Assembling Troops in Battle Formation

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • No.

Votes: 43 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2795

that too, and how would you actually put your troops in formation?

DeletedUser

I think you would click and drag but if you had 1000 swordsmen that could take some time

DeletedUser

You could assemble them into blocks of any size you want, so that way it will take less time to assemble your troops. You would then click and drag.

DeletedUser2795

You could assemble them into blocks of any size you want, so that way it will take less time to assemble your troops. You would then click and drag.

huge lag factor with click & drag, if your page is not loading well or something, then you do not even get to assemble your troops! Anyways, a standard formation would appear and then there would be no variations.

DeletedUser

that too, and how would you actually put your troops in formation?

right so the whole idea of formations im guesing, is that if you say have in the picture shown, heavy lightships on the flanks, if they punch through the enemy flanks, and soround them the enemy would fight with -10% moral. and your troops with plus 10% moral. the same would aply if you managed to punch through the center,

also this positioning would help the defender reduce the damage caused to his lightships in defence,

a better visual of a navel battle is shown, please post opinions
27zar75.jpg

DeletedUser

I actually kind of like the way tt01 said it, his visual is nice too.

DeletedUser

well if click and dragging is out of the option, what about, you click on the unit, then click on the box/circle/slot/thing you want to put it in?

DeletedUser

Sorry, but it's a no for me too. None of us need more lag for such a unnecessary thing.

DeletedUser

But once the "strategy" for placing troops have been discovered, wouldn't everyone know what is the optimal formation? Like players would look for glitches?

DeletedUser2795

basically, implementing it properly would take a miracle :D

Status
Not open for further replies.