Boycott Grepolympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26213

SOMEONE needs an attitude adjustment, there's nothing constructive about this comment. -1 rep

So now I know who the spineless coward was who didn't sign their rep.

Eat that, Tyrion.

Keep it respectful.

And in my opinion, the cooldown timers have made Grepolympia a lot more fair, so I have no clue why people are still complaining about unfairness. And Order, Innogames is a company, and they need to make money somehow, so, naturally, Grepolympics should have a gold option.

DeletedUser

So now I know who the spineless coward was who didn't sign their rep.

He posted that he "-repped" you. So he wasn't a spineless coward, was he? He probably didn't sign it because his post was enough.

Keep it respectful.

I agree. But calling someone a spineless coward isn't respectful either, particularly when that claim is unjustified.

Keep it civil, everyone.

And in my opinion, the cooldown timers have made Grepolympia a lot more fair, so I have no clue why people are still complaining about unfairness.

Please see my post on page 3.

And Order, Innogames is a company, and they need to make money somehow, so, naturally, Grepolympics should have a gold option.

Someone already used this argument in the "Complaining" thread. ("IG needs to make money!") My response:

"This is a true statement. But is it a valid justification of Grepolympia? By the same reasoning, IG would be justified in giving Premium players an instant-win button for $100.

It's just a question of degree. How far do you think they can go? Most people would probably say that an instant-win button is too far, and most people would probably say that the other Premium features (Administrator, etc.) are okay. But things get fuzzy in between.

In short, players have different definitions of "Pay-to-Win". And Grepolis now falls under my own definition of Pay-to-Win, with the addition of Grepolympia. (Yes, this is only an opinion.)"

DeletedUser

Why are all these talking points about a single player vs single player when it comes to advantages. Nothing in this game says you have to go it alone. War is a team sport. While you may not want to join a MRA, many of the advantages a gold user has can be overcome with proper dilligence and teamwork. The same even goes for an alliance that is full, and all are heavy swingers of the plastic. Use your diplomatic skills, and bushwhack them with multiple alliances, superior logistics, and overwhelming force.

A premium user does deserve to have certain advantages in the game - they should not be overwhelming, as I'm gathering what the arguments are being made here are.

My only concern was the statements made by Orestes about the competition being from each city, and things along that vein - which would unbalance the game in different ways on different worlds. Thank the gods the olympics are almost over.

And having said that, I'm going to be a good little noob, and stay out of this thread and let you big guys argue about it until you are blue in the face.

DeletedUser

Okay, guys, I'll play nice. Apologies, Tyrion.

Marshal Ney
And having said that, I'm going to be a good little noob, and stay out of this thread and let you big guys argue about it until you are blue in the face.

Haha...that made me smile

DeletedUser

The yogurt analogy is just weird, Alcarin, but made me chuckle.:p

I'd just like to point out that I can now purchase Happiness for ALL of my cities simultaneously from the Grepolympia store. I guess that means the code was changed again without notice. Before, the cool down was per player, now it's per city.

Eat that, Tyrion.

Don't make it personal.

Tyrion is fulfilling a job that he is employed to do. He does it very well and he should not be objected to the abuse you have put him through.

Please note, Tyrion or the moderators viewing this thread are not the ones who wrote the script to the Olympia or were the ones who decided to implement GrepOlympia, in fact I was informed that Allisonia and several of the higher up Forum Mods were very doubtful and vocal against the implementation of GrepOlympia.

By venting your anger on Tyrion and his fellow moderators you are merely making a fool of yourself and decreasing the respect you amounted from the impressive wall of text that you constructed in your first post.

DeletedUser

You're right, WAVEBREAKER. That's why I apologized. No more trolling from me.

btw, I'm fully aware of the distinction between a coder and a forum mod. That's why I wasn't faulting Tyrion for an uninformative wiki. He was dealing with the information given.

One final thing. Now that I can cast Happiness on all of my cities simultaneously, I don't think I'll have any trouble spending my laurels. I'm quite happy about this change.

I think I'll compete in the next event now. I lift my boycott, but encourage IG to double, triple, and quadruple check the details before launching another event. I also hope the mods are given full details next time, since it would have prevented a few issues. A lot of issues have been fixed. I just wish the problems had been avoided in the first place.

Happy gaming, all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hehe, probably...

I know it looks like I'm trying to get my post count up, but I'm being a downie today. I must be thinkin slower than usual. I blame all this herbal medication!

:p

Unless anyone would like to discuss further, I'm fine with this thread being closed. I can live with Grepolympia now, I just won't spend a fortune on it like I had originally planned to do.

DeletedUser29371

Don't make it personal.

Tyrion is fulfilling a job that he is employed to do. He does it very well and he should not be objected to the abuse you have put him through.

Please note, Tyrion or the moderators viewing this thread are not the ones who wrote the script to the Olympia or were the ones who decided to implement GrepOlympia, in fact I was informed that Allisonia and several of the higher up Forum Mods were very doubtful and vocal against the implementation of GrepOlympia.

By venting your anger on Tyrion and his fellow moderators you are merely making a fool of yourself and decreasing the respect you amounted from the impressive wall of text that you constructed in your first post.

this is such a fan post... THEY ARE public relation guys between players of Grepolis and CREATORS of Grepolis... Who else should take the heat if not them....

If i was the guy writing WIKI GREPOLIS id freaking ANNOY GREPOLIS OWNERS TO GIVE ME ALL DETAILS every 5 min if it needs to be.... i dont blame tyrion for faults of olympics but i do blame him for not realising he or anyone who wrote WIKI should be more demanding from Innogames especially regarding imortant details that such event should not INTENTIONALLY let unknown...

When i read announcement of greolympics and was redirected to wiki grepolis page i read it through carefully and i had multiple questions, when i posted it to QUESTION sub forum ALL moderators IGNORED me and i bet 5 dollars noone bothered INNOGAMES to release details and saying its unfair for not giving such important info to players before start.

this is what we can easily accuse all moderators especially those higher on rank

Also they didnt bother to reply on questions i popped and some others even if they didnt know there is no need to ignore question that were directed to them...

Mods like Saska even agreed that the change of shop brought different problems in that thread the tyrion so swiftly closed down

So yes, they dont have actual faults of the coding but their fault is for not telling INNOGAMES to release the damn important info else they will have riot and displeased customers. I simply think such info like

- 2 extra slots needs to be repurchased each 7 days
- athlete looses all skills each 7 day

were left out on PURPOSE to get players spend gold atleast 1st time... 1st week over and when Hoplite race was on i had swords 24/7 in queue and 20% bonus active all time and barely made it to rank 4 in the end... now i used 0 bonus and even dont have archers inside 24/7 and i am easily 16th...

What does this conclude, now you can say people ran out of gold (which is partially also true cos of INACCURATE DATA !!!) but many realised a good scam and innogames not releasing INFO, info that they 100000000% had the time the guy who wrote WIKI was writing it.

DeletedUser

this is such a fan post... THEY ARE public relation guys between players of Grepolis and CREATORS of Grepolis... Who else should take the heat if not them....

I like the guys however I am not part of their fan club. I have been on the receiving end of infractions several times.

If i was the guy writing WIKI GREPOLIS id freaking ANNOY GREPOLIS OWNERS TO GIVE ME ALL DETAILS every 5 min if it needs to be.... i dont blame tyrion for faults of olympics but i do blame him for not realising he or anyone who wrote WIKI should be more demanding from Innogames especially regarding imortant details that such event should not INTENTIONALLY let unknown...

Tyrion has already answered to that in several threads, please go back and read his responses.

When i read announcement of greolympics and was redirected to wiki grepolis page i read it through carefully and i had multiple questions, when i posted it to QUESTION sub forum ALL moderators IGNORED me and i bet 5 dollars noone bothered INNOGAMES to release details and saying its unfair for not giving such important info to players before start.

The Moderators are not tasked with skimming through the Questions Section, that is something that experienced players take up.

Also could you pay me my 5 dollars because there was an outcry by the Forum Moderators against IG when GrepOlympia was implemented.

<<I don't understand your last sentence, doesn't make sense>>

Also they didnt bother to reply on questions i popped and some others even if they didnt know there is no need to ignore question that were directed to them...

That is not their job.

Mods like Saska even agreed that the change of shop brought different problems in that thread the tyrion so swiftly closed down

No Tyrion closed the threads because they broke Forum Rules

I suggest you read over them: Forum Rules

So yes, they dont have actual faults of the coding but their fault is for not telling INNOGAMES to release the damn important info else they will have riot and displeased customers. I simply think such info like

- 2 extra slots needs to be repurchased each 7 days
- athlete looses all skills each 7 day

I thought that was pretty obvious.....

However I would admit that this should've been covered in the Wiki

were left out on PURPOSE to get players spend gold atleast 1st time... 1st week over and when Hoplite race was on i had swords 24/7 in queue and 20% bonus active all time and barely made it to rank 4 in the end... now i used 0 bonus and even dont have archers inside 24/7 and i am easily 16th...

That is an accusation that has no grounds, also one that you have just made up.

What does this conclude, now you can say people ran out of gold (which is partially also true cos of INACCURATE DATA !!!) but many realised a good scam and innogames not releasing INFO, info that they 100000000% had the time the guy who wrote WIKI was writing it.

You literally make no sense.

What are you trying to imply choice one of the following:

1) IG were trying to scam you?????
2) IG made a mistake????
3) IG deliberately forgot to add information to Wiki????
4) IG added inaccurate info to Wiki????

Because currently you are moving from point to point like Usain Bolt running the 100m. There is no structure in your post which for me makes it very hard to respond in an adequate fashion.

Currently you are accusing IG of scamming you, making a mistake, deliberately scamming you, and accidentally adding inaccurate data to wiki.

DeletedUser

Since this obviously isn't going to die, I'll say this:

WAVEBREAKER said
What are you trying to imply choice one of the following:

1) IG were trying to scam you?????
2) IG made a mistake????
3) IG deliberately forgot to add information to Wiki????
4) IG added inaccurate info to Wiki????

I believe that all of the above are true to an extent. This is precisely what Alcarin89 is trying to say. He's my cofounder on Olympia and I'm a total grammar nazi (ask any member of my alliance), but Alcarin gets a pass because he's a damn smart noob. Don't worry about his English, his mind is sharp enough. I too feel scammed. That's why I created this thread in the first place! Now I've got every Hekkontarch and Chilliarch -repping me. Why? Because I trolled Tyrion. Why did I troll Tyrion? Because his response to my original post was less than "moderate" and I felt it was inflammatory.

The bottom line is Tyrion was denied crucial information and it was likely deliberate on IG's part. There's no way to prove it, but come on, there was either a lack of diligence on Inno's part or negligence on Tyrion's part (and/or both). If I were him, I'd feel used and manipulated by IG. He's taking heat for something that IG creators should be taking heat for. Then again, like Alcarin89 said, it's a forum mod's job to take the heat. They serve as a liaison and keep a forum civil. At least, that's what's supposed to happen. Tyrion may put a lot of work in and have all the rep points in the world, but I still feel his contributions are full of opinions and are defensive in nature. Why take things personally? I've written Tyrion personally to formally apologize for trolling him, but didn't even get a response. How professional.

DeletedUser29371

<<I don't understand your last sentence, doesn't make sense>>

No Tyrion closed the threads because they broke Forum Rules

I suggest you read over them: Forum Rules

You literally make no sense.

If you read forum rules yourself youd read following

It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his grammar/spelling. If the grammar/spelling of a user is that bad, report the post.

See i read forum rules you OBVIOUSLY did not. If I did not make enough sense you know who has the real problem and where (brains *cough*) since majority of other users have no complaints.

That is an accusation that has no grounds, also one that you have just made up.

That ACCUSATION has damn enough ground... saying THEY DID NOT KNOW about all that is just fooling yourself and noone else , well maybe a few fanboys and dumb people ;)

The Moderators are not tasked with skimming through the Questions Section, that is something that experienced players take up.

So tell me smart man, how do they MOD a post/forum if they DO NOT READ IT?

bull, they read it but ignored it simple as that, every post on forum is eventually read by a mod...

DeletedUser

WAVEBREAKER, I think I recall you mentioning your desires to be a forum mod on a different thread. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this is the case, you are biased. You want a job, so you're playing fan boy for Tyrion, who's word is God.

DeletedUser

If you read forum rules yourself youd read following

See i read forum rules you OBVIOUSLY did not. If I did not make enough sense you know who has the real problem and where (brains *cough*) since majority of other users have no complaints.

The majority of the other users take one look at your lost posts and say tl;dr

I'm not rebuking you on your horrendous grammar and spelling, I'm just saying it's hard to read whatever you do write.

I invite you to structure your points to increase the ease of reading and understanding.

That ACCUSATION has damn enough ground... saying THEY DID NOT KNOW about all that is just fooling yourself nad noone else , well maybe a few fanboys and dumb people ;)

Which accusation? I read 5 of them.

So tell me smart man, how do they MOD a post/forum if they DO NOT READ IT?

bull, they read it but ignored it simple as that, every post on forum is eventually read by a mod...

They do read it, however due to the high demand on their time they mostly come to the Questions section when all of the questions have already been answered.

They merely moderate the Questions sections and do not trouble themselves if they are not able to answer all of the questions posed.

WAVEBREAKER, I think I recall you mentioning your desires to be a forum mod on a different thread. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this is the case, you are biased. You want a job, so you're playing fan boy for Tyrion, who's word is God.

Hahaha I was joking at the time of posting. I am not playing fan boy for Tyrion.

Read back through my posts and you can see I have been very vocal about the structuring and management of the Forums mostly painting mods in a negative light.

However since I have got to know a few mods I have realised their input to the Forums is vital to it's existence and also the amount of harassment they put up with if something goes from.

Their jobs mean that they most of the time receive very little praise when the times are going good however receive a lot of critism when something goes wrong, as they are often the front line for IG.

DeletedUser

It may not be a mod's JOB to answer Alcarin89's post in the questions section (the one begging for details and clarity regarding the wiki), but any good mod would see the concern as a priority. Alcarin wanted the information to be out there BEFORE the event launched and the post was ignored. It's the most significant evidence I've seen to indicate deliberate negligence on IG's part.

DeletedUser29371

Hahaha I was joking at the time of posting. I am not playing fan boy for Tyrion.

Read back through my posts and you can see I have been very vocal about the structuring and management of the Forums mostly painting mods in a negative light.

However since I have got to know a few mods I have realised their input to the Forums is vital to it's existence and also the amount of harassment they put up with if something goes from.

Their jobs mean that they most of the time receive very little praise when the times are going good however receive a lot of critism when something goes wrong, as they are often the front line for IG.

LOL just like any other regular job... if everything is OK my manager does not run around me and gives me +rep but if i make something wrong i receive all the criticism... tell me how is their job worse or different ?? When i worked in a PC shop customers complained TO ME about lack of computers, computer parts, scanners, PC games, then I COMPLAINED to the guy who is supposed to buy all of that and order it.

It is the same with Forum mods and IG.

DeletedUser30767

Orestos, my only request please keep it civil and dont start throwing personal accusations. This is because i feel it is very similar to what Transient was saying about you being only able to conquer him because of grepolympics which we both know is false and that you would have defeated him anyway.
I hope no more personal accusations are hurled. This is a forum started by you yourself for discussion on what you felt. A "discussion", not to fight.
Thank you all for your time and i hope this thread will be more civilized and constructive from here on. :)

DeletedUser

It may not be a mod's JOB to answer Alcarin89's post in the questions section (the one begging for details and clarity regarding the wiki), but any good mod would see the concern as a priority. Alcarin wanted the information to be out there BEFORE the event launched and the post was ignored. It's the most significant evidence I've seen to indicate deliberate negligence on IG's part.

He was answered before the event was launched. I can almost guarantee that a post in the Questions Section was not ignored.

You crack me up, there is no evidence of deliberate negligence, because it didn't happen.

DeletedUser

I offered a disclaimer and asked to be corrected if I'm wrong, helliswell. It may be Arrshark that was showing interest in a mod position and I may recall incorrectly. HOWEVER, if it is true WAVEBREAKER seeks a mod position, it's a factor to be considered. I'm not slinging mud. One must simply consider the motivations of others when in debate. What are my motivations? Well, I'm a low rep noob so I have nothing to lose, really. I have no incentive to post lies.

WAVEBREAKER, if in fact you have no desire to be a mod, then I retract my words and apologize. If I'm right, everyone deserves to know.

DeletedUser

Basically your just trying to unload anger onto someone? Is that how is it?

First you accuse my intelligence and then you start accusing me of lying about IG and then you start slinging mud on me

(EDIT: -Rep;Unprofessional and baseless accusation. I guess we're even!? Haha.

Please sign off)

DeletedUser

Anger? I'm not angry. You sure seem to be, though. lol

Dude, I cold totally get banned from the forum right now and not lose a wink of sleep. You would probably cry in your Cheerios for a week, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.