bye bye slow world

DeletedUser

i have always hated any world that was less than speed three - supposedly the newest world will be a speed three

our tiny alliance held itself against every top alliance and now with all of them simming in their cities we have accomplished as much as we can given our size....

its been a ton of fun and if you think you want a real challenge - join against us on a REAL world

all my cities will ghost the day the new world opens

best wishes

clivestraddle - war monger

DeletedUser

a shame

i have always hated any world that was less than speed three - supposedly the newest world will be a speed three

our tiny alliance held itself against every top alliance and now with all of them simming in their cities we have accomplished as much as we can given our size....

its been a ton of fun and if you think you want a real challenge - join against us on a REAL world

all my cities will ghost the day the new world opens

best wishes

clivestraddle - war monger

To reiterate Clives words without rose tinted specs ....

I/we at Sun Tzu have talked a good fight when it was easy for us and nobody real close enough to make any difference, now that TBS have taken a few of our cities and NR are also making headway in our direction i think its best i leave this world before i get found out and we lose too many cities..

blah blah blah im the best blah blah, thanks all Clive

DeletedUser

you are just a bitter player - your alliance dissolved and you gave up once already - with an eleven to one edge - you still had a negative record against us

we always grew and always took more cities against every alliance than they took from us...

i know you dont like - logic or facts - so live in your glory that ...you have no war record to speak of and i leave with the satisifaction knowing that i didnt need an eleven to one advantage to have a fair fight with eight players...

i think they call that PWND nowadays

you keep taking ghosts from all your simmers and call them victories - we enjoyed taking active players large and small because you couldnt be a REAL leader and put together a focused team

i guess thats your leadership style - mediocre - unfocused and use words instead of skill to try to make yourself feel better....

you really need someone to tell you ...other than me...how silly you sound when all one has to do is compare stats / records and facts to know you never were even a threat to us other than giving us more and more ineffective attacks causeing us to just grow bigger and stronger

come to a speed three world and take us on alliance vs allliance and see if your skills are strong enough...nahhh...you will live off the seven hundred ghosts we leave behind and crow about how good you are

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

your so far from the truth your embarassing,

you were losing cities when you ran to TR

as for quitting ?.... i had a major accident and nearly died why run from someone like you , your deluded !!

as for dedicated team, unfortunately we ALL have real lives and is demanding for many we cannot all spend hours sat at a pc screen but when we are all assembled players lose cities ask Jak :)
its time not abillity we all lack but its not in the stats so ..blah blah

im bitter about many things in life but you and your noobs arent one of them, enjoy your life ..

best wishes W

DeletedUser

we lost players...not cities - and remember - we then came after you and lovable rogues and you ran into TR's arms

you really need to look back the facts

i have a much better life and don't use excuses for what i do - IF you had a near death experience - why would you then come back to a game you so say is a waste of life but enjoy it outside the confines of this screen

you make absolutely no sense - again logic makes it so easy to see through your excuses of ...why you do badly and why we do so well

if you were so inactive and didnt care - why do you bother to reply - you see you hang yourself with your own petard the more you try to vent and rant and rave - if we were running away - why is our record against EVERY alliance constantly improving - we grew one hundred and twenty five cities into over seven hund - we did it by taking cities away from players - you grew through cannabalism for you certainly didnt do a bit of the work yourself

all you do is sit in your cites and send attacks from behind mega stack cities but when you actually catch us and clear a city - you dont have the "huevos" or is the skill - to actually conquest the city - i have not see that ONE SINGLE TIME FROM YOU

DeletedUser

Clive your a liar first off your alliance lost city after city not players

there is no excuses its facts, im here as i have friends no other reason and 5 years is a long time

im not inactive im busy there is a difference and i reply to you as i cannot put up with liars and deceivers and the stuff you spout is twisted and manipulated to suit your cause

you never took cities from our players just LR inactives and dunces, you dress everything up its quite embarassing

as for the rest well you tell me you have 700 cities, so... how come 3 of my cities are amongst your 700 yet i have not lost 1 ?

you are a poor player who is very active and sends attacks at random with no abillity, a big mouth and no class

and if you read back over all our convos i never claim to be a great player and i dont brag on a personal level like you,
im here to sit you on your as it was described to me by someone

someone has to explain the truth through your lies ;)

DeletedUser

yea...im a poor player but if thats the definition of "poor" and we had the list every day of ABP/PLAYER and cities taken by player and average points per player - i wonder what you alliance which is three times larger than us - not even having a top twenty player on any scale would be classified as...

i have sooo many pms stating your poo poo attitude and poor sportsmanship - EVEN FROM YOUR OWN ALLLIANCE - you best heed the saying "better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" - not one person has agreed with you of any consequence - not one person has backed up your assertions - and yet numerous times others have interjected how trite and ignorant you are for your poor attitude and sportsmanship

you constantly attack at a personal level calling people names in a derogatory manner that makes you seem obsessed with putting people down - i feel sorry for you to have so much venom stored up that it makes your troll behavior on the internet indicate you are compensating for some character flaw in real life - i do hope this is therapeutic for you so you dont have to vent and rage in the real world.......making people miserable all around you

at worst - i have fun - challenge myself to improve but i would never consider making myself look better by berating others - you might want to spend a little self reflection before you further embarrass yourself in your next posting

DeletedUser

yea...im a poor player but if thats the definition of "poor" and we had the list every day of ABP/PLAYER and cities taken by player and average points per player - i wonder what you alliance which is three times larger than us - not even having a top twenty player on any scale would be classified as...

i have sooo many pms stating your poo poo attitude and poor sportsmanship - EVEN FROM YOUR OWN ALLLIANCE - you best heed the saying "better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" - not one person has agreed with you of any consequence - not one person has backed up your assertions - and yet numerous times others have interjected how trite and ignorant you are for your poor attitude and sportsmanship

you constantly attack at a personal level calling people names in a derogatory manner that makes you seem obsessed with putting people down - i feel sorry for you to have so much venom stored up that it makes your troll behavior on the internet indicate you are compensating for some character flaw in real life - i do hope this is therapeutic for you so you dont have to vent and rage in the real world.......making people miserable all around you

at worst - i have fun - challenge myself to improve but i would never consider making myself look better by berating others - you might want to spend a little self reflection before you further embarrass yourself in your next posting

OMG! May I translate? Paragraph by paragraph?

Paragraph 1:
I have a lot of bp. That is still my only argument regarding how I'm awesome. I never look at variables or take into account that there are other factors involved in playing. Your actual alliance is three times larger than my actual alliance. But that makes the numbers make me look better, so I won't tell you how many other peeps are involved with helping me, how many peeps are in those alliances, or even just the few random peeps I gave some of my Kool-Aid to, who are spies and sympathizers (oops... I meant SUCKERS), who help me out with defense and information, even though the entire rest of the world is not really doing the spy thing.

Paragraph 2:
Sometimes peeps send me pm's to appease me so I stop bothering them. Oh, yeah, and "not one person of consequence" basically means I have no value for anyone who does or would agree with you, even in part, which probably includes everyone. And since this is only about making myself look good, I won't mention how many of my own peeps think some of my behavior is completely choochy, or how I am the epitome of poor sportsmanship and unethical tactics.

Paragraph 3:
Your attacking at a personal level upsets me because that is what I like to do, and I don't like it when peeps do it better than I do it. Also, keep in mind, I'm projecting my character flaws onto you. You know, since I have so many more than you, I'd rather focus on yours because that makes me feel better about being such a blatant hypocrite. I am really the one who makes everyone around me miserable. I am so good at this, half the world has blocked my pm's. So there. I'm really awesome at annoying peeps even though so many are trying to stop me from annoying them.

Paragraph 4:
Now I'm going to say a bunch of stuff that just makes me sound smart whether I do it or not. I don't really know what I'm saying, simply regurgitating a compilation of pm's, Skype messages, and forum posts basically telling me exactly what I'm saying to you now. Oh, yeah, and even though some of it is essentially, well, some wording is astoundingly, exactly, what Piper has said to me before. I don't actually know what the term "self reflection" means, but I bet it sounds good here because it sounded pretty good when she used it. And don't mind my big, fat, stinky lie about berating others. As a matter of fact, it's been a whole entire day since I've berated, belittled, or otherwise bashed the peeps of Achilles by using them in a tasteless alliance name.

Also, and again, I am the only one allowed to humiliate myself by bragging, bashing, and blabbing. It doesn't matter that I will ignore the fact that I do this and accuse others of it in order to rationalize my behavior.

And who really cares about the rest of my alliance and whether they're cities are okay? I sure don't. That's why I broadcast that I am, in fact, okay, while other peeps in my alliance lose cities.

On a side note: Even though several worlds have opened with faster speeds, I am choosing to leave now because I don't want to get my butt kicked after all of my bragging. Oh, and I made some peeps angry who were supporting me so I could claim to be a seven-person operation while, in fact, being the largest seven-person operation out there. Now that I may not have their help, I will probably be made a fool of. *face palm* Why did I think no one would ever catch me in this lie?

DeletedUser

finally ..

you see Clive for all your attempts at using clever and pretty words to dress your sentences up you are now showing your true colours

all you accuse me of to try and make yourself look good you have just done exactly the same, extreme personal prejudice and insults against my good nature is despicable....... good job im not sensitive lol

i have no need to see my name in lights and become a legend in my own mind like you, i just try to prove a point and show people for there true worth and that has become apparent to anyone who reads above

anyone who doesn't like it is free to tell me so, or squash me, so far thats not many and with no success ,it must be because im so pretty ... well not bad for a troll ;)

and finally... that little ol' kitty cat has some claws and you been scratched , i always loved cats..

DeletedUser34931

LMAO!!! I love it! I love it! I love it!

Mrs. Piper hands down your awesome!

DeletedUser

show me a conquest world with no WW at speed three please - i must have missed that

a revolt takes twice as long to take over a city than a conquest - thus the world would have to be speed six to be the equivalent of a conquest speed three

all i see from the mega alliances is a few good players with tons hiding under the skirts of others

we attack and take your cities and you take ours but it takes considerable more planning and co-operation to take a city from an alliance with fifty players than one from an allliance with eight - in ratio - you can make all the excuses of why we are doing better in a ratio but it still comes down to EXCUSES

as far as "attacking someone on a personal level" - thats against the rules - have i recieved one infraction on that count - you constantly use deragatory connotative language in every single post - wrath and yet i don't reply in kind

lets get to this quote " berated, belittled, or otherwise bashed the peeps of Achilles by using them in a tasteless alliance name. "

please post EXACTLY what name qualified as that" - it has to be horrendous name...there are only about thirty letters you can use an alliance name including all spaces and the name appears in all lists and on every report - surely a moderator would have seen such a titlle and issued a warning or a ban - I am indeed curious what phrase it was that gave you such a feeling

all this verbage you have stated should have resulted in a multiple lifetime ban of myself and possibly my whole alliance - I asked whether i could use the name "Richard Tater" to reflect our management style and was told that was unacceptable - so the sensitivity of the mods is of the highest order and yet still no warning or action has every been taken

either
a - the mods don't care - which we know is not true
or
b - your sensitivity is set to such a high sensitivity that ANYTHING violates your ego
or
c - you have had your "funny bone" surgically removed

in conclusion my assertions boil down to this

a - we are the most effective alliance - by being the most effective alliance denotes by process of reversal that you are not as effective - sorry logic killed you on that one
b - even with all the members against us we continue to twart your attempts to conquests on our cities - this is due either our effectives or your incompetance or a combination there of

if stating these self evident truths are considered bragging - i remind you that stating truth is not bragging - im a mathematician and used to truth and proof - there are no grey lines - an equation is either right or it is not

DeletedUser

c - you have had your "funny bone" surgically removed

a - we are the most effective alliance - by being the most effective alliance denotes by process of reversal that you are not as effective - sorry logic killed you on that one

if stating these self evident truths are considered bragging - i remind you that stating truth is not bragging - im a mathematician and used to truth and proof - there are no grey lines - an equation is either right or it is not

Seriously?

Translation:

c. Even though I'm not even remotely funny, I will pretend that I am. In part, because I would never, ever, never admit that I was wrong about something, but mainly because the whole concept of this "sense of humor" thing completely evades me.

a. My argument is not based on a reliable premise. *crossing fingers* Please don't notice... Please don't notice... Please don't notice...

Peeps may not realize that I think I'm awesome. So, I'll remind them by telling them, yet again, that I, myself, find it evident that I am awesome. Because what I have just actually said is that since I believe it to be true, it's not bragging. Because, eh, that's what 'self-evident' means. You know, referring to the 'self' or the one who believes it. I probably should have said 'inalienable truths' to demonstrate what I meant was everyone else knows and accepts it as truth, reality. But then, again, my logic is flawed because I have, yet another, faulty premise... Arrrrg! Words! Tricky, tricky words! Why have thou forsaken me?

Oooo... Back to numbers again... Numbers... mmmmm... Numbers... I got them... An equation is either right or not right. Who cares that the variables actually change the results. And who cares if the human eye can identify at least 465 shades of gray? I don't. That information doesn't further my argument at all. Nope. Not one bit.

C'mon people! Just stop taking into consideration the infinite possibilities for a moment and just see it my way. Want some Kool-Aid?

I wonder if anyone will notice I said absolutely nothing about being only a seven man posse for the first time in, like, forever... Maybe if I don't comment on how I really pushed that point, even though I was getting hoards of outside help, I can keep stressing how awesome I am. I am awesome. I am an awesomely awesome. Sooooo awesome... If you look up 'awesome' in a dictionary, there would be a picture of me. Oooo... I gotta try that one on the ladies... Yeaaaahhh... Might have to throw on my sassy pants and test that line out...

Oh, wait... What was I saying?

Grrrr... I'm soooo mad right now. I have to go quake the same city I've already quaked at least five times this week. I'll show them all! I can quake cities like nobody's business! I'm going to quake you all! Muahahahahahaaaaa! That's right peeps! I'm going to top the charts for most quakes ever! Check out my quaking stats! Ha!

DeletedUser

are you a lawyer -

inalienable - That cannot be transferred to another or others

self evident - clearly true and requiring no proof or explanation.

i don't see how these two can have any comparison nor can they be interposed in the context

...infinite possibilities - this game might have a multifarious amount of variables but it is far from infinite

DeletedUser

are you a lawyer -

inalienable - That cannot be transferred to another or others

self evident - clearly true and requiring no proof or explanation.

i don't see how these two can have any comparison nor can they be interposed in the context

...infinite possibilities - this game might have a multifarious amount of variables but it is far from infinite

Semantics.

Anyway... I didn't know it was Vocab 101 time.

So, to clarify a few things, when translated as a moment-in-the-mind-of-Clive, "inalienable" is still a better choice from the speaker's perspective and opinion. As it is painfully obvious the speaker not only holds himself in high esteem, but also may not be argued with regarding his awesomeness.

Thus, it is a far better word choice.

Unfortunately, words reside in those shades of gray you care not for. Why? Wellll, because context, connotation, and denotation affect meaning and use, and those are only a few of the multitude of variables affecting a reader's perception. Oh, and dictionaries tend to do this crazy thing where they provide more than one definition and/or description for a word.

Inalienable: also means impossible to take away; absolute; indisputable...

Self-evident: one (ie: self; individual) knows to be true without reason or proof. And yes, I see what you're trying to do; however, in implying 'self' as everyone's own self, it still fails.

By using "self-evident" from your definition, you still fail to prove it is better because you imply that everyone believes you to be the best without question, proof, citation, or explanation. While it may be evident to you, it is not evident to everyone else on a universal scale.

Basically, no matter which way you spin it, it still isn't the best choice.

Feel free to let me know if you need more information on this. While I could go on, it's kind of a dry, boring topic for most, and I don't think everyone really cares to dissect every little detail. But if you'd like, I can walk you through a few word scales to demonstrate this further. I may even have a nice packet of worksheets for you. *wink*

Unfortunately, any further debate on the definition, would just serve to take it further out of context and lose meaning completely.

Oh, yeah, and the possibilities are endless; however, if you wish to prove me wrong on this, feel free to attempt to count them. Never know? You may learn something new. *hugs*

DeletedUser

to answer the "pedantic lesson"

you equated "inalienable" as synonymous with self evident - these two terms have nothing to do with each other

true generally is considered universal - however you can have transitory truths - a perfect example of this is related to the Copenhagen theory of the Universe - but lets keep quantum mechanics out of this

by the term self-evident does not refer to the speaker but the universal population examining the statement

you can't have an inalienable truth in any context for truth is universal accepted when proven valid - it can not be transferred nor taken away from anyone - it has permanence. Self evident does take the ability for the thinker to make steps in logic that are assumed but in many cases they follow syllogistic rational - all men are mortal - achilles was a man - therefore achilles is mortal

now - to the next topic of finite vs infinite possibilities in this game

this game is run on a server that only holds a finite amount of space - each player has the ability to attack / defend with a finite number of troops within their cities - there is no decimalization of the amount of units that can be - everything is in integer numbers - thus every action can only be done with a finite number of units spread over a finite number of possibilities - though the number of possibilities is large - in the end - they are all finite and just like a game of poker - ultimately there are only a fininite number of ways to play each and every game - eventually you will repeat the tasks and therefore it is not limitless

DeletedUser

How 'bout this...

I'll just give it to you. You can have the gold star. You can declare yourself the winner of the great semantics skirmish, ruler of the scholastic squabble, master of the literary melee, virtuoso of vocabulary.

Because, well, responding just means that you'll start squawking again, and as I mentioned in my last post, this topic is far from exciting.

And since you declared your only point for forum smack talk is to get some activity, well, this just ain't gonna cut it. *yawn*

So, I'll take one for the team and unblock you. You may pm me your diatribe on how to effectively use the English language. I'll even open the pm. I promise.

We can even discuss how "better choice" and "synonymous" are not, in fact, synonymous, as well as review a few idioms, like "the pot calling the kettle black" or "beat a dead horse" or even "blow smoke."

Then you can tell me all about how "life is like a game of poker," in your best Forrest Gump voice while detailing the difference between 'finite' and 'infinite' using pie charts and bar graphs. It will be just like a really awful blind date. Well, at least until I excuse myself to powder my nose and slip out the back door.

DeletedUser

this was the logical conclusion of this thread - of course it got wayyy off topic for the premise was to announce my leaving achilles because

a - the world has become a simming world - all around us are targets stacked with one - four k of brie - they just sit there and attempt to conquest which they are successful about ten percent of the time - we are too strongly concentrated to invade at this moment
however

b - in the long run - a small alliance can not last forever battling all the the top alliances - eventually attrition / real life / and sheer boredom takes it toll - rather than the mega alliances battling each other - from day one the top alliances have all pacted and rarely declared war on each other - but rather just sit on their massive memberships - we broke away from this play style to get the maximum amount of enjoyment from the game taking the underdog position - this is not sustainable forever and there comes a time to move on rather than suffer a whole scale collapse.....yes..eventually one has to admit that you can't sustain one's position and cut losses and move forward - will the allliances be able to take all seven hundred of our cities - no - that just can't happen in a period less than a year - they can't generate the slots unless others attack them and they increase their slots - thus without a viable opponent - they must look elsewhere to increase their slot counts

I could take the entire alliance to the rim of the ocean and just start founding cities off in inactive areas and then come back to battle our way into the center - this would be a long and arduous task - however along comes an opportunity to play in a fast world which i am better suited for and have been waiting for a year to join

so - yes...i have already admitted that in a fight against every top alliance - Sun Tzu Warriors will eventually lose - but we knew this going into this - we maximized our abilities but as more and more top players have left the game and more and more simmers just sit oceans away - the game is no longer as much fun as it was - when the game ceases to be fun - then it is time to do something else

we have done as much as we can with the crew that we have - in leaving we leave the world with a question of how they wish to continue - they can either pick new opponents or continue to just wait for others to ghost and take soft targets

I am sure that if we all leave at the same time - that seven hundred plus ghosts will keep the players happy for some time but what happens after that.....

that is the state of affairs - i still await the anouncement of world 68 to see the parameters - in the meantime we will continue to evolve and change and hopefully the state of affairs will spark new interest in this hero world - I am not reallly happy going to a WW world for these worlds all favor larger alliances and end at some point leaving one searching of the next challenge

its be a good fight - i don't believe in the pettiness and name calling that has gone on in this world - i strive to bring a sense of fun and a little bit of taunting but if your sensitivitie can't handle such alliance names as SORRY-WE WON / WE TOP IN 44/ BAD DAY FOR XXXX/WE CAUGHT U SLEEPNG / U GOT 1-WE GOT 2.....etc..then you really need to lighten up and realize its just meant in fun maybe it is to get under your skin...but i am an advocate of the "gad-fly" approach of constantly antagonizing my opponents into overextending themselves in conflict

that all being said - i have always said - my best friends are my worst enemies - i love making new friends so i can attack them daily and keep them sharp

best wishes to all - the new server should be opening shortly and time will tell how we will react