Alpha Closing

DeletedUser

I am sure we all got a message from our esteemed community manager alerting us that in less than one month World alpha will be closed and we will have the opportunity to join a Hero World. I would like to express my frustration with InnoGames over their decision to close World Alpha with such lackluster fanfare. I have plans stretching out until the end of next year for Orthia and those are a waste of my valuable time and resources.

There was no communication from the owner and operator of Grepolis over how a world will shut down. Rather, we are expected to play blindly and given a 30 day notice that our accounts will be shut down.

I recognize this is not the fault of the excellent support staff we have, and I want to be direct in my statements here.

I believe a list of foul language can be used here...but InnoGames? Can I at least get a . . . (self-editting here)

I hope this thread is permitted to stay open. Players of World Alpha, please be honest but respectful of your opinions posted on this topic.

DeletedUser

Apparently it is a hoax of some kind using the community manager's username, who should have registered in game to save his username for himself.

Please ban this asshat...

DeletedUser

I really have to agree with sch01ar on this one. In your announcement of hero worlds, you specially referred that alpha would not be closing for now. "Worlds that already existed before the update, for example Alpha, will not end for now." This was two weeks ago. I understand you said for now but I mean come on. We go from Alpha will not end for now to guess what, Alpha is closing.

This really is a poor way to handle this situation. You cost yourself a good number of great players during the morale/revolt changes and I hope that you do not shut down the first(and best) world simply because it is getting old.

Apparently it is a hoax of some kind using the community manager's username, who should have registered in game to save his username for himself.

Please ban this asshat...

Seconded

DeletedUser4013

We apologize for this In-Game Message that was apparently sent to World Alpha. We are looking into the matter and dealing with it appropriately. Please be aware that the statements made in it were not those of InnoGames or its staff.

The information relating to Grepo 2.0 here on the Forums is the correct information relating to any future developments for all worlds.

Again, our apologies.

The Mod Team

DeletedUser909

The messages have been removed from the data base and the player responsible had been banned from playing Grepolis for impersonating an administrator.

One clue that he wasn't legit was the fact that the messages came from him personally. When a message is sent from the Support team, you will see an unlinkable "Grepolis" as the author.

DeletedUser

Hehe I had the same idea when they spammed my mailbox :p (that was ages ago)

of course I never got around of doing it. He he he XD

DeletedUser

I actually read all my messages before I post on the forums, so I was only shocked for a few seconds.

DeletedUser

I actually read all my messages before I post on the forums, so I was only shocked for a few seconds.

You were not online when the first message came and there was a delay before the second was released.

regardless, thanks to the Mods for their quick response.

DeletedUser

I have to say that I hope Alpha won't close, it is so fun fighting one each other

DeletedUser

lol i wouldn't want it to close. look alot of us have more then 5 cities and are doing great then the worlds end. and we have to restart

DeletedUser303

I find it very difficult to see the world closing with 42,000 still playing Alpha, many of them paying good sums of money to "zeus"

DeletedUser

why would you say nu isn't good? Only change is the revolt system

DeletedUser

Fishy, maybe you should investigate...

I would... but when I started making some routine inquiries into the issue, I received a veiled threat.... I was told to stop breaking into InnoGame employees' houses and hiding in their bathtubs or else they'd call the cops.

Seems to me, by THAT reaction... SOMEONE has something to hide.....

:rolleyes:

Lugosi

Strategos
tbh I can't see how you can ever close a world, surely that would cause some sort of civil computer nerd uproar where several mods would be killed because they've taken the computer nerds pride and glory away. Afterall I'd be annoyed if I had a decent account going in alpha which I don't.
The person who sent that mail should be bound and gagged and made to stand as my city wall in alpha.

DeletedUser

I posted in this in the wrong thread but worlds close after not alot of people play it or after a long time like a decade i cant remember were i saw this:(