So, what's really happening in Paros?

DeletedUser

read up again... did I say you poached out players? why are you being defensive against something I didn't accuse you of :p does it indicate something :D

I told moreboost the other day... and I'll say it again. When the pact was made, our expansion in 54 and your expansion in 45 was prohibited. Some exceptions... 1-2 players, or a few conquests would have been okay. But the spirit was, to respect each other's core... recruiting players to the extent that you shoot up from a handful of cities in ocean 45 to more than 150 was definitely not in the spirit...

right, no hard feelings. I was just letting the outsiders know the reasons... just taking the step we think is right.
I cannot go "defensive" against your statements simply because I'm not part of the leadership of my alliance, thus I don't have full information on agreements, negotiations, who sent what message to whom, etc... I try to distance myself from the alliance I play with while I'm posting here.

Saying that we have invited "freelancers" (that used to be in Venom) that have bunch of cities in o45 is the main reason for cancellation of the pact is a little bogus. You should know that we are fighting a common enemy - Black Legion, such action does show that your commitment is elsewhere. If you were really committed on bringing BL down I'm sure you would approach the situation otherwise - e.g. trading off cities between o55 and o45, slowly moving Truculence' cities off from o45. Hell you should be pretty clear that these cities were the perfect base for serious assault on Legion's territory.

We all know (or should know) that Grepolis is a game of nerves and politics. The most active alliance wins the round, not the necessary the best one. I do understand that it is difficult task to be an attractive alliance if you have bad reputation due to cancellation of pacts, bad diplomacy or other reasons (I do not imply that this is the current state of Venom). And you need to be an attractive alliance in order to bring active members and maintaining high internal morale.

Just don't try to convince anyone that this is anything but doing Black Legion a favor. I'm betting that, right now you have a NAP or a pact against Truculence. As for the RO/Victories situation - I cannot address this statement directly. However if I remember correctly this was not really a problem while we were having a NAP with Black Legion - my best guess is that it wasn't an issue because you were sure that sooner or later either we or them will go to war with the other.

As I said before I have no bad feeling neither for you nor for Venom.

DeletedUser41456

i think if roles were reversed....and Tru had 150 cities in o54 go to another alliance......we would probably have the same outcome...i was surprised when i saw NSS merging into TRU...just another hectic month of grepo lol.

DeletedUser39031

i think if roles were reversed....and Tru had 150 cities in o54 go to another alliance......we would probably have the same outcome...i was surprised when i saw NSS merging into TRU...just another hectic month of grepo lol.
I agree, this world is not full of defensive alliances, more passive aggressive if you ask me.

DeletedUser

well guys let us say that the boring days are over and both sides will have some good fighters so expecting a good and frequent fight soon...
On the note no one has done anything wrong. just the policies has changed.. NSS split from venom.. venom sizes reduces considerably.. merged with truce .. their size increases many fold... venom wants to win the server(I hope you dont think that is bad). truce wants to win the server(we also consider it righteous). BL want to win(they are right too).. so if u all agree all want to win. which is good spirit.. Venom had a NAP with truce and Venom broke it going to every BIT of rules that are written in the so called "Rule books of Grepo".. No backstabbing, gave sufficient time for both parties..

So i hope there is no hard feelings among us... so let us fight good in the battle field..

over and out...

DeletedUser15581

Acropix, yea even what I say here is my personal viewpoint. 100% of Venom may not stand with what I say... but yea I exist in the council so I had a say in this change of diplomacy.

Saying that we have invited "freelancers" (that used to be in Venom) that have bunch of cities in o45 is the main reason for cancellation of the pact is a little bogus. You should know that we are fighting a common enemy - Black Legion, such action does show that your commitment is elsewhere. If you were really committed on bringing BL down I'm sure you would approach the situation otherwise - e.g. trading off cities between o55 and o45, slowly moving Truculence' cities off from o45. Hell you should be pretty clear that these cities were the perfect base for serious assault on Legion's territory.

you got it right in that part... and I am not ashamed of it. Yes my sole motive of playing here was not killing BL. I do care more about having some core for the alliance, Truculence disrupted it more than BL did. BL kept attacking and took a few cities in 45. But Truculence... wow, in 1 shot you are present more in 45 than any other alliance has been. smashin made a good point there... if we suddenly had 150 cities in 54, you would have also forgotten fighting BL and turned your direction of fire.

We all know (or should know) that Grepolis is a game of nerves and politics. The most active alliance wins the round, not the necessary the best one. I do understand that it is difficult task to be an attractive alliance if you have bad reputation due to cancellation of pacts, bad diplomacy or other reasons (I do not imply that this is the current state of Venom). And you need to be an attractive alliance in order to bring active members and maintaining high internal morale.

Bah, before we took this step, we had a CONSENSUS, and not just a majority in our council. Everyone was furious at what you guys did. So don't worry about internal morale... it is at an all time high after what is happening in game in the last 24 hours.

I guess Truculence is the one that needs to worry about reputation... you guys cancelled the pact in spirit by intruding our core in a big manner, before we clicked the button. It is like Alliance "A" attacks another green marked Alliance "B", takes a few cities from B, then B cancels the pact and you blame B for cancelling the pact? utter nonsense :D

DeletedUser38128

I think Venom is right in this case .. The least that Truc should have done is ask them is it ok to recruit their ex - members .. Specially because some of that players gained a lot from Venom and now they are taking it elsewhere .. I have a few friends on both sides (NSS and V2) and I think its totally justified to feel backstabbed , and yes Venom did had some internal affairs but that should been solved in other ways , even creating NSS was a tolerant move , but joining Truc without asking anyone for an opinion wasnt .

DeletedUser39031

I think Venom is right in this case .. The least that Truc should have done is ask them is it ok to recruit their ex - members .. Specially because some of that players gained a lot from Venom and now they are taking it elsewhere .. I have a few friends on both sides (NSS and V2) and I think its totally justified to feel backstabbed , and yes Venom did had some internal affairs but that should been solved in other ways , even creating NSS was a tolerant move , but joining Truc without asking anyone for an opinion wasnt .
NSS were not a part of Venom they were there own alliance, they shouldn't have to ask permission. Either way V2 and Truc were pacted and co-operating, it's not as if they gave there cities to an enemy. As I say below, V2 didn't ask Tru if they could recruit our ex members, because they're ex members.
I guess Truculence is the one that needs to worry about reputation... you guys cancelled the pact in spirit by intruding our core in a big manner, before we clicked the button. It is like Alliance "A" attacks another green marked Alliance "B", takes a few cities from B, then B cancels the pact and you blame B for cancelling the pact? utter nonsense :D
I don't understand how recruiting members of value is like taking active cities unwillingly off an ally. If I recall, V2 also recruited players that were ex-Truculence in our core of 54 as well? I can name a few of the players now if you like? irishcrazy and that alliance, which did the exact same as NSS members chose too. I think this is a slight double standard here.

I don't think we need to worry about our reputation, we have not broken a pact (NAPs don't count), and in a situation like this, our leaders would of approached V2 rather than jump to conclusions about a conspiracy theory "invasion" of 45.

DeletedUser15581

2 guys I think. on both occasions, due permissions were taken. Your leadership didn't have a problem... probably because a few cities don't matter. 150 do.

and anyway, there are good reasons for us to believe you caused the split... and the so called "other alliance" was created just to make it look legit so you could put up this defense of recruiting "ex-members" and not poaching of players. yea, alright... I won't say it, because you will refute it (or you genuinely don't know what your top guys did)

DeletedUser8345

venom may have a genuine reason to break the NAP or pact or whatever but the timing was wrong
venom and tru both had a common enemy that was black legion so they could have continued their teamwork to being down black legion and then venom could have dissolved the pact

DeletedUser38128

venom may have a genuine reason to break the NAP or pact or whatever but the timing was wrong
venom and tru both had a common enemy that was black legion so they could have continued their teamwork to being down black legion and then venom could have dissolved the pact

I think its better this way , at least their are being honest . And BL got the best of this , and they dindt do a thing . You gotta give these guys / gals respect . :)

DeletedUser41456

Whether there was a "hidden agenda" ...(on both sides for that matter when it comes to bl/tru)...the split of NSS came at a bad time when we were fighting BL...they chose their path...decided to stir up the pot....and merged into another alliance..less than a week after they made NSS...if the object was to bring down BL...THEN ..keep the status quo and don't split off when things are going well at the time ( diplomacy with Tru (pact had finally come, making it v2's biggest ally) and gaining some control back in 55).....i think it was not smart timing and our leadership is obviously not too happy to have our core go from mostly blue to 30% green/red.

No alliance would be happy with that..unless you had a per-existing agreement that both alliances would merge at the end for WW, which is obviously not the case here.....but people make their choices...i don't think anyone is wrong here either...TRU picked up a lot of strong players in the deal..but obviously made an enemy ...

You would think NSS/Foofies would have better timing with their move....given their history with BL...and knowing that BL was finally having to defend...but oh well.

Guess we are not good enough over here in V2 :p.

I don't understand how recruiting members of value is like taking active cities unwillingly off an ally. If I recall, V2 also recruited players that were ex-Truculence in our core of 54 as well? I can name a few of the players now if you like? irishcrazy and that alliance, which did the exact same as NSS members chose too. I think this is a slight double standard here.

Irish was the only one in your core at the time bud..and he had already left Tru if i rmbr correctly..i was looking for ppl to add and he had made his own alliance so he joined me..at the time i was nowhere near 54, and that is one players with about 9-10 cities in your core..not the mass exit we saw.

I agree the timing was wrong..but by NSS's part..and if your plan the whole time of splitting was to join TRU..then just say so.

I think Czar and our leadership just did what any respectable alliance would do if their core was compromised as much as ours were.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23971

I remember one of BL's leaders tried to recruit irishcrazy (who he said was a v good player) but he joined Venom - I don't know the reasons why but I understood he wanted to leave and had left Truc (pretty sure I remember an invite was sent and outstanding for 24 hours, not sure about a conversation/detail though).

I would be interested to know why the name NSS was chosen - as in sent to the Naughty Step?

Sorry I've not been around - been trying to get some bp (without much success :()

DeletedUser14786

That was me trying to bring Irishcrazy aboard... we played together in The Marines in World Lambda. It was one of the best 30-50 member alliances I've ever been a part of... Led by Gendodo, Thunder451, it also had Kurb, ray93, saintchill, PolskaPrince, Downy, Walzer, Archijs, and quite a few others who are amazing players. Sasukepran was in lambda too, although I think he was in Narwhals or the Social Gamer's Club.

However IC went with SmashinOnEm, and Smash went with V2 for his own reasons... All history now. V2 lucked out with a pretty good player. ;)

DeletedUser23971

That was me trying to bring Irishcrazy aboard... we played together in The Marines in World Lambda. It was one of the best 30-50 member alliances I've ever been a part of... Led by Gendodo, Thunder451, it also had Kurb, ray93, saintchill, PolskaPrince, Downy, Walzer, Archijs, and quite a few others who are amazing players. Sasukepran was in lambda too, although I think he was in Narwhals or the Social Gamer's Club.

However IC went with SmashinOnEm, and Smash went with V2 for his own reasons... All history now. V2 lucked out with a pretty good player. ;)

Every revolt world I have joined Sas has been in it :p

DeletedUser340

People taking it in turns to gang-bang eachother will be the story of this world... Can't say it hasn't been a crazy and entertaining world,though. Especially for people like me who drop in every now-and-again :)

DeletedUser

wells things are interesting for sure.. truce are getting pounded hard. and loosing cities.. but i think they are now preparing for the assault.. Hoping to see some fierce battle from their side.. with allies like vic on their side i hope they will inflict some damage pretty soon

DeletedUser39031

The maturity of some of the V2 players is just astounding :) I love it when they name a city after me :) Gives me the tingles.