AP.- Daily News

DeletedUser54192

You bragged about Thermopylae having a net city growth in the last few days, so I thought I would look it up.

This is what it looks like for Thermopylae's last 25 conquests (2017-06-23 to 2017-06-26):
- 13 were ghost cities
- 1 was from an inactive player without an alliance
- 2 were from inactive players in coalition alliances
- 9 were from active players in coalition alliances

Starting from that same timestamp, Thermopylae lost a total of 22 cities to members of the coalition. So in that time period based on your last 25 conquests, we won 22-11, and your players seemed to be more focused on ghost-hunting than taking cities from us.

It's quite amusing that the supposed best alliance in the whole server has taken more ghost cities than enemy cities within its last 25 conquests, and managed to lose 22 cities to a bunch of supposedly insignificant and inferior alliances in that time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

whao. I should call you the fake news of Mesembria or the fudge news of Mesembria. You are fudging the data. It would be stupid not to conquer the cities of players who you have been pounding and then cowardly decide to ghost or go inactive. Discounting the player who is still learning and was busy with RL issues, you only got one or two cities in unimportant places.
By the way can you tell some of your noobish fellow players not to send attacks with swordmen and biremes.
Bring it on baby! when you are going to attack me like a man in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

I should call you the fake news of Mesembria or the fudge news of Mesembria. You are fudging the data.
Nope. I am presenting the information exactly as it appears on the GRCRTools statistics. I then checked the activity status of each player your team got a city from. No fudging, no lies. Just plain and simple statistics. And at least one of the inactive players you took a city from left quite a while ago, so don't claim it was because of Thermopylae.

Excuses, excuses... you are making a complete fool of yourself here, Futbol. Bragging about how you are the best alliance on the server, calling every alliance insignificant, then hiding behind excuses and lies as soon as we take a good number of cities. Maybe if you focused more on your gameplay and less on your lies here, then perhaps your team might do a little better?

Check the travel times, Futbol. It'd be ridiculous for me to make a serious attack at that range. I don't even know if I would be able to send a CS to any of your cities at all. If you want proof that I'm a fighter and that I don't back down, just ask players in HEROES - I have been fighting some of them since November, and I have to say, despite the long and bitter war, I have more respect for them than I do for you and your lies and arrogant claims.

DeletedUser54775

dude, I really do not what you are taking about. However, when I check the "conquest tab" in the game interface, I see a VAST majority of cities being taken by our members. Way more conquests and only one loss here and there. As I said, only one played had trouble, but my view is that given the evidence, our alliance is growing and expanding as strong as ever (whether you like it or not).

As for the other comment, you have proven yourself what you do not want to accept.
IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE A SIGNIFICANT AND RELEVANT ATTACK IN THE CORE OR IN OUR WW ISLANDS, then you are of LITTLE significance, if any, to the Mesembria world.

DeletedUser54850

dude, I really do not what you are taking about. However, when I check the "conquest tab" in the game interface, I see a VAST majority of cities being taken by our members. Way more conquests and only one loss here and there. As I said, only one played had trouble, but my view is that given the evidence, our alliance is growing and expanding as strong as ever (whether you like it or not).

As for the other comment, you have proven yourself what you do not want to accept.
IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE A SIGNIFICANT AND RELEVANT ATTACK IN THE CORE OR IN OUR WW ISLANDS, then you are of LITTLE significance, if any, to the Mesembria world.

I disagree, just because Kal is too far away to conquer your ww islands doesn't make him irrelevant. He provides the coalition with vital defensive and offensive support and gives it his all to support us against Thermopylae.

Futbol, you have an ignorant and vain attitude that seems to have the belief that anyone smaller than you is irrelevant.

DeletedUser54192

Lies, lies, lies...

If you can't read your conquest tab properly, try using this:
https://www.grcrt.net/en_GB/alliance/en94/2745#alliance_conquers_panel

I can narrow this down to show the data I need it to, such as cities gained from outside of the alliance, and cities lost by the alliance. That's how I got my statistics. In the time window that you lot took 25 cities, over half of which were ghosts, you lot lost 22 cities to us. If you can't do your own research properly, don't criticise someone when they do it correctly.

No, I really haven't. I've been a founder/leader for the entire server so far, and I've directly helped shape events all across the eastern sector, which has undoubtedly had an impact on the rest of the world. Just because I haven't directly entered your little bubble of self-absorbed arrogance doesn't mean I haven't had an impact. Just ask Markovuk, or anyone who has been in HEROES from earlier in the server. They may not always have nice things to say about me, but they will probably have something to say, and that means I have made an impact, whether you like it or not. And above this post is an example: Ares is nowhere near my cities in-game, and he knows of me, and I know of him and he has had an impact, no matter exactly how, on my gameplay. That's enough, really. I would not call anyone in this world insignificant, unless they are inactive, gold-trading, or just here to spectate. Everyone else has the chance of making a difference, no matter how small, and that makes them relevant.

Also, if I am irrelevant and insignificant, why did your teammates cast wisdom on my attacks, and one even went as far to cast earthquake on me. Surely they wouldn't cast wisdom on my attacks if I was irrelevant, would they? :eek:

DeletedUser54192

Futbol, you have an ignorant and vain attitude that seems to have the belief that anyone smaller than you is irrelevant.
That's a whole lot of irrelevant people. I suppose he only cares about those who seem to spend more money on the game than he does. ;)

DeletedUser54775

Thank you for sharing the link, but guys, let the numbers speak.
I just see great numbers for Thermo. The number one alliance in terms of points, cities, and activity.
Between the 16th and the 26th there is a net growth of over a hundred cities!
Your pitiful operation shows a net growth of 6 cities for our alliance (counting the withdrawal of a player, so the number of cities per player even grew during your operation.

The numbers do not lie.

2017-06-26 1 2,856 77
2017-06-25 1 2,847 77
2017-06-24 1 2,850 78
2017-06-23 1 2,849 78
2017-06-22 1 2,843 78
2017-06-21 1 2,835 78
2017-06-20 1 2,826 78
2017-06-19 1 2,815 78
2017-06-18 1 2,729 77
2017-06-17 1 2,716 77
2017-06-16 1 2,724 77

DeletedUser54192

Thank you for sharing the link, but guys, let the numbers speak.
We just did, and as normal, you ignored any facts presented to you by anyone not in your alliance.

Your pitiful operation
Would this be the same operation in which one of your leaders lost 2 cities in quick succession to Carpe Diem, and your prized alliance-hopping veteran YellowHold lost multiple cities as well?

The numbers do not lie.
And yet you do. If anyone can be accused of manipulating the data to portray falsehoods, it is yourself. You brag about all these takeovers, yet as I pointed out, from those 25 takeovers, over half were ghosts. If the best alliance on the server would like to brag about ghost-hunting while losing cities to alliances that you regard as inferior and insignificant, then they seriously need to change their outlook on the game. Splashing gold and hunting ghosts doesn't make an alliance great and well-respected. It's actions such as fighting against the odds, taking on bigger players/alliances, and not backing down, that will earn you respect in this game.

DeletedUser54775

yes... Ghosts... that became Ghosts because players were so demoralized with the Thermo operations and the lack of support of his/her teammates that decide to ghost or go inactive rather than facing the music. In any case, it is what it is. Thermo on top and gaining cities constantly.[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser54192

Did you ever consider the fact that your enemies also may leave due to real life or other servers? I mean, you are perfectly happy to throw the "RL issues" excuse around when your team lose cities (although that doesn't account for the 2 cities lost by one of your leaders, or all those cities that YellowHold has lost), yet the moment any player from one of our alliances leaves, you assume it is because of you. Yet more self-centred propaganda from yourself. Do you really think that the lies and delusions of a player with more gold than fighting skill is going to help your side in this war? All it will probably do is damage the wider opinion of yourself and your alliance, as the sole current representative of Thermopylae is an arrogant player who only cares about those who are willing to throw as much money into the game as he does.

DeletedUser54775

Did you ever consider the fact that your enemies also may leave due to real life or other servers? I mean, you are perfectly happy to throw the "RL issues" excuse around when your team lose cities (although that doesn't account for the 2 cities lost by one of your leaders, or all those cities that YellowHold has lost), yet the moment any player from one of our alliances leaves, you assume it is because of you. Yet more self-centred propaganda from yourself. Do you really think that the lies and delusions of a player with more gold than fighting skill is going to help your side in this war? All it will probably do is damage the wider opinion of yourself and your alliance, as the sole current representative of Thermopylae is an arrogant player who only cares about those who are willing to throw as much money into the game as he does.
I am not a representative of Thermo nor I am in their great leadership. I am just a member and everyone knows it. I do feel proud of being a member of this great alliance. If this makes me arrogant, then so be it.
As for your accusations, typical of losers or people who do not know how to grow. Accussing of gold splurge when realizing that other players are better at managing resources and priorities in the game.

DeletedUser54192

I am not a representative of Thermo nor I am in their great leadership. I am just a member and everyone knows it. I do feel proud of being a member of this great alliance. If this makes me arrogant, then so be it.
As for your accusations, typical of losers or people who do not know how to grow. Accussing of gold splurge when realizing that other players are better at managing resources and priorities in the game.
You are not in their leadership. But as their most active voice in these forums, you are representing them through all your posts.

I am not sure what makes you arrogant, but all I can say is that your arrogance will not earn you the respect of others.

It's funny that you complain about me accusing you of gold splurge, but it's actually a pretty logical assumption. In one of our first debates on these forums, you made a comment about how I should not criticise those who put more time and money into this game. First off, you don't know the amount of time I put into this game, although as a decent fighter and as an alliance leader, it should actually be obvious that I spend a fair bit of time here. Second, as I was criticising you at the time, it is clear that you put a fair bit of money into this game, as well as time. Third, looking at your fighter rating compared to your points rating, you definitely aren't funding all those city slots with BP. Which means you are running a lot of festivals (and therefore probably using gold for resources and troops/ships) or more likely, you are running Olympic Games a fair bit. Therefore it's a pretty logical assumption that you throw a decent amount of gold at this game, and one that I think a lot of players would agree with.

By the way, messaging me in-game to challenge me to something that I already explained why I wouldn't do, is just silly. I'm not trying to attack you across a couple of oceans. Any logical or experienced player will tell you that that is a stupid idea. So please, stop making silly suggestions and try to improve your attitude issues towards others.

DeletedUser54775

You are not in their leadership. But as their most active voice in these forums, you are representing them through all your posts.

I am not sure what makes you arrogant, but all I can say is that your arrogance will not earn you the respect of others.

It's funny that you complain about me accusing you of gold splurge, but it's actually a pretty logical assumption. In one of our first debates on these forums, you made a comment about how I should not criticise those who put more time and money into this game. First off, you don't know the amount of time I put into this game, although as a decent fighter and as an alliance leader, it should actually be obvious that I spend a fair bit of time here. Second, as I was criticising you at the time, it is clear that you put a fair bit of money into this game, as well as time. Third, looking at your fighter rating compared to your points rating, you definitely aren't funding all those city slots with BP. Which means you are running a lot of festivals (and therefore probably using gold for resources and troops/ships) or more likely, you are running Olympic Games a fair bit. Therefore it's a pretty logical assumption that you throw a decent amount of gold at this game, and one that I think a lot of players would agree with.

By the way, messaging me in-game to challenge me to something that I already explained why I wouldn't do, is just silly. I'm not trying to attack you across a couple of oceans. Any logical or experienced player will tell you that that is a stupid idea. So please, stop making silly suggestions and try to improve your attitude issues towards others.

1.- I am just a regular member.
2.- We all have a choice. I do exercise a choice. This does not make me a represenative. We are all very different in this great alliance.
3.- You think that I use gold. I wish, but I do not have the money for this. I simply have found a good way to use resources efficiently.
4.- If you are too far away from the core and where all the relevant action and more intense action occurs, then it is no my fault. You are on the margins and your alliance is on the margins. I am sorry that bothers you, but your alliance is no that important for this world. Do not take it personally. it is just the way it is.

please do yourselfe a favour and look yourself in the mirror. you will realize then that you are just a small fish in big ocean....

DeletedUser54192

1 - I just agreed with you on that. No need to restate inanely.
2 - By posting on here, while being in Thermopylae, that means you are representing Thermopylae, officially or not. You are still a Thermopylae player posting on these forums, bragging about Thermopylae.
3 - Then explain your initial comment where you told me not to criticise those who put more time and money into the game - this was when I was criticising you, so you have basically said that you use gold. Also, your lack of BP compared to your considerable size is an indicator that you are probably running at least a few Olympic Games.
4 - No, my positioning isn't your fault. But you "bravely" challenging a player 2 oceans away is your fault, especially when I have proven myself more relevant to the major events on this server than you have, just by leading an alliance that has helped shape the entire Eastern area of this server, and fighting as hard as I can in the longest war of the server so far. I don't know why you can't understand that, but perhaps you only care about your own cities, as I noted before that you were happy to brag about defending two of your own cities, while neglecting to mention cities that your teammates lost to us.

No - what I will see is someone who has actually been through a lot more in this world than you have, and who has somehow managed to gain respect from some of his enemies, and will not back down to a big player arrogantly making stupid claims and challenges, who thinks they are worth more than anyone who doesn't have as many pretty cities as they do.

DeletedUser54835

Oh how these forums and this world has changed in just a few short months. All in all replying to the previous posts one days worth of conquers/losses will not change this war. When you have a war of this size (encompassing literally the whole world) it becomes a battle of attrition. Ops can shift morale and the tide of a war, but this is larger than what we have seen in this world. Expect one side to be left standing in the end but that is way over the horizon. Until then I guess these points arguments will just continue. :) tbh guys both sides are somewhat biased as both are involved in the war. Worry less about score and more on winning your side.

DeletedUser54192

Oh how these forums and this world has changed in just a few short months. All in all replying to the previous posts one days worth of conquers/losses will not change this war. When you have a war of this size (encompassing literally the whole world) it becomes a battle of attrition. Ops can shift morale and the tide of a war, but this is larger than what we have seen in this world. Expect one side to be left standing in the end but that is way over the horizon. Until then I guess these points arguments will just continue. :) tbh guys both sides are somewhat biased as both are involved in the war. Worry less about score and more on winning your side.
True.

To be honest, the main reason I keep replying to Futbol is that I am fed up of big players like him continually lying and being supremely arrogant, as if they are the only important ones in this world simply because they have more cities than everyone. If he were to stop his inane propaganda sprees and stupid personal challenges from the safety of 2+ oceans away against a defensive player, I'd stop arguing with him.

DeletedUser54775

you are just actingly cowardly. An entie alliance against a player, and you ran off like scared chicken.

DeletedUser54192

you are just actingly cowardly. An entie alliance against a player, and you ran off like scared chicken.
Actually, that's a lie. You challenged me individually, and you are 2+ oceans away from me and most of the rest of my alliance.

How about you actually say something sensible for once? Or do as I suggested, and ask those who know me as to whether I am a coward or not. You have never fought directly against me, so you don't know. But the fact that my BP ranking is a lot better than my points ranking, while yours is a lot worse than your points ranking, says to me that you are the one not fighting enough. We like to have a good little laugh about you over here sometimes: you brag about yourself and your team while showing a lack of understanding in the fundamental dynamics of the game, and a lack of ability to fight in a way proportional to the size of your precious sim cities.

DeletedUser54775

Kal... you are ranked like 280th when it comes to bp .... i really do not see any evidence of a great player here.... just somebody that does not understand how to grow or battle efficiently....a bit of a dumb butt when it comes to playing this game in my opinion.