Awards

DeletedUser

I've got a divine power award after spamming kindly gift on one of my cities as my Poseidon favor reached its limit. Anyone have any idea what it does? And did anyone get any other awards?

DeletedUser

There are lots of them. They are part of the latest update. Don't know if they do anything to help you though.

DeletedUser

I know. Betsy mentioned it was a new incorporated feature. What she didn't mention was whether it does anything. I also just got a robber award for capturing 500 resources (it was 6005 actually, but I don't think that was recognized) :p.

DeletedUser

The awards are... cute? Dare I say... For the folks that have been playing and are somewhat successful at the game they're pretty lame. For a super noob, maybe they will like them? Perhaps it's an effort to keep people motivated to play?

Whatever... I do think we should all get whatever other awards we are do though.

When I played TW I was in a fairly successful Tribe, we had a guy who made really cool awards which people tended to enjoy...but the criteria to get an aware was pretty hard core...not raiding for 500 Resource, lame.

DeletedUser

does anyone know what the purpose of these awards are? I mean, aside from general recognition of different accomplishments is there any other perks to this or is it just to be pretty?

DeletedUser

does anyone know what the purpose of these awards are? I mean, aside from general recognition of different accomplishments is there any other perks to this or is it just to be pretty?

Just my though.. I think it is a way to get newer players more excited about the game. It gives them additional achievement goals that continue to grow. As they accrue awards, they play longer, get bigger....and their in game life span increases.

DeletedUser

I think the awards needs some toughening up but I think they are a nifty addition to your profile

DeletedUser

Just my though.. I think it is a way to get newer players more excited about the game. It gives them additional achievement goals that continue to grow. As they accrue awards, they play longer, get bigger....and their in game life span increases.

well, getting awards might make them more enthusiastic about the game and create goals, but only if they know what the awards are ahead of time. is there a list somewhere?

DeletedUser

I know. Betsy mentioned it was a new incorporated feature. What she didn't mention was whether it does anything. I also just got a robber award for capturing 500 resources (it was 6005 actually, but I don't think that was recognized) :p.

As capture get more resources the badge will update. I have 50,000 capturing badge.

DeletedUser

well, getting awards might make them more enthusiastic about the game and create goals, but only if they know what the awards are ahead of time. is there a list somewhere?

I have yet to see a list. However i did not really seek one out. Did you check in the updates section? Have you....asked somebody that might have this info? Has the Wiki been updated?

DeletedUser

havent found anything last time I looked, wiki just lists what the awards are, and as for asking someone that might have the info.. well yes.. that was the purpose of posting my question in the forum lol.. I figured if there is an answer then perhaps SOMEone out here would know. perhaps I was wrong. or perhaps there is no real value to these awards aside from making your profile look pretty. *shrug*