2.0 on Alpha

DeletedUser

If there is no change to alpha in the next couple months I'll be done. Very few people have an interest in ever controlling a 100+ city account and it would take lots of those for some sort of victory in alpha if the monuments aren't released to it.

Ditto.

Also opening the world has its own problems.
Where will the new starts be? Amongst the large, aggressive and experienced players?
Increase the map size messing with the coordinates system?
Installing the morale system to a game where you can limitlessly pack a city with support is insane.

No. This world will die.

DeletedUser

I am still content playing as it is. As are many others and I don't see any end in active targets in sight in the core... I don't see the world ending if we don't get 2.0. I could care less either way if it comes at this moment in time. I cancelled plans to go for wonder islands and to me it would add a lot of focus on just building and donating resources.. yawn. I don't see many alliances completely duking it out for the wonder islands like suggested. They can easily be stacked and deter any sane-minded attacker.

DeletedUser

I actually kind of agree w/ Essex;

at first I was very unhappy when I saw they weren't going to bring 2.0 to alpha. We had spent time conquering anchors on an island to get a wonder island, and all for nothing; but not really, because we still get to enjoy the strategic advantage of having an island like that as our core.

but now I realize that it will just be a resource drag, and while alpha may move slowly, their is still plenty of action if you know where to look =)

DeletedUser

Please let me clarify some things about Alpha:

I am aware that there are not many players playing Alpha and it is a very mature world. Reopening alpha would mean that any new players who join will be slaughtered directly after the BP. As some comments above state, there are still players who enjoy the world as it is, so closing the world is not an option for now.

Early in this thread Ac04 stated:
It's not yet been decided if or when the 2.0 update will come to our 1.26.x worlds.

If it is decided that it will come to 1.26.x worlds, it's not been decided how much, or what parts of the update will come either.

In a few months we can tell you more about the future of Alpha, but until then it will stay as it is for the next two-three months.

P.S: Thank you sch01ar for informing me about this thread.

DeletedUser303

Thank you for the reply.

Many of us are still enjoying Alpha and want it to continue for the "foreseeable future" ,to be told there is a finite life on the world would I feel kill the world before its time.

I would ask that we are told that whilst it is viable it will continue.

Those of us still here enjoy the world and work hard at it. We are content for it to remain a 1.26 world if sanity demands that it does, but a lot of us have prepared as far as sensible for the world wonders and the transition to 2.0.

It may be that with the age of the world things like farming have to remain as it is now with many of us no longer farming on a regular basis.

Is it going to be possible and maybe essential to create a hybred world with the practical and hopefully exciting bits of 2.0 that will revigorate the world and not take in bits that are "too late" for the state of this world.

DeletedUser

We have been mislead

We have been totally mislead by Innogames on this one , they clearly alluded to Alpha becoming a 2.0 world by there very lack of directness and specific information.
You in particular Gordopolis as our sole point of contact at no stage indicated to us that Alpha was not a candidate .
They ( Innogames ) also saw us constructing world wonder Islands I have no doubt they saw the lengthy discussions on our forums I know many members from alpha asked questions and infact advised the best practice going forward ( ie. farming ) with regards to the 2.0 upgrade
It appears from Goropolis's response that because we have condensed and evolved to the point in Alpha that no new customers can join that we are not worth upgrading as they cannot achieve the density of premium players that they can in their new worlds .
Do you want us to quit Alpha ?
Do we not deserve the respect and customer loyalty due to us as some of your most dedicated and long standing customers.
I'll be totally frank the manner in which you have dismissed us the players in Alpha is outrageous and as other players have suggested it may be time to quit ..... but that will not be before we ensure other players in new worlds learn how Innogames strategy is to assign us to oblivion once we have gone past our best before date

Shame on you Innogames ....

DeletedUser303

I think you are too early on your post and I hope that it does not need to be made at a future time.

The players on Alpha clearly want at least part of the 2.0 set up of the game, wonder worlds etc, but I suspect many of us would have serious doubts if all the features were imposed on what is a very mature world.

I would hope innogames would come to us with proposals on the features of 2.0 that it makes sense to introduce to Alpha, explain them to us and explain if necessary why certain features cant be introduced.

For example the new farming system may be better from the start of a world (I have no experience), but I think we would all be in arms if we suddenly found the new system in place when our cities are all set up for the existing system.

That said I hope that the players of Alpha are treated with respect and a viable game continues until victory is achieved, however defined.

DeletedUser

For example the new farming system may be better from the start of a world (I have no experience), but I think we would all be in arms if we suddenly found the new system in place when our cities are all set up for the existing system.

A simple solution for that is one week of free technology resets when it changes over to 2.0

but my question still remains unanswered and I believe it to be perfect since they want to buy some time before stating if 2.0 comes into affect (and the long they hold off, the more are talking of quitting)

WILL XERXES BE COMING TO ALPHA SOON?

You're going to kill this world without implementing already developed parts, that will bring back interest to the world.

DeletedUser

I have plenty of experience with the new farming system. What it would mean is spending about a week or two "conquering the farms" and then building them up for max production. Once that is done, you just click ONCE to farm per village. Its a good system imo.

We need active communication. to be honest, dealing wiht morale and boredom is like a full time job....that and dodging Eguzon's attacks... *winks*

DeletedUser

In a few months we can tell you more about the future of Alpha, but until then it will stay as it is for the next two-three months.

Of course I understand that the alpha community is interested on what will happen in the future, as are many worlds. However I cannot release any further information at the time. Rest assure the community is very important to us and we will take great care as to how, and to what extent we will implement the 2.0 features. Change is always difficult and it is hard to consider the wishes from all the different players: example new farming system vs. old farming system. Of course we will try to listen to your wishes.

I will post in the announcement section as soon as I can with news about the 2.0 update. Until then please be patient. Thank you for your commitment to this world. Rest assure we will proceed very carefully.

DeletedUser

Change in Alpha world SHOULD occur slowly....

Alpha is the oldest of worlds... its heritage and history stretch deep into the mists of time, back through the long eons.. back almost to 2009...

We who play among the islands of the Alpharian Sea like things the way they are. We respect the old ways and we fear change.

We fear change.

DeletedUser

Yet most of us seek change, the new and novel experiences are what we desire be they bitter or sweet, change from the bland is always desirable. (Except when hungover)

DeletedUser

too true Cocotte... we seek change all the time. Change in our lives.... change in our relationships.... change in our couches.

DeletedUser303

Gordopolis, thank you for your reply, I hope to continue forcing Scho1ar to dodge until the end of the World when only SPARTA and its friends remain

DeletedUser

well we wont get the wonder part of expansion im thinking in world phi building wonders is the way to seal victory and end the world needing so much points to build them in alpha the points the top 15 alliances have is enough to start building them now lol

DeletedUser303

I've just started on Tau, and am enjoying much of it, if not the farming which involves many too many clicks and is too mindless even with one city.

Returning to Alpha, I can't be alone in thinking that the wonders were the only thing we want, we have taken our islands ready for this, little else can really be added to Alpha at this stage.