Technologies and buildings that are not used

I have made recently a post about unsed units. So I thought, why not make one with technologies that are not used.

Technologies:

Meteorology - There are cases when this is useful, but let's face it. It won't be a tech that makes much sense when you're having all the cities on an island.

Democracy - It is rare when this tech would be played. The effect itself is just for the rare case when someone takes over your city. Let's face it, we are not noobs, and if someone takes over the city, it's not like we can do much about it. What about changing it from 10% longer to take over the city to 100% longer. That would be actually something.

Buildings:

Most players who build these are noobs.

Library - But an experienced player would not sacrifice 10% additional manpower (or more culture points) for 12 tech points. How about we make it so that the Library would help with other things as well as that 12 tech points? How about adding upgrades to units and buildings that can be researched just from the Library?

Oracle - The benefits just don't outweigh the costs. I could be having more defense or more divine power. Why would I want to know if someone sent spies on me? This building could be remade.

Merchant's Shop - Another building where the benefits are " Whatever! " . I think this building has potential. Why don't we make it so that in this building you could buy/sell from other players divine Favors, Units, Culture Points, Gold? It would make sense for someone to sell his things if it realizes that this world could not be won. But those that want to win would want to buy these things. Just imagine going to the merchant to buy Favor for Zeus and Lightning Bolt half of your enemy buildings. The same way, just imagine asking for gold from those that want to win a world.

MasterSpy

Chiliarch
I have made recently a post about unsed units. So I thought, why not make one with technologies that are not used.

Technologies:

Meteorology - There are cases when this is useful, but let's face it. It won't be a tech that makes much sense when you're having all the cities on an island.

Democracy - It is rare when this tech would be played. The effect itself is just for the rare case when someone takes over your city. Let's face it, we are not noobs, and if someone takes over the city, it's not like we can do much about it. What about changing it from 10% longer to take over the city to 100% longer. That would be actually something.

Buildings:

Library - But an experienced player would not sacrifice 10% additional manpower (or more culture points) for 12 tech points. How about we make it so that the Library would help with other things as well as that 12 tech points? How about adding upgrades to units and buildings that can be researched just from the Library?

Oracle - The benefits just don't outweigh the costs. I could be having more defense or more divine power. Why would I want to know if someone sent spies on me? This building could be remade.

Merchant's Shop - Another building where the benefits are " Whatever! " . I think this building has potential. Why don't we make it so that in this building you could buy/sell from other players divine Favors, Units, Culture Points, Gold? It would make sense for someone to sell his things if it realizes that this world could not be won. But those that want to win would want to buy these things. Just imagine going to the merchant to buy Favor for Zeus and Lightning Bolt half of your enemy buildings. The same way, just imagine asking for gold from those that want to win a world.
I see your point about some aspects of the game being more or less useful or influential however your examples have their flaws. i would argue that Meteorology is very important, especially in early days or in worlds when you often wont have control of islands. I personally never build libraries or oracles so i agree with you there. Merchant Shop however is a game changer in WW worlds and can easily be changed with other special buildings at various stages of the game so I strongly disagree with you on that one.

Clas17

Hipparchus

Technologies:

Buildings:

meteorology - needed on every flier and front city
democracy - somewhat useful in NB servers for front cities so that enemy doesnt land at 10 pm and the siege ends before NB end with Helena, not a fan of using it
Library - agree
Oracle - agree
Merchant - probably most useful special building compared to the other 3, its rare that you need to build divine statue (unless you have 2+ cities on an island or rocks), even more rare tower

Last edited: