm, all WW islands will have 20 spots after the update? But the update is being pushed back 2 weeks (To the 14th December?) Is that all of 2.126 update or will the 20 colony spots be part of 2.127 or an update on it's own?

DeletedUser44996

Are you kidding me, this is the biggest load of BS yet. So you are telling us a world thats been going for well over a year , and to the players that remained to see it out and who have developed strategies around the WW based on the rules on entry of the World, have to suck it up and get some kind of grudging apology from Inno for the "Inconvenience".
Clearly some players have set up with a defense gameplay to protect that 1 x WW city over the last x amount of months, another Alliance has spent the same amount of time travelling to it and camping around it, and for What ? A rule change out of the blue with 2 weeks grace.
You know i used to recommend this game to plenty of people it genuinely was a great game , its turned into one big joke "Alarms - Pay To Win " the list goes on and on with stupendous updates. I feel for anyone who has spent money to attain Gold for this world, if it was me i would be looking for a full refund from day one.
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

In fact BT how do i raise this issue for the Advisors i have paid for in this world ?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
So to confirm, all WW islands will have 20 spots after the update? But the update is being pushed back 2 weeks (To the 14th December?) Is that all of 2.126 update or will the 20 colony spots be part of 2.127 or an update on it's own?

Yes all WW islands will have 20 city slots after the update in 2 weeks. The 2.126 update will still go live tomorrow in regards to the bugfixes but the city slots change won't happen until the next update.

Are you kidding me, this is the biggest load of BS yet. So you are telling us a world thats been going for well over a year , and to the players that remained to see it out and who have developed strategies around the WW based on the rules on entry of the World, have to suck it up and get some kind of grudging apology from Inno for the "Inconvenience".
Clearly some players have set up with a defense gameplay to protect that 1 x WW city over the last x amount of months, another Alliance has spent the same amount of time travelling to it and camping around it, and for What ? A rule change out of the blue with 2 weeks grace.
You know i used to recommend this game to plenty of people it genuinely was a great game , its turned into one big joke "Alarms - Pay To Win " the list goes on and on with stupendous updates. I feel for anyone who has spent money to attain Gold for this world, if it was me i would be looking for a full refund from day one.
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

In fact BT how do i raise this issue for the Advisors i have paid for in this world ?

Send in a ticket with your questions that you want to ask about them paulf41.

DeletedUser44996

Send in a ticket for what , to be told they cannot answer questions on Game developments or get in touch with that department or give any indication of timelines, like the following response

"We are aware of the issue, the support team does not make updates or bug fixes to the game. We have passed this issue on to the development team and they will fix it in thee near future. I cannot give any more info as to when it will be fixed as we do not have that information."

You are aware the 1 x WW city issue was reported by a player as a "Bug" in this world back in July, they and their Alliance will directly benefit from this change, Now what does that look like ??

This must have been one of the most biased decisions ever made. Are you kidding me? So you're just gonna waste over two years of our time, more than 5-6 hours in front of the PC everyday, to introduce a new rule that let's repeat again, have sooo many disadvantages for one alliance, and so many advantages for the other one? Ooooh boy, I can't really believe this is happening!!

I've stayed in Zancle for over 1 year just to deny Triad's victory and you're just gonna hand them that? After 1 freaking year? Defo my own fault, should have known better about INNO ever since the instant buying was introduced!

Oh and Ankitshah, don't tell me we have Gardens so it's not lost yet!! Like you would be OK with losing a wonder for such a stupid reason and without deserving! No one would!!

On the other side, it's a good thing.. My phone needed some space long time ago, so I finally get to delete a useless app.