Announcement Name that Pixel! - Winners & Feedback!

• Thread starter DeletedUser19042
  • Start date

DeletedUser19042

Before I stopped playing, my only one problem with the setup was that the hints would often ruin the round. For example, for players who had spent time thinking about what the icon could be and guessing, albeit wrong, another player could hop in having seen the hint, given at a time when the earlier players were not online, and take the points. In other words, the hints often made each image too easy to guess.

Saying that, I often found some of the images to be too difficult to guess without a hint - so I'm not sure whether anything can be done about this.

Also, Jor, you weren't active enough to keep responding to everyone's guesses 24/7. ;)

lol, not active enough? :heh:

I'll work better on images and hints in the future. Thanks. :D

I think the game went really well, I enjoyed watching people get frustrated and annoyed trying to guess some obvious pictures. Surprisingly though, I don't understand why so many people signed up for this game yet very few people actually played. I expected them to participate more, but I suppose many people saw the awards were not worth the hassle. I imagine though that this game's pure intention is to make the forum more active, and the gold was just an incentive.

So, thank you Jorisva1, for making the forums more lively, as it has been pretty much deadly silent recently *clap clap*.
My pleasure. :)

i enjoyed it, im just not very active on the forum, but i still managed to get 5 correct (i think) so im guessing they wernt too hard :p

You did great. ;)

DeletedUser23986

A very nice competition in the end, though i found some images really hard.

DeletedUser33297

Nice job Joris and everybody who participated, looked like a funny competition.

DeletedUser42043

The winners

On first place, [USER]SamuraiDragon[/USER], with 11 points. He will receive 200 gold credited to an account of his choice!

On second place, [USER]Mattr130[/USER], with 9 points. He will receive 100 gold credited to an account of his choice!

Congratulations!

Congrats, Ash! .. and Mattr130 :D

It's funny cuz I knew I couldn't win this thing.. I'm just not that good with these images.
Nevertheless, I tried to win at least one image. ONE image! I thought I came close sometimes, but I could never get it lol

and you guys got 11 and 9 pictures! :eek:

Crazy performance, guys. Again, congratulations!

As for the feedback:

Though I wasn't able to participate too much, I did enjoy seeing all the activity and people online for the past few days.
It definitely was entertaining, and very challenging as well (or I'm just really bad at guessing games, since some ppl do not seem to share my problem :p )

thanks for organizing this, Jorisva :D

(dip)Jizza(dip)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

^. Did forget to thank you for the comp Jorisva. It was fun and your exasperation over our failure to guess pics even with your clues was quite funny.

DeletedUser19042

^. Did forget to thank you for the comp Jorisva. It was fun and your exasperation over our failure to guess pics even with your clues was quite funny.

hahaha. Yea. :D
Will try to make it a little easier next time.

This was just my second, and the one I held in Edessa was too easy. :(

DeletedUser

Personally, i thought it was ace. I was able to be online for a reasonable amount of time and even got a few correct. It was cool to see how many people did give it a go in the end and i certainly doff my cap to Joris for implementing and modding it.

I think the points raised so far (overall timing, making it as fair as possible for users in all time zones; as well as hints) are spot on and could easily be incorporated into a future comp.