New Farming overview for premium

DeletedUser

Tyrion, I know you think you're being funny by mockingly imitating me, but you must have missed that phoenixavier already said the exact thing you did and I responded. I'm not trying to calculating what effect this might have in theory, but what effect it will have in practice.

DeletedUser4013

Where is the 40500 number from? Is it city specific? I've only been able to that read the max was 12500 per farm * world speed.

Also a lot of your other numbers make no sense. What farm at speed 2 at level 6 is putting out 20 resources? How the hell do you get 320 from 20? If 3840 is "over an hour", how in the world does it take 3.5hours to reach the daily limit?

Basically I can't follow pretty much everything you just posted.

Aurave, the 40,500 is the total number of resources that can be collected by a player from the farms. You can collect 13,500 of each resource, since there are 3 types of resources you need to multiply that number by 3. The daily limit is not affected by world speed. It is a constant figure.

I originally had the numbers for a Speed 1 world when I typed that text in, however, the 320 is actually 40*8; since 40 is the resource amount for a Speed 2 world and there are 8 farms total. The reason it takes just over 3.5 hours to reach the daily limit is because the 3840 is the amount for 1 type of resource, be that wood, stone or silver. By dividing 13,500 by 3840, you arrive at the 3.5 time span.

Tyrion, I know you think you're being funny by mockingly imitating me, but you must have missed that phoenixavier already said the exact thing you did and I responded. I'm not trying to calculating what effect this might have in theory, but what effect it will have in practice.

Asjo, I am not trying to mock your calculations. I am merely trying to show that there is no advantage to be gained with the new feature. As you can see, I merely stated the exact figures for all to see. My percentage, while closer to phoenixavier's figure, is still between the two. Additionally, all three of us have based our numbers on the mines being at max levels. No one player would do that in game unless they were sim-ing. I merely wished to show that the only difference between the two types of players and the amount of resources that are generated comes solely from the level of their mines, and not from any farming feature.

DeletedUser

hahahaha :D

Additionally, all three of us have based our numbers on the mines being at max levels. No one player would do that in game unless they were sim-ing. I merely wished to show that the only difference between the two types of players and the amount of resources that are generated comes solely from the level of their mines, and not from any farming feature.

yea i didnt think about that either

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Tyrion, I'm not sure what you're misunderstanding here, but your calculation is completely superfluous. The only thing you showed is the overall difference that having merchant makes, which should be quite easy to know based on my calculation alone. You're simply saying the same thing that has been said several times in this thread, which I have already responded to: it doesn't give a no-lifer who is able to demand perfectly every five minutes from all his farming villages manually any advantage.

Oh, and about the mines, any lower level mines will only mean a great increase in income due to demands, so in that sense it's not "favourable" to my calculation to have higher mines. It only made sense, though, given that a player with all farming villages fully upgraded would certainly have all mines fully upgraded as well. I'm not sure what you mean about people being sim city players if they have fully upgraded mines - you get your city upgraded quite quickly, and it pays off for anyone, regardless of their playing style, to upgrade mines fully.

Edit: Apparently, I misread a very important line in your post where you claim there is a daily limit to the amount of resources you can get from farming villages. This is new to me. I have farmed for most part of a day before with 5-minute demands, and never stopped getting resources. Do you have anything that evidences this limit? If there is such a limit, then those with the premium farming feature will still have a very significant advantage, but now we can exclude the most active players from the equation as well, not just the no-lifers.

DeletedUser

^ I always say mines should be upgraded fully but I never get them past 15/12/10 for some odd reason.

As for the 13,500 per resource per island max, I have to really disagree with that just from basic anecdotal evidence that it is nowhere near that low. If it is PER FARM max then I would take your word for it.

On speed 2, 1.x farming could net 2 farm runs per waking day on each village. With 8 villages and 6005 as the loot per haul, 6005*8*2= 96080 was a rough max.

In 2.x worlds with constant 5m timer farming I'm flooded with resources I can't find any use for to the point where there was no need to even farm inactive players.

If 13,500 is the max per city for one resource, well then there's a massive bug where my 2.x max was much, much higher. Because I sure never hit it in 20 hours of constant farming.

If you meant 13,500 is the combined max for each farming village, then that would be different, and your calculations would have to reflect that as well.

Of course all this is for the most part completely irrelevant. We know the max, w/e it is, is the same no matter what premium you have. And the amount of resources you get from each demand is exactly the same. So doing numbers for 5m demands is kind of silly really...

The point is you can't continue to do 5m demands as a non premium regardless of your online time. It takes 24 mouse clicks and about 16s vs 1 mouse click and .5s to fully farm an island. To then switch to another island it takes even more time. It's a massive difference, and quickly leads to players that can farm effectively vs those that cannot.

It's not something I think you should have to pay for.

DeletedUser

It's not something I think you should have to pay for.

like ive already said ill go as far as saying i would be in favor for it if it was made baseline for a player that controlled all 8 farm villages on an island it could be a players reward for conquering them . . . other than that i will stand my ground in saying its a legit premium feature that should not be baseline.

DeletedUser

Just an update about this. I can see that the limit for farming villages has been added with the latest update. The limit is specific to the level of your farm. The update has not been applied Phi, where I have my level 6 farming villages, but I can see that level 4 farming village has a daily limit of 20.000 resources. In a speed 2 world, it takes 17 hours and 30 minutes of 5-minute demands. So, the limits seems only to be there to make it impossible for people to kill themselves playing the game (like we have seen people with WoW in Chinese net cafés), demanding constantly for all hours of the day. The limit has no actual relevant to what we are discussing. My calculations on page 6 are still spot on.

Edit: Limit on farming village level 6 is 25.000. Takes the same time to reach.

DeletedUser4013

I can honestly say, that after testing Psi before it was recently opened, that the farming-all feature that has been added is just as cumbersome as farming all of the villages individually. It auto selects all available farms leaving you to de-select those you do not want to farm. I actually found it easier to farm individually, even with the option to do a farm-all. I still doubt that there is an advantage given to either type of player.

DeletedUser

Tyrion, that is the funniest thing I have heard for a while :D

A farm-all button instead of just farm one city would be nice indeed, though :)

DeletedUser

Ha Ha Ha, I keep reading there is no real advantage to the new farming system? Are these people for real?

For a start I think a lot of the calculations are way out, for a start they have all been made with mines on 40, a lot of people don't have mines on 40 as takes up to much population so the income recieved from mines is less than in calculations therefore making the percentage differance more than what has been stated.

And saying that a non premium player can still get the same resources from farms it just takes them longer is like saying I could take a liner accross the atlantic but at then its possible to do it for free in a rowing boat. Repeatedly clicking a button every 5 minutes is not playing a game but it does become a possibility for premium users.

I am going to say its 1 second per click (imore than likely longer when including the often present lag and response errors).

Each city has 8 farms, to farm each city is 3 clicks plus an extra click to bring up the city so 8x3+1=25 seconds per city

5 minutes has 5x60=300 second

300/25=12

So in 5 minutes 12 cities can be farmed with no time off (you may get luck and have no lag and so can get it done quicker)

Premium user 1click to get farming page plus 2 clicks per city, so if its 2 clicks per city in 5 minutes I can farm 149.5 cities as opposed to 12.
Yes I can see the argument of there is no real advantage to this premium feature.
Is that like 1245% better, and I have seen figure quoted as low as 11% better

Now of course its not over 1000% better but you can make stupid comparisons of only a small fraction better and so I can make 1 where its almost infinatly better.

In reality I would say that a premium player may spend 2 or 3 minutes farming every 20 minutes and this alone is likely to be more than enough to get more resources than a non premium player.

When I started playing this game in Lambda I knew I was at a significant disadvantage over a premium player as they can have 30% more base resources than me, there army fights 20% better than mine and so take less casualties. Not sure the exact percentage but it must be close to around a 50 percent advantage which I now have to try and make up the differance in farming (world 1 was much better as 2 or 3 hours in the morning and ALL my farming was done for the day) and his extra resources may not help him that much as it take him the same amount of time to build his army as me anyway.

But now this has all changed, now I can not try and make up the differance in farming as this area has become so unbalanced its untrue, and I don't even have the other leveler of it takes him the same amount of time to build up his army as me, because thats not true either as he can do it in half the time now(sure its just a coinsidence how this feature to be usfeull would require an increase in resources). This game has become so unfair now its almost time to give up.

And to all those that say people who pay should be at an advantage, well you already had 1 its just getting bigger all the time.
And what are you really paying for? when you buy Call of duty or something similar you pay 1 time and get a quality game with decent graphics etc, jet set willy looked better than this, its the people that make the game, alone this game is rubbish, so if the people leave then the rubbish game is finished.

DeletedUser

Ha Ha Ha, I keep reading there is no real advantage to the new farming system? Are these people for real?

For a start I think a lot of the calculations are way out, for a start they have all been made with mines on 40, a lot of people don't have mines on 40 as takes up to much population so the income recieved from mines is less than in calculations therefore making the percentage differance more than what has been stated.

ohh great . . . did u read any of the last 2 pages ? lol if so ud have noticed that was addressed by tyrion.

And saying that a non premium player can still get the same resources from farms it just takes them longer is like saying I could take a liner accross the atlantic but at then its possible to do it for free in a rowing boat. Repeatedly clicking a button every 5 minutes is not playing a game but it does become a possibility for premium users.

yup . . . if u had to get to another island and u didnt have enough money to travel by plane then ud have no choice but to buy a boat . . . ull understand

But now this has all changed, now I can not try and make up the differance in farming as this area has become so unbalanced its untrue, and I don't even have the other leveler of it takes him the same amount of time to build up his army as me, because thats not true either as he can do it in half the time now(sure its just a coinsidence how this feature to be usfeull would require an increase in resources). This game has become so unfair now its almost time to give up.

the underlined text tells me that u understand wat premium is but ur argument makes me wonder . . . premium was made to allow a player (and i quote) "do it in half the time"

And to all those that say people who pay should be at an advantage, well you already had 1 its just getting bigger all the time.
And what are you really paying for? when you buy Call of duty or something similar you pay 1 time and get a quality game with decent graphics etc, jet set willy looked better than this, its the people that make the game, alone this game is rubbish, so if the people leave then the rubbish game is finished.

call of duty . . . realle ? . . . u pay for map packs where if u dont have the map pack u cant play those maps . . . im sure if inno made premium only worlds people would complain that all the good settings are made for those worlds

this is beginning to become a re-run argument everytime a new premium is released . . . a couple of us have agreed that a farm all button should be given to non premis . . . but not of the same effectiveness as the premiums . . . premium is to make things quicker this is a legitimate premium no matter how unfair it may seen to those that refuse to buy gold

think of it like this ur at a restaurant waiting in line for a booth wen suddenly a VIP customer walks in stands in the line next to the one ur in. u both have the same number of people yet uve been standing there for 20min, he gets seated first cuz hes VIP

now is that fair ? probably not. but is it legal ? yes it is

DeletedUser

Sure you do have this argument everytime a new premium feature is released as it tips the balance even more, quite obvious really

DeletedUser

Just because something is legal does not make it ethical xavier.

DeletedUser

Just because something is legal does not make it ethical xavier.

i agree with u . . . but thats how things are done, i dont like that it was made a premium feature . . . i would have loved to see something to an extent available for those who either cant afford premium or are to stiff to reach in their back pockets and type in a few numbers . . . innogames doesnt request any money from player, but the option is given. those that take the offer deserve an advantage . . . those that dont deserve a fair game . . . which is why i said that id be for there to be a farming feature on a per island basis that is only attainable to those that have all 8 farms.

DeletedUser

I like the feature, it's a comfort gain only as opposed to the reduction of recruiting times which has great influence on gameplay. Now the next step would be a one-click city festival feature.

DeletedUser

double-h has said kinda what i was saying earlier about a 'comfort gain'. the perfect thing for a premium feature imo is something which just makes operations more convenient, or 'comfortable' if you will. that's all this farming overview is doing. yes, that convenience is a fantastic plus, but farming all your villages is something which can be done without premium (even though most people wouldn't want to, it's still a choice).

if you look at the administrator overviews it's really the same thing - wonderful convenience which saves you time (in fact if i had to choose one premium in 2.0 it would be administrator, and not captain for the farm overview). are people also unhappy about the fact that administrator is a premium feature? not that i'm aware of.

imo other premiums which do offer a bonus which can't be made up for by activity are less fair (e.g. merchant, captain, all the things that nobody is complaining about really). i actually think that the ability to call in the phoenician merchant an unlimited amount of times is the biggest advantage premium users have since it effectively lets people buy resources, which is where things can start to get unbalanced in these types of games.

DeletedUser

I like the new farming overview, although I honestly think its weird that it comes with the Captain. Seriously, what does a sea Captain have to do with farms? I think it would have fit better as another overview with the Administrator, or if Inno felt that gave too much for only one premium option, it should have been implemented as part of the Merchant option.

Also, as much as the new overview greatly helps to reduce the number of clicks necessary to collect from farms, the window REALLY needs a "check all" option so that each of the villages do not need to be checked off each time the overview is used.

DeletedUser

Well, I'll have to amend my last comment about the need for a "check all" option.

I was leaving the farming window open in between collections, and after collecting needed to check each village I wanted to collect from. However, if the window is closed after collecting, and once the villages have refreshed to offer new resources to the city, once the farming window is reopened and a city selected, all of the villages are automatically checked.

That's worth the price of gold any day. :)

I still think it would have been a better fit to match the farming overview up with the Administrator or the Merchant, however. Although it is nice to have the farming overview AND +20% attack for my navy with the Captain...

DeletedUser5

By clicking on the town on the left hand side of the window, you will be able to select all villages without closing the window.

DeletedUser809

well as far as it goes this is a needed improvement. I still think the farming system in Grepolis is an enormously stupid waste of time. I'd be happy if the farming overview let you select all villages for all polises and click once to farm them all at the same time and placed a permanent button along the top of the window that flashed red when your villages were ready to farm. That would make this feature do what I really want which is to basically just click once every five minutes.