Make a competitive international world that is compelling.

Mythhy

Hekatontarch
The playerbase of the game is getting smaller and smaller while competitive worlds are few and far between, as nowadays teams with 5-6 good frontliners can dominate worlds.

While closing local worlds might be a too radical idea, both financially and player base wise, I would like to suggest the creation of a competitive/possibly tournament type world. Now ideally a world like that would have custom rules, additional mod attention and rewards with the right amount of effort. However I know such a world wouldn't be worth it for Inno or be plausable.

So thats why I would just suggest the following that i think is pretty reasonable:
Make the world international, and announce that it is. No night bonus.
Make the world fast with no moral, this is supposed to be for the best of the best, not for players that need moral to survive i also don't know any top players that prefer worlds that are slower than 4x.
Make it compelling to play there with some kind of reward that also promotes no hugging or sister alliances. For example offer 10-15k gold for each player in the winning team, or in the top 3 (or whatever you think is high enough to get players motivated but not high enough for them to cheat for it)
Make some hype around it, send out emails beforehand, ingame messages, possibly spend a bit on marketing to reach your old and new players. Announce it as a grepolis championship, for the best of the best. make it about pride, representing your national server with a team. Offer extra pride for winning it, like a special place on the website, or special rewards (icons, crowns, profile borders) that show you won a world like this. Send the last national world winners specific invites, asking them to prove themselves on a higher level. Things like that, I am sure the player base and inno can come up with things that are motivating players to leave their comfort local worlds to play this one.
Make the world even more special and faster with a 3 city start and artifacts that are only given on special worlds.
Announce the world months in advance and do not launch a world with similar settings on any servers for 3-6 months, so that players don't have to choose between this world or a local similar one. (aka if it's a fast revolt world, do not make a fast CQ or a revolt world of any speed and vica versa)

Might edit this post with more ideas, but i think a world like this is doable and while it requires a bit of effort and sacrefice on Inno's part, i think a world like this would receive the hype and playerbase we are all looking for.

LOL. The player base for this game will never return to what it once was and it doesn't matter how many emails you send out. Nobody has the time or desire to want to respond to constant night ping attacks. Most (normal) people have college, jobs, kids, etc. Find a game that doesn't take up so much of your time like Grepolis does, you will thank yourself for doing so

Mythhy

Hekatontarch
No one said it would return to the old numbers and no one is saying you should play a competitive world with a job and kids. But a world like this would be a nice change of dynamic for those that are looking for this type of gameplay.

OPYUS

Phrourach
I'd come back for a world like that, and know more than a few good players that would be excited to play it

diomedes666

Hekatontarch
Have to echo what has been said, if you have any kind of life, this style of server would be out.

I like it as an option for those who want it, but how long b4 it follows the same pattern of diminishing player base as all of the other servers.

It's masking symptoms rather than curing the illness.

How to fix it? That's the tough bit.

I don't know if introducing AI spawning players is an answer - so the server fills out? Some passive some active? Atm with servers so small it is impossible to regroup as an alliance without colonization, which is stupidly time consuming. Give new players a chance to learn against ai rather than some kind of gold driven megalodon

The app needs replacing or a complete overhaul, it's shocking that the first impression a new player could get of the game is a garbage app.

I hope to enjoy grepo again one day, but it's way to broken right now.

Your Moms Hero

Lochagos
A world with the top of the top would be amazing. maybe add one day off a week that would give people a resting brake. make it a shorter end game so players don't get burned out.

Malbeck.

Hoplite
In the past, the BR21 server, just to give you an idea, was extremely competitive and had approximately around 600 active and serious players. Nowadays, there are only 1 or 2 alliances trying to create competition where there isn't any.

In my opinion, the issue lies in slow and demotivating configurations. I migrated to the US server a while ago and noticed that not much changes, except for the attitude of the players, which I found more appealing.

MartinusV

Hipparchus
The playerbase of the game is getting smaller and smaller while competitive worlds are few and far between, as nowadays teams with 5-6 good frontliners can dominate worlds.

While closing local worlds might be a too radical idea, both financially and player base wise, I would like to suggest the creation of a competitive/possibly tournament type world. Now ideally a world like that would have custom rules, additional mod attention and rewards with the right amount of effort. However I know such a world wouldn't be worth it for Inno or be plausable.

So thats why I would just suggest the following that i think is pretty reasonable:
Make the world international, and announce that it is. No night bonus.
Make the world fast with no moral, this is supposed to be for the best of the best, not for players that need moral to survive i also don't know any top players that prefer worlds that are slower than 4x.
Make it compelling to play there with some kind of reward that also promotes no hugging or sister alliances. For example offer 10-15k gold for each player in the winning team, or in the top 3 (or whatever you think is high enough to get players motivated but not high enough for them to cheat for it)
Make some hype around it, send out emails beforehand, ingame messages, possibly spend a bit on marketing to reach your old and new players. Announce it as a grepolis championship, for the best of the best. make it about pride, representing your national server with a team. Offer extra pride for winning it, like a special place on the website, or special rewards (icons, crowns, profile borders) that show you won a world like this. Send the last national world winners specific invites, asking them to prove themselves on a higher level. Things like that, I am sure the player base and inno can come up with things that are motivating players to leave their comfort local worlds to play this one.
Make the world even more special and faster with a 3 city start and artifacts that are only given on special worlds.
Announce the world months in advance and do not launch a world with similar settings on any servers for 3-6 months, so that players don't have to choose between this world or a local similar one. (aka if it's a fast revolt world, do not make a fast CQ or a revolt world of any speed and vica versa)

Might edit this post with more ideas, but i think a world like this is doable and while it requires a bit of effort and sacrefice on Inno's part, i think a world like this would receive the hype and playerbase we are all looking for.
The game is only pay to win and the devs are only interested in keeping these big spenders happy or they have no business. As a result others now need to cheat with bots, screen sharing and underhand spamming tactics. So now many other players have to resort to the same tactics just to compete. For this game to progress it actually has to go backwards 10 years to the days before Apps and Instant Build crap. These worlds were far better as the players had to actually play smart and have a plan for when they were at work for 10 hours or so. Gotta be better for peoples mental health if they cannot play the game until they get back home/school etc.... The game was balanced nicely with an advantage to the defender, the game play of most people isn't set to defend against multiple full stacks attacking you every few minutes. Ridiculous!