Email Innogames

DeletedUser

I expected that to have some effect... I sent my email. I suppose it's a case of 'that's just a few people' you're gonna need more people if you're going to have any effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12662

I'm not surprised, and I don't think it's precisely "that's just a few people" type impressions that are responsible. For that matter, I don't think the poll was intended to do anything but convince fence-sitters that they had an impact on the world, and thus persuade them to stay.

The upgrade was going to happen regardless of the poll data, messages, etc. Why? Large empires could be managed fairly well without any gold before. Now, I keep finding all my old tricks for streamlining are useless. Shortcuts exist to replace them, but those rely upon premium features. Someone in charge crunched the numbers and figured Beta and the rest of the old worlds would be more profitable if changed to version 2.0.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Occam's razor and all. It's a business, with the goal of making money. If new players aren't joining Beta and buying gold, the focus will be to squeeze more out of existing players. All the alternate ideas require extra assumptions regarding the mental state of various beings.

DeletedUser

Or it could even be simpler then that. It's not cost or time effective to have to effectively run 2 dev teams for 1 game.

By having 1.x and 2.x there were two different versions of the same game that both had different bugs, different upgrade needs etc etc.

Lugosi

Strategos
The customer is always right ;)

If you're not making your product to fit your target market then you are not a business; nothing more than an enthusiast of your chosen field. Personal opinion for personal gain it would seem Inno has based their actions upon from the view of opposers to 2.0.

DeletedUser

So you're another that doesn't believe the poll was true? The majority voted for 2.x

Therefore by your logic they've done what their customer base wanted.

DeletedUser13405

So you're another that doesn't believe the poll was true? The majority voted for 2.x

Yep. You are right.

Now, lets play multiple choice...

Assume you own a bar/restaurant. If I go into your bar/restaurant for the first time and have a beer at the bar I am a customer....just like the couple having dinner who stop at the bar 3-4xs per week for dinner/drinks. If you as the bar's owner wanted to change something, who should you listen to more....

A. Me, the first-time customer
B. The 3-4xs per week regular customers
C. Both Equally
D. Customers...why listen to them?

Get it?

DeletedUser

Yep. You are right.

Now, lets play multiple choice...

Assume you own a bar/restaurant. If I go into your bar/restaurant for the first time and have a beer at the bar I am a customer....just like the couple having dinner who stop at the bar 3-4xs per week for dinner/drinks. If you as the bar's owner wanted to change something, who should you listen to more....

A. Me, the first-time customer
B. The 3-4xs per week regular customers
C. Both Equally
D. Customers...why listen to them?

Get it?

Yup. The long term customers voted in favour of this. The 1.x worlds were the worlds polled, all of which had been open for months, if not a year or more.

The fact that a minority of the long term customers didn't want it doesn't affect the fact that a majority did.

DeletedUser13405

Yup. The long term customers voted in favour of this. The 1.x worlds were the worlds polled, all of which had been open for months, if not a year or more.

The fact that a minority of the long term customers didn't want it doesn't affect the fact that a majority did.

You missed the point. Some long-term customers voted for it. Many others did not.

The point is that a 175 point player who just joined the world has his vote counted the same as RNW, the #1 player in the world with 140+ cities. The vote was improperly weighed in that fashion. One city, one vote (rather than one player, one vote) may have yielded a very different result and been more illustrative of what the long-time player base wanted.

DeletedUser

So what about a long term play that's just been rimmed? Or the fact the speed 2 worlds would have more votes?

1 vote per person is the democratically accepted means.

The fact you don't like it doesn't mean that the majority voted for it. The fact that you seem to want Inno to only listen to you doesn't mean they will.

DeletedUser13405

I don't want Inno to listen only to me...my email was a reflection of a large % of longtime player sentiment.

Weighting votes is done all the time...look at corporate shareholders voting at a shareholder meeting for example. If I own 100 shares of Microsoft and Fidelity owns 1 million, Fidelity and I do not get the same vote due to Fidelity's greater interest in Microsoft.

Many folks wanted the 1.26 worlds left alone. In fact, I would venture a guess that many longtime players would have paid the operating costs for a server (servers?) that would accommodate 1.26 worlds has Inno provided that as an option. As for updates....1.26 worlds were not being updated anyway.

DeletedUser

Actually Gotham, I think they were 1.271.26.8 (.8 = updated (bugfix?)) by the time of the merge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13405

OK. Thanks. My mistake on the bugfix updates. My other points remain valid.

DeletedUser

It dont matter guys and gals, if you dont like it quit. Many of us are going to be forced to quit due to the hour glass of death. Pages are loading too slow and its not on the customer end the problem. This is why I left 2.0 when I joined a world that had it and its still not fixed, then they upgrade Beta server to a worse product. If it dont get fixed you can count on many players leaving. I got too many cities to sit around and wait for loading when 1.26 worked fine.

Notice my avatar from an in game pic of the hour glass hehe.

DeletedUser345

It dont matter guys and gals, if you dont like it quit. Many of us are going to be forced to quit due to the hour glass of death. Pages are loading too slow and its not on the customer end the problem. This is why I left 2.0 when I joined a world that had it and its still not fixed, then they upgrade Beta server to a worse product. If it dont get fixed you can count on many players leaving. I got too many cities to sit around and wait for loading when 1.26 worked fine.

Notice my avatar from an in game pic of the hour glass hehe.

I have switched to my other computer and i find mozilla works much better here so i sugegst you try that.

Lugosi

Strategos

Wait . . . you can't just flip the coin and bring the poll into the primary line of fire; I wasn't talking about that was I, Greg?

Or it could even be simpler then that. It's not cost or time effective to have to effectively run 2 dev teams for 1 game.

By having 1.x and 2.x there were two different versions of the same game that both had different bugs, different upgrade needs etc etc.

I was talking about the above ^

You just admitted Inno were biased to one side - rightly so its easier to have one version rather than two but my main concern is the way this has been carried out. The bias in their decision shows in the slapdash method they have proceeded with this 2.0 update. I believe the poll was not thorough enough in gaining an accurate and more importantly a reliable view of the whole community.

Anyway the update is with us and making its mark. Inno will and have, lost customers aswell as competant members of their communities who could've aided them in some way but that was their choice and I'm sure they knew there would be some rebellion from this issue but the gain from their point of view was enough to let some be lost.

DeletedUser

But you are the one bringing the poll into it. You are the one stating that the product doesn't fit the target market and that the customer is always right. Their target market is twofold:
1) Keeping establish players
2) Attracting new players.

They have satisfied the majority of A (as shown by the poll). There is no way they could have satisfied the entire community, so they have, rightly (imo and from a business perspective), chosen the to keep the large majority happy.

@Gotham - the vote was to allow for a democratic collection of opinions. Number of cities does not necessarily represent a players investment in the game. Would you be happy if votes were based on gold spent? That would match your share options given that they both represent a financial interest in the business, whereas number of cities does not.

Your email was not representative of the players sentiments. If was representative of a small sample of players, unless you'd like to prove that you collected the opinions of every single player in the 1.x worlds ofc (which is what inno attempted to do by mailing the poll to every 1.x world).

DeletedUser13405

@Gotham - the vote was to allow for a democratic collection of opinions. Number of cities does not necessarily represent a players investment in the game. Would you be happy if votes were based on gold spent? That would match your share options given that they both represent a financial interest in the business, whereas number of cities does not.

I would contend that # of cities absolutely represents a player's in-game investment of time. And many top players are also the ones who have paid the most for gold.

Your email was not representative of the players sentiments. If was representative of a small sample of players, unless you'd like to prove that you collected the opinions of every single player in the 1.x worlds ofc (which is what inno attempted to do by mailing the poll to every 1.x world).

My email is representative of the feelings from a large % of players, both in Beta world who I have spoken with in-game and from the sentiments on the general forum.

DeletedUser

Achilles, where do you live, I will take you up on trying your computer :p Today again I cannot get pages to load at island view and others.