The 7 Greatest Moments of Delos

DeletedUser41523

Seeing as how the world is in the twilight of its activity I felt it might be appropriate to start this thread. Here are the greatest moments that shaped the world into what it is today from what I've seen.

1. LD/ER Merger- Without this I would guess that both alliances would be sub top 5 from inactivity by now. The merger put fresh players back in the line up and gave both alliances a late game boost.

2. Jason's MRA Coalition- The coalition itself imploded and lasted less than a month leaving only Myrmidons and some random alliances to fend off their enemies. But because of the fact that this was attempted we saw a need to unite the core against the threat of 2000+ players surrounding us. Had this not happened things would have played out way differently than they did.

3. Delos Imperium- Brought a challenge to an otherwise weak eastern front. Until then it was just Myrmidons waiting to be slaughtered like sheep.

4. Deathwish Bails on Lacking Diplomacy- Who is Deathwish? He was the founder of Lacking Diplomacy however he took off before BP ended. This caused a minor exodus of players to ER and nearly crumbled Lacking Diplomacy before it really ever got going had it not been for some quick thinking leaders. Why is this important? This shaped the entire world as we know it. Had Deathwish stayed then LD would have more than likely stayed true to its name and not made a pact. Because of what was happening and the turmoil losing the only founder in BP caused we had to quickly act to save the alliance. That involved throwing out the no diplomacy policy. Fun Fact: Lacking Diplomacy had no founder until DW ghosted in November or December.

5. Mike62 Takes Ill- No Mike getting sick wasn't a great moment. However the events that followed certainly were as they nearly toppled Exiled Renegades and completely changed the north. Just ask some of the guys about Sassy Thang and the revolt she led on Chilliwacker. This nearly toppled ER at one point as their top players either left for Sassy's alliance or for LD. Revolt ended when Annabell quit for Helorus and took most of the alliance with her. Returning the current #1 player Unshapedchimpeus and the remaining squad to ER eventually and resulting Sassy being rimmed. They also brought Aurora's loyalty into question and would help to get us here today.

6. Hellfire & Aurora vs LD- This is perhaps the most underrated event in Delos. Until this point LD and Aurora had been pacted and trying to work together. Though LD knew by then of an impending attack by Aurora we couldn't act with Hellfire on our heels and still were seeking to resolve our differences anyways. When we did something about Hellfire our retribution came quick and the war was over in an op or two I believe when we rimmed their leader. Some key things happened here. First we ended up with a multitude of strong players who would play a huge role in our wars in the future. Second we discovered that Hellfire was actually allied with Aurora and that Aurora was waiting to deal the killing blows once Hellfire got going. Because of this we rallied our allies against Aurora and began perhaps the most important war in the server.

7. Manowar and League of Warriors- Brought some legitimate power to the west. More by the hands of League of Warriors than Manowar but I guess both deserve credit.

DeletedUser29066

OK, I agree that all these moments were important to some degree, although I have a slightly differewnt take on things.

1. Mostly agree, although from what I've been able to determine almost every alliance has suffered from inactivity, so although I concede that separately ER and LD would be smaller I'm thinking we would still be top 5, although just barely.

2. Agree wholeheartedly

3. Somewhat agree, and might have been a bigger threat had some of their old leadership stayed, but now not nearly as aggressive as their early growth might have indicated.

4. Ah, Deathwish! All the what if's, the many different ways that could have played out. All in all, I think we did pretty well considering.

5. Mike's illness and prolonged absence absolutely affected how things played out with ER and RGW, and also LD .. the whole thing with Sassy provided a ton of drama and sure made things interesting. In a way I think it helped make the bonds between LD and ER even stronger.

6. I agree (mostly), but I always felt Hellfire was overrated

7. Mostly true, but their main enemy Slightly Mean collapsed too easily and by absorbing most of them Manowar gave themselves extra life and greater importance than they might have had otherwise.

and I'll add another more recent event, although I won't eleborate ..

8. The failed merger of ExLD and Centauri League and the growth of CL to be the second largest alliance in Delos.

DeletedUser33548

SM did not collapse they were approached by the True king Leonidas and after long discussion a merge was agreed, this resulted in ER and LOW along with the rest of their friendly alliances declaring War against Manowar.

DeletedUser29066

SM did not collapse they were approached by the True king Leonidas and after long discussion a merge was agreed, this resulted in ER and LOW along with the rest of their friendly alliances declaring War against Manowar.

Interesting. I was led to believe that SM approached MOW. I was also approached by SM about LD taking in some SM players (not a full merger) but we declined. Yes, the merger with MOW was the primary reason for the war declaration, but had one or two players on either side learned to keep their fat mouths shut it might have yet been averted. All water under the bridge however.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40827

ya, when MoW started growing big LD thought we were a threat and Jiggerhead started attacking us. Then we started attacking back and then all of LD started attacking. We were beating LD by a lot and LD had to drag in ER when LD couldn't take it. But then even with ER attacking MoW LD continued to lose cities until they merged with each other. Which then made LoW change sides because they didn't want to fight LD.

Whats more, suddenly during these wars our players left us. Novrod went inactive, trevor 1340 was poached by ExLD, Martynsack left for LD, and Dreadnowt, Gusonumbus, Matuh and gus were poached by LoW

And furneaux the part about SM is kinda true. MoW were attacking you guys every day and I joined MOW 2 months before the merge happened and during those two months before the merge there wasn't a single attack from SM on MoW.

DeletedUser29066

ya, when MoW started growing big LD thought we were a threat and Jiggerhead started attacking us. Then we started attacking back and then all of LD started attacking. We were beating LD by a lot and LD had to drag in ER when LD couldn't take it. But then even with ER attacking MoW LD continued to lose cities until they merged with each other. Which then made LoW change sides because they didn't want to fight LD.

A little revisionist history, eh? Jiggerhead only attacked once MOW took in SM players he had long been fighting. If he had attacked before that I would have heard about from Leonidas, because we tried to keep things civil between us. As for MOW beating LD, I don't think so. You did a great job taking our inactives, but you couldn't conquer active players. I myself took one from an active MOW player the first day of the war, even though MOW threw everything they could at my siege. Never seen so many Mantis and Harpies die in one place before. Remind me some day to tell you just how close you guys came to breaking that one .. lol. That then prompted Maverick to order that all-out alliance wide attack on me a few days later, in order to "unnerve" me. Yawn. I'd like to see him try that again!

Whats more, suddenly during these wars our players left us. Novrod went inactive, trevor 1340 was poached by ExLD, Martynsack left for LD, and Dreadnowt, Gusonumbus, Matuh and gus were poached by LoW

That part I can sympathize with. LD also lost a lot of players, like Fenton, Creghan, InglriousB, Hell73, Lyrick, Grewindow, and others. The large number of inactive players was really the primary reason LD decided to merge with ER when we did. The loss of Creghan especially hurt because he had so many cities. Also, several of the players who left had been leaders, and merging helped us by unifying our leadership structure and kept more of the inactive player's cities in friendly hands and away from MOW.

DeletedUser

....and then......... all of LD started attacking. We were beating LD by a lot and LD had to drag in ER when LD couldn't take it.
.....trevor 1340 was poached by ExLD....

You attacked LD alright..... started taking our inactives. Of course we were going to get upset and attack back. What did you expect? An apology in hopes of keeping peace?!?!?! :p

"We were beating LD by a lot"........ sure.... the stats back you up on every point. NOT
Sure, maybe you were beating our inactives, but MoW hasn't shown the guts to take a city from an active LD player for months. Cowards.....

I'll remind you who called yourself a bad player several weeks ago... yes, you guessed it. Little old me.
Why? Do I need a reason when I can take a city from you at any time I want to?? LOL

Oh, and you can blame trevor being poached over to ExLD on me as well. So I guess you have a lot to thank me fore, right???

:D

DeletedUser40827

Remind me some day to tell you just how close you guys came to breaking that one .. lol.

lol I remember that one, there was like 9 DLu's left with the CS and then more support came.

And maciver you are not going to get a spy through to my city lol
Going to post my cave for you a few days later when your spies fail :D

DeletedUser

lol I remember that one, there was like 9 DLu's left with the CS and then more support came.

And maciver you are not going to get a spy through to my city lol
Going to post my cave for you a few days later when your spies fail :D

So I'm not going to get one...... LOLOLOL

Karakorum - Spy Report - 10.15.13.JPG

Ooops........ looks like you lied. :p

DeletedUser

And Swords, if you don't think I can't crack your cave, your wrong...... you must remember that I have 45 cities, some of which have upwards of 600,000 silver in them. So to think that I can't break one of your caves is ridiculous. I could break all of your caves if I felt like it. If you were wise, you would just stop restocking it and save your silver for something else. Just a suggestion...

DeletedUser40827

One of my caves in another city :D
Just reached 1million silver yesterday :D

DeletedUser

Oh.. what also gives it away in the picture I'm referring to is the amount of silver he has available to store in the cave. 27,000?? Thats only possible when you have the Pyramid WW built. So even if it wasn't Fordham that he was spying on, it definitely wasn't from here.

DeletedUser40827

no just trying to pisse you off, not trying to look impressive.
What the hell how'dyou get into the photobucket thing.
a....now I see