Inactive Topic Changes for sending resources

DeletedUser31385

Proposal:
Make a change for people sending resources to an alliance member.

Reason: A lot of resources get wasted because you do not know what was sent.

Details: Make it where if you try to send resources, and the warehouse is full it will say: "Are you sure you want to waste (amounts) (resources)?"

Also add an option where a player can choose to make incoming resource shipments visible for certain cities so alliance members can see what is incoming. The player can then disable it from a window in the market.

Visual Aids: X (I am not an artist)

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I don't see how this can be abused.

DeletedUser31385

Any thoughts/opinions on this matter? I suggested this because the player can see resources coming in, why can't his alliance members have the same knowledge as long as the player permits it?

DeletedUser33530

i mean this can easily be solve with players being active and keeping people up to date. For example: I say I need 5k rock on the forums and that i have a warehouse that can hold 20k rock. One guy then posts that he sent 1k. Another guy posts that he sent 3k. Last guy posts that he sent 2K. Last guy went over and maybe he looks at the forums sees his mistake and fixes it or sees that the warehouse holds 20k and considers the plus 1k he gave an early christmas gift. Final an alliance mod sees this and deleted the guys request for rock or edits the post to say the demand has been filled.

This is how I usually run trade in my alliances (the ones where I'm a forum mod). As you see i can be a control freak but this is simple process to ensure no resources are wasted.

DeletedUser31385

I have noticed time and time again a lot of people do not post because either they forget or they are too lazy.

DeletedUser50167

I don't agree with this one.
It's useless to make the game more complicated as it is.
If you and the person you support can't communicate... and the city owner can't organize his resources... It's actually their fault.
Wasted resources are a part of the game. And so is organizing warehouses to prevent resources from wasting.

*Mr.Resource sender typing a letter to his weakened friend:"I send you 10k stone, make sure it fits in to the warehouse..."*

DeletedUser31385

Alliance members should be able to have the same information as the owner on trades. Say a player has a "representative" there. Should he not be able to get information about what is happening if the owner approves it?

DeletedUser50167

Imagine what would happen if you suddenly can see ALL of your alliance members trades? What a mess!
Alliance members should be able to have the same information as the owner on trades.
Oh really?! Or maybe it's a deal between the resource sender and the city owner?
Should he not be able to get information about what is happening if the owner approves it?
Owner approvement = message when asked what's what.
-----------------------
Let's go back a little...
Reason: A lot of resources get wasted because you do not know what was sent.
Is that a problem because of the game mechanics or is it the problem in your kind resource sender's laziness? He sends you resources... then he messages you how much he sends. Then you manage your inventory not to waste any of the incoming resources when they arrive. simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27128

This wouldn't work. People continue to use up resources as soon as they arrive. I have done so myself. Got someone to send resources in 5-7 min intervals to allow me to use them up and open space for the next shipment.

DeletedUser36436

The interface would look like this (only available for fellow alliance members):

4Ir6ZeN.png

and if you would try and send too much this warning would come up:

UHBD4vO.png

(Sorry anyone who has OCD but I did this in about 5 min)

Now I can see how it can be abused as spies can find out which inactives are being farmed. It could also be abused as to working out the type of attack on a city (when a trip goes off in an inactive city) and work out whether it was a farming attack or a clearing attack.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22708

This is an idea that can be abused to find inactives or offline people in enemy alliances if the option to show your warehouse is not implemented.

DeletedUser50167

This wouldn't work. People continue to use up resources as soon as they arrive. I have done so myself. Got someone to send resources in 5-7 min intervals to allow me to use them up and open space for the next shipment.
This where communication goes too. Organize when and who sends what.
Notice you can donate resources to farming villages... and also island quests. And send them to your island neighbours who might have an empty storage space... if you have an active neighbour and you communicate fast, you can handle your probs...

DeletedUser49358

In reality I see this being too much work for almost no gain, is wasted resources because players send too much to an alliance member requesting resources really a large enough issue to warrant changes to the game?

DeletedUser31385

The interface would look like this (only available for fellow alliance members):

4Ir6ZeN.png

and if you would try and send too much this warning would come up:

UHBD4vO.png

(Sorry anyone who has OCD but I did this in about 5 min)

Now I can see how it can be abused as spies can find out which inactives are being farmed. It could also be abused as to working out the type of attack on a city (when a trip goes off in an inactive city) and work out whether it was a farming attack or a clearing attack.

The first image shouldn't be shown. The second one was the one that would be shown to alliance members. This helps prevent abuse because people do not know your warehouse capacity. If someone enabled trades for a certain city to be public to alliance members, it would be viewed in the market in a separate window so you do not get confused. I have seen it where everyone sends resources and you get way too much being sent and 10s of thousands gets wasted.

DeletedUser22708

That's why if you need resources you ask people to pm you first. So you can tell them how much res you need and they know you're online so no res gets wasted.

I do not think this needs to be implemented in the game.