Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I personally think it is impossible, and he cheated

1. His first city is DOUBLE what anyone else has in points
2. It takes a long time to build your academy to 28 and your harbor to 20.
3. It takes 2 days to launch a colony ship and get your city
4. Even gold doesn't help THAT much

1. An entirely irrelevant observation. Points come from buildings, which are a necessary part of reaching the conquest stage.
2. Time is also irrelevant. It costs a minimal sum of money to speed construction of buildings up to just minutes.
3. Pretty much a repeat of #2, "not enough time/couldn't do it in time/etc". Time is, again, irrelevant for gold-users.
4. Yes, it does. With gold you can increase construction/recruitment speed to the bare minimum. You can increase resource production/troop strength with premium options. You can, with a harbour in your city, have [near-]infinite resources.

It's not in any way impossible. It is, in fact, perfectly possible. The only thing remaining to be debated is whether or not he has cheated to A) farm/build/train without human input (use of bots to do these things for him) or B) acquire silly amounts of gold (presumably by multi-accounting, botting surveys, etc).

DeletedUser18636

I had to comment here,

Guys do you really think Inno wouldn't BAN him by this point if he cheated???

I mean common the guy got more attention, than Britney when she shaved her head!
Accusing people of cheating without proof is dumb, claiming it is "impossible" holly molly... take a deep breath and then think...
Who made it possible, him or Inno => If inno made it possible for people to raise buildings that others raise in 18hours for only 10-30 minutes... or building 100-500 slings in less then an hour??
I personally was against speed ups... BECAUSE this makes a game impossible for players
I once a year buy gold for 20-30bucks... just to get captain/administrator occasional commander.
It doesn't bother me, but seeing people building their walls to 25lvl (In revolt worlds) within 10 hours... after few clearings...
This will bring grepo down... if they are not going to take this feature away... many will quit
I think it is wrong to allow people to build something up in a day that others spend weeks to raise.

=> And there should be a limit for merchant!!! These are really examples of gold abuse, but not cheating!!! It is not his fault that he takes advantage of the system... it is inno's fault who has made this system.
On upsilon for instance, YOU CANNOT SPEED UP TROOPS! (Thanks for that at least)

=> There is no strategy against the gold when they can build up 100 ls (#2 guy on the server has built 100 ls in less then 1 day) this early in the game. There is no strategy against the wall lvl 25 being raised in less then 12 hours.
There is no strategy against 500 -1000 swords being recruited in less then a day...
There is no strategy against that... and that's Innos fault... they are greedy... but forgot that by ruining the game for 95% of people => They are chopping the golden branch their sitting on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24323

There is no strategy against that... and that's Innos fault... they are greedy... but forgot that by ruining the game for 95% of people => They are chopping the golden branch their sitting on!!!
Ony two words I can say to this comment

:Angry: I Agree :Angry:

DeletedUser

+rep to RomeFather
I wish he were heard by someone who can actually influence this sort of things.

DeletedUser

grab your pitchforks and torches! we're heading to innogames HQ

DeletedUser

Yes, it's entirely the fault of Innogames, a company that needs to make money to continue to operate, that they include options designed to make money in their games.

</sarcasm>

The fact is, Innogames don't just make games for the players to have fun, they also make games to make money. The premium options available within the game are perfectly reasonable, especially compared to other games (for example, games that allow you to purchase additional resources, games that allow you 'insta' bonuses, etc). No matter how reasonable it is, though, people always complain.

Complaining when other people spend money on a game and are, as a result, better than you, is like complaining when someone else has more food than you because they went to the shop and bought it while you stood in the corner eating the free taster sample things.

DeletedUser

Complaining when other people spend money on a game and are, as a result, better than you, is like complaining when someone else has more food than you because they went to the shop and bought it while you stood in the corner eating the free taster sample things.

That is quiet possibly the worst analogy ever

The fact is, Innogames don't just make games for the players to have fun, they also make games to make money. The premium options available within the game are perfectly reasonable, especially compared to other games (for example, games that allow you to purchase additional resources, games that allow you 'insta' bonuses, etc). No matter how reasonable it is, though, people always complain.

Innogames is a company, they need to make money, you are correct about that. The fact that they allow people to cut down on building times by like 95% needs to change. They have just as much of an obligation to the players who don't pay, as they do to the ones who do pay. There is nothing wrong with the gold feature itself, it just needs some tune-ups to make it " fairer ".

The majority of players don't pay for gold, but we are just as necessary as the ones who do pay. Who wants to pay for a game when theres no one playing it. If innogames keeps letting this gold feature get out of hand, this is where it'll head. There will be some other game that comes out, provides a better service than innogames and doesn't let its players exploit the system, when that happens innogames will lose players and money. They need to think long term here. There is also no sign that they are stopping with this gold feature, was it not two or three months ago that they introduced the " gold to cut requirement times " feature. At this rate, the next step will be flat outright letting people buy resources.

DeletedUser24323

*facepalm*
The gesture is found in many cultures as a display of frustration, embarrassment, shock, or surprise
Innogames is a company, they need to make money, you are correct about that. The fact that they allow people to cut down on building times by like 95% needs to change. At this rate, the next step will be flat outright letting people buy resources.
Is it time to find an alternative to play???

DeletedUser

That is quiet possibly the worst analogy ever

Innogames is a company, they need to make money, you are correct about that. The fact that they allow people to cut down on building times by like 95% needs to change. They have just as much of an obligation to the players who don't pay, as they do to the ones who do pay. There is nothing wrong with the gold feature itself, it just needs some tune-ups to make it " fairer ".

The majority of players don't pay for gold, but we are just as necessary as the ones who do pay. Who wants to pay for a game when theres no one playing it. If innogames keeps letting this gold feature get out of hand, this is where it'll head. There will be some other game that comes out, provides a better service than innogames and doesn't let its players exploit the system, when that happens innogames will lose players and money. They need to think long term here. There is also no sign that they are stopping with this gold feature, was it not two or three months ago that they introduced the " gold to cut requirement times " feature. At this rate, the next step will be flat outright letting people buy resources.

As I said, it's a perfectly reasonable function of the game. Rather than, as some games do, allowing you to instantly complete a certain construction task or recruitment task they allow you to halve construction/recruitment time. I'll admit, I don't understand why people complain about it. These days it is so easy to get gold for free (surveys, offers, videos, etc), it's pretty much your own fault if you don't have the gold to do it. And you're wrong, in a way. There's nothing that states that Innogames must give their free players as many benefits as those who pay (and if there is, point me to it). Innogames have no obligation at all to the players who play this game for free. If you play the game for free, you put nothing into it and get plenty out of it. It is the paying players who should have a greater level of support from Innogames, because they are the ones contributing to the development and upkeep of this game.

Frankly, if you don't like a feature of the game, you have two options:

1) Suggest a better way to do it. There's an "Ideas" section for a reason.
2) Go find another game to play.

Do you know what you'll achieve by posting on the forum and complaining that the game is "unfair"? Absolutely nothing, that's what.

DeletedUser15240

Ok, all, please remember this is a discussion about how a player managed to grow so quickly, and not an Inno hate thread. Whilst you may be angry that 1 player is getting ahead easily, please remember its not a sustainable style of play, which I expect will level out soon. At the end of the day you could do the exact same. Would you? I expect not, as you don't want to spend a lot of money on a game. He's spending his money on this, or if he doing it by earning gold, he'll run out soon.

I let this thread continue as so on the basis it hasn't becoming too hated. Please play nice on the forum kiddies, and don't take your anger out on inno, take it out on each other ingame ;).

Your friendly mod
curly

DeletedUser

I wonderd when I'd see a mod in this thread ,

I guess he could say he was just checking that you were still all alive :p

DeletedUser

As I said, it's a perfectly reasonable function of the game. Rather than, as some games do, allowing you to instantly complete a certain construction task or recruitment task they allow you to halve construction/recruitment time. I'll admit, I don't understand why people complain about it.

How can you not understand why people complain about it? Its not fair, pretty straight forward anti it? If someone with a fat wallet can buy their way to the top, then it isn't really fair.

These days it is so easy to get gold for free (surveys, offers, videos, etc), it's pretty much your own fault if you don't have the gold to do it.

I have and use gold, but i don't rely on it to make a better player. There's a huge difference between me, who uses gold at a modest rate, and then someone who spends their entire pay check on gold for a game.

And you're wrong, in a way. There's nothing that states that Innogames must give their free players as many benefits as those who pay (and if there is, point me to it). Innogames have no obligation at all to the players who play this game for free.

I never said innogames has to give free players as many benefits as those who pay, i said innogames has an obligation to provide a service which is free from exploitation. In reality they really don't have that obligation, but if they'd like to continue to make money off of browser games they should make it their obligation.

If you play the game for free, you put nothing into it and get plenty out of it. It is the paying players who should have a greater level of support from Innogames, because they are the ones contributing to the development and upkeep of this game.

What the heck are you talking about? People who don't pay put as much into the game as anyone else. Money doesn't equal a good game. Its the trail and error process, you need a player base to test what works and what doesn't work. If it was just the people who paid that got to play this game, you'd have a tone of empty worlds, and a whole lot of money.

Do you know what you'll achieve by posting on the forum and complaining that the game is "unfair"? Absolutely nothing, that's what.

You are correct, i am achieving nothing, but that doesn't mean i'm just going to shut up about it. These things need to be said

Don't get me wrong, i don't hate innogames. I play and enjoy many of their browser games, i just disagree with their one policy on gold, and it really " grinds my gears "

DeletedUser

How can you not understand why people complain about it? Its not fair, pretty straight forward anti it? If someone with a fat wallet can buy their way to the top, then it isn't really fair.

I have and use gold, but i don't rely on it to make a better player. There's a huge difference between me, who uses gold at a modest rate, and then someone who spends their entire pay check on gold for a game.

I never said innogames has to give free players as many benefits as those who pay, i said innogames has an obligation to provide a service which is free from exploitation. In reality they really don't have that obligation, but if they'd like to continue to make money off of browser games they should make it their obligation.

What the heck are you talking about? People who don't pay put as much into the game as anyone else. Money doesn't equal a good game. Its the trail and error process, you need a player base to test what works and what doesn't work. If it was just the people who paid that got to play this game, you'd have a tone of empty worlds, and a whole lot of money.

You are correct, i am achieving nothing, but that doesn't mean i'm just going to shut up about it. These things need to be said

Don't get me wrong, i don't hate innogames. I play and enjoy many of their browser games, i just disagree with their one policy on gold, and it really " grinds my gears "

Your use of the term 'fair' makes me laugh. Are game developers really supposed to give a damn whether their game is 'fair'? Is it really so 'unfair' that the people willing to pay can be better than the ones who aren't? Don't use such a silly word, please. The concept of 'fairness' has nothing to do with it. I refer you to my previous point that Innogames have no obligation towards anyone, but they need to make money. Whether or not the game is fair is just completely irrelevant.

I never said money makes a good game, but money pays the server costs, pays the salaries of any staff on Innogames' payroll, money pays for the game to exist. Without money, the game would not be here. Without the players who spend lots of money to play, the game may very well not be here. However, without the players who play the game for free (and then come to the forum to complain that it's "not fair"), the game would very likely still be here. If you ask me, the game would be better with only paying players, but that's another matter entirely.

This thread has come entirely off-topic from the initial discussion of the "impossibility" of Caesareth's growth, so let's just leave it here before people start getting infracted, and the thread is locked.

DeletedUser15240

well said corinthian, please keep it cool everyone, before I start to take action

DeletedUser

Wow. The guy using the gold has started something bad here lol. Maybe peepz should stop complaining because gold doesnt make you a better player. It just excels the results so he would of conquered someone in a week or so more. I prefer he conquers early because the city's low points. I dont know why your all complaining its not as if he bought a city.

DeletedUser

just to get something straight (because I am not a gold user)
IF i were to half the building time in the senate for 20 gold, can I then do that again (thus making it 25% original time) and again (12.5% originial) etc etc until it will be built in seconds?

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.