Passed (attacker/defender/looter/great power) list

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 71 97.3%
  • No.

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
to have a list of winners of the daily awards for each server.

Reason:
it would be very nice to know :)

Details:
i'm thinking maybe a stickied, auto-updating forum thread with the dates and the winners of each of the 4 daily awards, but possibly just a thread with a link to some off-site database where the info can be stored (i really don't know much about this stuff tbh so dunno what's good/possible)

Visual Aids:
can't really think of anything that would need a visual aid.

Balance:
no effect on balance that i can think of.

Abuse Prevention:
i can't see how it would be abused.

Summary:
to have somewhere we could find out the winners of the daily awards because it would make (some of) us feel warm and fuzzy inside to know.

There is no database or log of the awards given out. The server runs a check at midnight, posts any awards you may earned to your profile, and then promptly dumps the information.

this quote made me think that if the server already collects all the info it seems a shame to dump it rather than store it somewhere for curious souls like myself :p

as i said, i don't know much about this kind of stuff so please feel free to make suggestions etc and i will adjust this OP if needed!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2524

I support this. It would fun to know who gained the most of those awards.

DeletedUser17088

Perhaps a daily submission to the world forum mod to keep it up to date ;)

i know they would love that haha

DeletedUser13936

great idea :) however they shouldn't just list new ones they should list all awards earned from the start of grepolis to right now

DeletedUser

great idea :) however they shouldn't just list new ones they should list all awards earned from the start of grepolis to right now
yeah, that's what i mean :) all the daily awards earned in a world should be shown in the world's forum or wherever if somebody comes up with a better system.

all i know is it would be cool to see them and since the server already finds that info it's a shame to throw it away once the awards have been given out!

Perhaps a daily submission to the world forum mod to keep it up to date ;)

i know they would love that haha
that would be great but it relies on the winner mailing, which a lot of times wouldn't happen. and forum mods would all quit :p

DeletedUser

/epic facepalm

didn't you see the quote form sigis that that data IS GONE after the award has been given. The the only way to check who got what daily award on what day is check every single person in-game

DeletedUser

/epic facepalm

didn't you see the quote form sigis that that data IS GONE after the award has been given. The the only way to check who got what daily award on what day is check every single person in-game

Thats quite possible actually. You just need to code so that it rolls through the players and announces them on a page. Done!

I support this idea very much so.

DeletedUser2795

Yeah, it probably would not be that complicated to write something that just ran through all the players and recorded the daily awards.

DeletedUser

I back this. I want to see the people who beat me on the days I attack a lot/ defend a lot/ farm a lot... you get it.

Do you think it qwould be possible to see how much it was that they got when they want like:

Sparkz104|DOTD29/05/11| 100,000 DBP

DeletedUser17088

On second thoughts i am very much in favour of this idea!

DeletedUser345

Do you think it qwould be possible to see how much it was that they got when they want like:

Sparkz104|DOTD29/05/11| 100,000 DBP

Its not based on bp though because militia count towards it like the unrelenting fighter awards it on troops killed.

DeletedUser

indeed, it is on the # of units killed and not the BP, so a militia counts the same as a bireme or a manticore or anything else for the daily attacker/defender awards :)

DeletedUser14226

I like this idea.

We should add the number of towns conquered/towns looted/troops killed into each award, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.