Pnp Forgotten Ghosts v/s Pandoras Box

DeletedUser

"Yeah, we shut it...permanently. 04/09/2012"

So, a funny thing happened about 3 weeks ago now. Along came this guy:

AtVAg.jpg

Now, this guy, (D)Farmerthc - who apparently farms much thc...hurr... (he's actually really nice guy! and he knows I joke!)

contacted our wee alliance in ocean 44, the Forgotten Ghosts. Monseiur farmer it seems wanted to join our alliance. Apparently, he was dissatisfied with his own you see. A common enough situation in Grepolis, ain't it?

So, being responsible for overseeing the admittance of new players at the time, I peruse his details over on GrepoIntel. Totaly in a non-stalkerish way. ahem. Farmer was late of the Pandoras Box alliance also in ocean 44.

Now, early on a few of our members who went offensive early ended up attacking a few of Pandoras members. No big deal right? It's all fun and games until someone loses a city right? Well it appears the spokesperson for the PB alliance took exception to us attacking one of his members which shared an island with one of ours.

This islands not big enough for the both of them, clearly. In response, our member (D)comack2 get's a rather interesting message from this spokesperson, a one (D)chicken.of.the.sea:
rx4W4l.png

To summarize: OMG WE WILL CRUSH YOUZE!!
(In actuality, no messages were sent to me, or pact requests would be sent to us by Pandoras Box for quite some time. Almost a full day would elapse before the official request came through)

Now, when I saw this, looked at their alliance page and their average BP, I could tell right away that these tough guys were Simmers. Build, build, defense, defense. Turtle soup. You get the picture.

Here was the picture that immediatelycame to mind:

Mu3Mjl.jpg

Now I basically tell my members to "keep firing (expletive deleted) holes! Rick Moranis ftw yo.

Apparently, within the halls of Pandora's forum chamber, they are very:

j1fCFl.jpg

Now, all within FG is calm and collect. We are progressing well, cutting the fat, and becoming a trim, fit, alliance worthy of our values. Now we come to farmer. He sends the following to my future personnel guy, highlighted for your reading convenience:

LyYrTl.png

We've been pretty leary of inviting Pandora's members. They don't seem on the level, and most of them don't meet our requirements anyway. But, I have my procedures, so I treat this guy like everyone else. I'm willing to give him a shot. Even if he is a spy, my thinking tells me, he won't get anything he can use as nothing in the general alliance forums is of a sensitive nature, and the alliance leadership utilizes skype for quick, and confidential conversations.

Then, out of the blue, I get his application. It is, shall we say, unconventional!

6w8MUl.png

quickly followed by:

C9ucEl.png

Now as you can see here: Not only did their 'spy' completely blow the scoop to yours truly, but he even confessed that tuna head (chicken.of.the.sea) wanted to do a fake email chain between the two of them to make the defection look legitimate, and everything. Oh, here it is!

L9pe6l.png

In fact, what was actually happening is that tuna head was losing control of his spy, and his tenuous grasp on reality, because lets face it:

ETLYwl.jpg

But, as we all know, clever little individuals cannot deal with the cognitive dissonance caused by the realization that they are in fact not at all clever. The same goes for tuna head. He just can't fathom that his little plan has gone awry, nor can he possibly see beyond the epic failure to the consequences of his actions. He was just too clever for his own good, and his glorious plan just spiraled out of his control.

Up until now, he hadn't pacted with us, nor had anyone from his alliance offered a pact until AFTER his first threats were leveled. Now I don't know about you guys, but the quickest way to make friends, and fool your enemies, is not to try and infiltrate a SPY into their midst to prompt them to become your best buddies.

If you want to become friends, you do friendly things, you know. You give them flowers. A hug perhaps. Why you might even tell them that they look very sharp in that brand new polo-shirt they just bought. But, what you don't do, is try to sneak a spy in their midst. The fact that any of them actually thought this was the correct action to take towards someone you want as an ally in the future is just...well it's mind boggling.

The Picard does not approve. And neither does the Riker...

xHIzzl.jpg

But of course, when you are this clueless, you double down, and on top of being caught with your hand in the proverbial cookie jar, you pretend to be the victim of deeds most foul! No, no, I'm not the jerk, that guy is!

mCtnel.png

I wonder if he could type all that with a straight face.

*sigh*

But, as I will post later... tuna head and crew are not done compounding failure with failure, because they would try it again!

If only they had seen this handy motivational poster first:

FxU8Sl.jpg

This has been a friendly Politics and Propaganda post from yours truly. Stay tuned for more of the sordid details as our epic series of fumbles and foibles continue!

Comments are appreciated and highly desired! Let's get some life into these forums people!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good one! I'd +rep, but it says I need to +rep others first. :p

DeletedUser

good stuff, but next time please post only messages and not the entire screenshots, it's difficult to read like that

DeletedUser

Maybe farmerthc should change his name to jamesbond...

DeletedUser

Looks like you're a little late with this pnp as farmerthc already quit yesterday though... It was enjoyable though.

DeletedUser

This is so epic. I wish I could add more, but I think you covered it up to this point.
It's about damn time this forum got some color. I was starting to die a little inside from the boredom.

The screen shots are great because of the proof factor. If you don't know how to use Ctrl+ then you don't belong on the internet.

DeletedUser

oh, i see. We got a big time hacker over here to come and humiliate noobs like myself. Oh my... i feels so ashamed that I did not use Ctrl+mouse-wheel-up to try and see what's written in these screenshots, or wait... maybe I did? I don't remember anymore because everything is blank in my head from your uber awesomeness Mr. God of the Internet. Pardon my insolence once again, I'm just a peasant of the Internet, not like yourself - a true God that knows how to use Ctrl+ and still able to see the fuzzy text because of his godly hawk vision. too awesome for me.

DeletedUser

and when I see just in-game messages without screenshots, I always call bullsh1t because everyone on the Internet knows you can Photoshop anything

DeletedUser22343

yes finally I got to read somthing worth while :) This was a very nicely done PnP.. ^^^dont know what tyroneblack's prob is lol

DeletedUser

oh, please don't mind this lowly noob of the Internet. Mr Hacker already pwned me into oblivion in message number 6.

DeletedUser

So, remember way back to the before time, in the long, long ago when I said I'd continue to display the fail which is Pandoras Box?

Well, I've been a bit sidetracked, what with being in the game and all, but yet again, a little message from Tuna-head made its way across the desk of your's truly.

I have several comments about said message, and most of those deal with the complete BS the entire message is premised on, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Basically, the message speaks for itself. oh and my opinion can be condensed into picture format, as usual.

rjrIg.png

To which I respond:

elQBh.jpg

DeletedUser

OK, so now that I have a bit of time, as I just ate my lunch. It was a very tasty Colony ship. *burps*

GBuQw.png

Let me elaborate on a point by point basis.

Point one, Tuna Head is quite the egotist. He is not the prima donna he thinks he is. He's a magnet. A magnet to draw attention, and while all that attention is being paid to him, he feels a sense of self- worth. In a few days, that feeling is going to evaporate in a flash-boil as the rest of his friends go up in a cloud of smoke. He was never target "one" as he states, and the fact that he thinks this is personal indicates everything that is different between his alliance and mine. The fact that I have singled him out merely fuels this illusion and gives it substance that he can latch on to, but what he fails to realize, is that all this is merely illusion and that rock he's clinging to in safety is going to turn to mist in his hands very shortly.

Point two, this is the 3rd or 4th time that he has given me and my alliance reason to end his own. He continues to try and beguile his way to a path that will lead around us, since he cannot stand up to us directly. Since he cannot or will not have this fight with us in the open, he attempts to nip at our heels. Both him and his alliance are a pack of these:

N6MR5.jpg

And in the end, they are just as comical.

Point three, at no point will you see a member of their alliance come here and actually try to defend any of these actions because they are at face value indefensible. Simply put, his alliance reacted poorly, as first time players often do, to this game being offensive in nature. They are a collection of Simmers who thought it would be a hoot to build some cool looking soldiers and hide behind a wall the entire game, in fact, that is all Tuna-head has been doing the entire time.

They will not fight their own battles and in fact, have done nothing but try to have other alliances fight us for them. And what is even more humorous, these other alliances, who as Forgotten Ghosts have recently discovered, seem no better than the Hades MRA bunch that they have replaced. He has managed to goad these alliances into some incredibly stupid, wasteful, and ill-advised attacks on my members.

Here is evidence of their desperation, lack of organization, and well, bad planning. Here is their idea of a conquest support wave:

OWCAy.png

Yes, those really are lightships that were sent as defenders...

We have bled them, and will will continue to. Despite tuna-head's claims that we are surrounded by enemies, the truth is we have many friends. Some large, some small, but with one common factor.

An opposition to this Borg like pact of alliances that has grown bloated, and fat. Well, we don't allow fat kids in Forgotten Ghosts, and we trim the fat constantly. Even now, a vast coalition is being formed to deal with these 1%ers who claim to be about quality, but when they actually put action into motion, look more and more like a quantity first crew. Sure, they have their share of experienced and quality players, but these cannot bear the obese weight they have surrounded themselves with for long.

So, bottom line?

Pandoras Box have been weighed, and they have been measured.

And they have been found wanting.

DeletedUser

Well, Interesting things have happened today in little ol Ocean 44, as Forgotten Ghosts had predicted. But, we never thought it would end like this.

As of about 10 minutes ago, Pandoras Box is no more. They have completely disbanded. There was quite a few humorous things that went into it, and if I feel like it, I might post about it here. I have a few really, utterly - and I mean every syllable of those words - hilarious emails i could post. but between me and you guys?

I think I'm just going to be the bigger man and drop it.

Most of the members of Pandoras Box, are in actuality probably very cool people. Sure, their first experience with Grepolis hasn't been the best I'm sure, but most of the blame for that can be put on the shoulders of one or two individuals.

See, that's the thing about being a leader. You are ultimately responsible for whatever happens. A real leader won't pack his bags and abandon the ship like an Italian Passenger Liner Captain. He will go down with that son of a gun, like on the Titanic.

Well, the captain of Pandoras Box decided to cut and run, and eschew the responsibility that he failed at wielding.

So, let this be a lesson to other alliances.

We might not be the biggest alliance out there, and in fact, we don't want to be.
We might not be the baddest alliance out there, and in fact, I'll be the first to admit I have more to learn about the game.

But what Forgotten Ghosts IS, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is a TEAM.

We fight, we bleed, we conquer, and if it comes down to it, we're going to go out swinging, together. Because if you don't all hang together, you will surely all hang separately. And as for those that find themselves on the opposite side of us in this little game on the wide world of the interwebs?

You'd be wise to commit that to memory.

Peace out.

DeletedUser

Ah what the heck...

This will be lengthy. You have been warned: For serious drama fiends only. Not for the feint of heart!

Here is the majority of the email chain I got last night that caused Pandoras Box's collective heads to explode, after we had successfully conquered one of their original founders and had 2 more CSs inbound to other leaders:

Originally from Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 04/10/2012 -
Chicken.Of.The.Sea today at 00:42
Hello Comack, (And deus, since he's the leader, even if he can't coordinate a successful attack for his life),

I enjoyed our little skirmish last night. Comack, our spy whose been helping us out from inside a while told me this of you...
Inside spy has written the following:
Did you guys just launch a cs on comack because this alliance is freaking out! their leader Deus fore just told every one to send all available birmemes to his city they are gona try and get your cs. comacks been going crazy mass mailing everyone the attack times and asking people to send all their troops to him. this alliance is in complete chaos right now.

If you don't believe it, then explain how I know this...
Inside spy has written the following:
Alliance,
The message you've been waiting for. Commence Operation: Queen of Hearts!

Target: The Barnyard

All waves are GREEN light for launch. CS arrival time: 06:00:00.

Support Phalanxes, as a reminder, timing is crucial. NO FRIENDLY FIRE ALLOWED.

Let's show these scrubs what a real conquest looks like.

That is all.

It looked like it was all going so well before it was skrewed up by the Comack who cried CS....

Anyways, I am not only writing this message to make fun of your incapability as a leader, nor Comack's being a bigger chicken than me, your beloved "tunahead". I am also sending this message to REQUEST that you destroy shadow for me. He's a disgrace to our alliance. We were going to go out quiet now that we've had our fun and need to go back to real life, but he's gone and made a fool of himself, and the whole alliance as an extension. Please get him off of this world. Thanks on that account.

Oh so many ways I meant to tease you both and poke fun at your many inadequacies before I stopped playing. Oh well, its been a fun rivalry. Time for the end-of-game shake and all that. I've enjoyed reading your lovely commentary on my name particularly in the forums over the past two weeks.

I hope you both find lives outside of this game one day; it must be hard living in Idaho though, nobody to play with besides the potatos when you aren't on grepolis. Also hard as an ex-army boy. Hard to find a girlfriend with no legs either.

Hope you consider your lives well spent!
Chicken.Of.The.Sea (Tunehead)
Secretary of Defense, CoFounder
Pandoras Box

Signing out

My reply -
DeusFurore today at 00:51
please please dont quit to your alternate account until i can reply to this. Its really gonna make your head explode!

one sec, i have to forward some emails to you. It will explain all. and if you need it explained slower, give me like a few hours, and I'll explain it all in detail on the PnP thread i created on the Grepolis forums.

DF

Now, a couple of things before I get to the "Inside Spy"...

First, I am a veteran, but of the United States Navy. I also, do not live in Idaho, nor have I ever resided there. I am also not disabled, and assure you all that I enjoy the full use of my legs. To any American veterans of foreign wars that have sacrificed life and limb in the defense of our nation, I salute you.

Back to the show.

Here were some messages I then forwarded him:
DeusFurore today at 00:56
Fabrication, part 1.

Yes, that is your supposed spy, forwarding your communications to me. Wait, does that make him my spy? Why, I guess it does!

(This message was forwarded)
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-09 at 02:52
lol

Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-09 at 00:36
I see, that's good. Keep the intel coming.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-09 at 00:09
Their leader just sent this out, i think they are going to try and take your city!

He said the cs lands at 6:00:00 server time.

This alliance is in utc+2.
DeusFurore on 2012-04-09 at 00:06
Alliance,

The message you've been waiting for. Commence Operation: Queen of Hearts!

Target: The Barnyard

All waves are GREEN light for launch. CS arrival time: 06:00:00.

Support Phalanxes, as a reminder, timing is crucial. NO FRIENDLY FIRE ALLOWED.

Let's show these scrubs what a real conquest looks like.

That is all.

Here's the next forward that occured just before everything Blew up. As you can see here, the important thing to grasp is that Tuna-Head's supposed "Inside Spy" wasn't even spying for him. In fact, he wasn't even spying for us. All DragonBorn was doing was telling Tuna-head exactly what we wanted him to hear. He was the brilliant Spy Master, and our lowly alliance was in chaos.

All we did was feed the Ego. He ate it all himself.

The truth, is much more depressing. People think they are in control of their life; the opposite is true. You are under the complete control of the environment. Free will is an illusion.

And the above fabricated announcement about us attacking Chicken's city with everything was complete bs as well. we were purposefully saving him for last, and playing to his ego making him think he was always target number one.

DeusFurore today at 00:58
Oh look, more cool "spy" novel stuff! It's like you read too much Tom Clancy man.

DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-09 at 02:53
hehehe

Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-09 at 01:56
We had everyone send attacks at him, no cs but it got him off my back for now. Glad to see it worked. We will see if we can get support on the other two more now that they missed their shot on me.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-09 at 01:43
Did you guys just launch a cs on comack becaause this alliance is freaking out! their leader Deus fore just told every one to send all available bremiemss to his city they are gona try and get your cs. comacks been going crazy mass mailing everyone the attack times and asking people to send all their troops to him. this alliance is in complete chaos right now.
Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-09 at 00:40
Ok we'll forget ricky for now. We have people sending support to the other two targets. I must be the grand finale. I'll see what I can do.

Keep an eye out. Great job
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-09 at 00:38
i cant find anything about ricky it might be one of the diversion attacks. they are sending waves of transport boats just to make it look like conquest, but their leader sent out mail telling everyone you are a target aas far as i know you are their only one. It seems as thogh their leadership talks on skype tho so i am not sure about anything but your city.
Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-09 at 00:31
Get us that intel fast. they have CS's coming at us in a few places. Look especially for a guy named Ricky James7, who we suspect is a traitor.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-08 at 23:38
I just got an invite to the ghosts. I will look on their forums for information.

to be continued...

DeletedUser

The final two messages I sent to tuna-head showed how his spy had given him up from the very beginning, but they were apparently too much for his now fractured psyche to take. I doubt the cognitive dissonance he was now experiencing due to the realization that he had completely failed at even his supposed successes even allowed him to sleep peacefully that night.

DeusFurore today at 01:01
DragonBorn knows what side he's on. Do you?

Lol
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-09 at 02:53
ha
Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-07 at 04:46
Alright, that's good. He was just the victim of a failed conquer, so they're probably suspicious. If they ask, we've never even talked. Since you've never been in Pandoras Box, they won't know we've been in touch
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-07 at 00:16
okay i contacted comak about joinng, he told me i have to wait 24 hours while they disscuss it
Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-07 at 00:03
Keep in touch throughout; we're particularly interested in whether they are panicked, uneasy, planning anything huge against us, etc. Any info would be put to good use.

Don't get too close to any of their members either, or you may find yourself not knowing which side you're on. I'll keep you safe as long as you're in FG for us.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-06 at 23:59
thank you, i will do my best

Yes, they had the upper hand alright...

And the first email from dragonborn I received that I forwarded to Tuna-head as well, to clue him into the fact that his 'inside spy" was never actually his spy at all.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-06 at 23:59
I am telling you this because i have no intention of helping that alliance. they kicked me out and accused me of being your spy just becuse i was in your alliance for a few days. they have made it 200% harder for me to play in this world. This is my revenge, do what ou want with this informaion.

Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-06 at 23:58
Excellent; see if you can't stir up some trouble sneakily. you will be admitted into Pandoras Box with open arms once they're on the decline.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-06 at 23:40
ill try to gt back in
Chicken.Of.The.Sea on 2012-04-05 at 00:10
FG is still kicking, but we have the upper-hand. How would you like to act as spy for us? could you get back into FG? You would be admitted into Pandoras Box as soon as the war ended, and our members would be informed to leave your city alone.
DragonBornDovahkiin on 2012-04-04 at 21:38
Has your conflict with FG ended yet? I have tried to join larger alliances but so far you guys are the largest that have even talked to me.

And the last Message which I sent to Tuna-Head right before the lights went dark...

DeusFurore today at 01:17
So,

In all seriousness, has it sunk in yet?

Not only did you fail with farmerthc, but you failed with every spy attempt you tried on us. The truth is, you just failed, and instead of trying a different tactic, like a smart leader would have, you doubled-down on your failure and made things worse.

Shadow didn't bring down pandoras. Ricky was no traitor. We havent brought you down, even if we conquer every last member that was ever in your alliance dude.

What brought down pandoras can be seen when you stare in a mirror. The blame, rests solely on you. And instead of being a man about it and just stepping down with some of your dignity intact, you message me and try to gloat about your supposed success infiltrating a spy into our midst, when we had him on our side from day ONE!

I mean seriously, me and my alliance are over hear bawling our eyes out from laughing too hard. This entire thing really is just the height of irony.

But do whatever you want, hatch whatever plots you want, because in the end, the only thing in this game that actually causes success is straight up fights. You never wanted that to happen I know, because you were never going to be able to challenge us. Hell dude, Ive had conquest on this server since 3 weeks ago, and so has HighOctaneX. We held back because we wanted to attack AS A TEAM. You know, what Pandoras Box could never hope to be.

This whole little 'war' between us has been nothing but professional on our part. All of the insider drama, and spy games, and disrespect has either been instigated by you, or your members. You wouldn't know the first thing about leadership, and I doubt you could lead a platoon of Lemmings across a flat road.

So seriously, just pack your bags, and find another game more to your speed.

May I suggest FarmVille?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

DeusFurore
War General
Forgotten Ghosts

DeletedUser

This concludes this PnP.

I hope everyone has enjoyed themselves, and learned a valuable lesson. As Samuel L Jackson said in the movie The Negotiator: "You are NOT in control here!"

:pro:

DeletedUser

Who the f*** ridicules someone for losing their limbs in service to their country. What a piece of s***. It put me in a bad mood for the rest of the thread. Good job Forgotten Ghosts on taking that trash out.

DeletedUser

ROFL nice work, well seems like we may end up with a fun community after all, Juktas forums are kinda quiet.

O44 hey, hrmm I'm just going to stay quiet like over here in O46 xD

DeletedUser

ROFL nice work, well seems like we may end up with a fun community after all, Juktas forums are kinda quiet.

O44 hey, hrmm I'm just going to stay quiet like over here in O46 xD

O46 huh? How's the real estate over there?
I'm looking for a nice summer cottage.