Militia are getting annoying :(

DeletedUser340

Damn I dont personally use militia unless Its to mym ain village because my other village had it wall killed and it pointless :|

But when i get more transport ships his attacks will crumble .

DeletedUser2413

I love when "noobs" post.

Miltia was not Always apart of the game. I don't complain against bolt as it was here before. But changing something that's bad for attackers (In a defence friendly game) Is Ridiculous.

Okay. So taking 375 people and letting them all die and getting free BP and with no losses (maximum you can lose is 7000 resources) is realistic? You think 375 people should be able to be replaced EVERY 3 hours in a population of 3000? That's 11%. If it was New York, it would be like losing 2 million people. And then You can do it every 3 hours. Is that realistic? No Im afraid it's the exact frickin opposite!
facepalm.gif
I would like to start out by saying that I'm not really for or against either (bolting or militia)... However some people's logic baffles me... It is nothing against you Dakkar, you seem like a cool guy....

But.. :pro: NOT Uber Realistic Simulation World

It's just that we're talking realism in an online strategy Game set in Ancient Greece with MYTHOLOGICAL creatures! We can build a friggin' Temple in under 14 hours, and train units in hours... It took the ancient Greeks about 75 damn years to build the Parthenon. I think it takes about 9 months to pump out an infant, about 16 years to raise to an age where they could be trained for military.

So it's OBVIOUSLY not all about realism!

It's a GAME! Play within the mechanics of it... you don't go writing Hasbro because they didn't include any dodecahedral die in the box and you want to be able to go around the board in one roll...
Or that you can't seem to land on that damn chance square, so you want them to remove it from the board!

monopoly.jpg

NOPE! :Smirk:

I highly doubt it, you play the game, or you say screw that I'm never playing a Hasbro game again in my life.. and suffer with all those lousy Mattel games because of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

also, i would like to point out we dont know what time scale the game is on. 3 hours could be 3 months for all i know. and 3000 would be adult male population most likely (to the ladies: men are more likely to be stronger, and in a pre-industrial society, strength is everything), so you have no idea how many children or women there are in the background. In 3 months, plenty of children could come of age.

Also, in farming societies, it paid to have about 6 kids to help do the work. Also, that 3000 does not count the population of the people on the farms, which are not included in the general population. So the actual population would be much higher. Militia probably grabs whatever is in the city at the time or something like that. In most agricultural societies, most people did farming, so if we say that 50% of the people are actually working on the farms, then there is a total of 6000 people in the city and surrounding area. So actually only 5.5% of the population would be killed. And that is on minimum statistics. Most likely, it is more likely to be higher than that.

DeletedUser

as a point and fact City States were not that large...they were like small towns that had lower numbers of people than the metropolis's thus why the word metropolis is a word...City states paid taxes to local metropolis's like Alexandria,Rome,Carthage,Athens and so on. 3500 people in a single land mass was over crowding to people in a state where to make bread you needed a giant building at least 4 stories high called a wind mill to grind the flour for the bread then a stove the size of a now a day apartment kitchen for the heat to spread evenly and such. so 3500 people for a polis isn't bad it would have proably been more of a military outpost how ever due to the amounts of troops so in that day and age ladies...did not include women...at all. The soldiers instead would take lovers from their legions so they would fight harder protecting their lovers in battle

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's a GAME! Play within the mechanics of it... you don't go writing Hasbro because they didn't include any dodecahedral die in the box and you want to be able to go around the board in one roll...
Or that you can't seem to land on that damn chance square, so you want them to remove it from the board!

you know if this were the attitude of everyone thered be no use for an ideas forum. I mean if the developers obviously created a perfect game and we all shouldnt complain and play within the mechanics of it.

Fact is most of us like this game and want to see it better. This thread and other militia threads are great examples of how players who complain can get things chhanged for the better. When we started this thread and others like it you could get 600 militia now its down to 325 and nobody has much of a problem with it anymore.

DeletedUser2413

OH believe me I've used the ideas forum, not to change the mechanics, but it would seem the dev's would rather ignore the majority of the requests there! I'm just sour they never gave me my 12 sided dice for Monopoly!

DeletedUser

OH believe me I've used the ideas forum, not to change the mechanics, but it would seem the dev's would rather ignore the majority of the requests there! I'm just sour they never gave me my 12 sided dice for Monopoly!

zabbi. My main point was that 600 militia was crazy. They changed it from MAX of 120 to 600. That's what I don't like. Bolt was there from the start so not too bad. But this has been changed and that's what I don't like.

*Thread was started when militia were 600*

DeletedUser

hehe wish they'd bring that back i'd make a turtle village for bp haha put it right in the middle of GH territory... lol

DeletedUser

I would actually like more Militia.
I'm getting attacked by Justice.
They're getting nothing, and I'm getting BPD.
Works for me, although more would be nice.

DeletedUser

The fact people can raise militia's over and over, take loses and yet it has no negative effect on their village or population, and add to that the fact we can't cat their farms into dust, makes this very much a "Care Bear" game.
From that fact alone it won't be as successful as TW. But it's still a good game and fun to play, just die hard gamers will go elsewhere and they are the ones that flock to games like TW and they are the ones paying the bills.

Just my 2 cents!

DeletedUser

It would be better if we can get BP from attacking militia as well

DeletedUser

I agree with Kevinzaw. Atleast give us 1 BP per five or ten militia killed.