Campaign to stop the MRA name calling!

DeletedUser

MRAs

There is no clear definition of a MRA. Everyone has their own opinion. The mass inviting of players without any contact it quite an extreme approach. Many MRAs have started to send well worded mails which appear to be fairly personal.

Stand back and prepare to gasp!! I don't think there is anything wrong with MRAs!

People band this about like it is a terrible thing. They can work and be successful, even if it is difficult to achieve and maintain for any length of time. Being a good and well run MRA is just as good as being a good and well run Elite. There are just diferent pros and cons. I think we should be picking out those alliances which are not run very well rather than their recruitment style.

My alliance on Iota could be called an MRA lol and is one of the best alliances ever... not that I'm biased. - Evolution on Iota has the most amazing stats http://www.grepostats.com/world/en9/rankings/alliances. They have coverage over most of the world and no alliance is yet to really challenge. Maybe they will in the future but for now.. this is a highly skilled, well run alliance. Why knock that ;) lol

Lets praise the MRAs and just bash those who can't play the game very well ;)

Lozza

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13936

wow you make a lot of good points :eek: i'll still bash some MRAs though :p

DeletedUser

... I don't think there is nothing wrong with MRAs! ...

Now this I can agree with. I also think there is something wrong with MRA's. (gotta watch those double negatives ;p)

The act of world wide, unfettered mass recruiting has IMO seemed to lead to monsters with high inactive levels and frustrated good players who eventually leave.

2 cents and all that.

As for bashing those who can't play very well. That goes on already.

DeletedUser

Now this I can agree with. I also think there is something wrong with MRA's. (gotta watch those double negatives ;p)
I edited it ;) lol

The act of world wide, unfettered mass recruiting has IMO seemed to lead to monsters with high inactive levels and frustrated good players who eventually leave.

Extreme MRAs I agree are annoying but there are more MRAs that are well run and don't have the high levels of inactives. Look at my example.. there are zero inactives there.

What I'm saying is it's not about being a MRA or not it's how the alliance plays :)

DeletedUser4013

My dear PrincessLozza,

There is a thread dedicated to the issue of defining what an MRA is and what it is not. I believe that under the current definitions, your alliance would not fall under the category of MRA.

Cheers,
Tyrion :)

DeletedUser

MRAs are not inherintly bad, most of people's anger and bashing of MRAs is most likely in frustration. Frustration that sadly people take too literally. Also, people generally go by the stereotypical MRA (Large, uncoordinated, inactive, and inexperienced) when they call an alliance an MRA. Its not true at all...

Personally, my definition of MRA is any alliance-group with over the world's member limiit (academies/brother alliances). But even those are successful, I just find it cheesier than all hell.

DeletedUser

Well...I personally beleive average player points/bp/members do not determine a MRA, I think how they recruit decides if they are a MRA, it's just that when they recruit massively, it usually makes a large player cap

DeletedUser4013

This is not a thread to define MRA's. One of those already exists as a stickied thread. This thread is meant to be a campaign to promote hugs between all alliances.

DeletedUser

Lol, I think its just to promote the use of more original forms of hatred than basic MRA namecalling.

DeletedUser

I think its lame that people keep on attacking MRAs, because they do not affect us!
If people keep on saying MRAs suck because they are massive, uncordinated and usless, SO? if you dont like them, don`t join one!

Its really that simple, instead of spilling hate to MRAs people should ignore them, in what way do they affect us?
They are free farms!

DeletedUser1405

Most know my feelings on this, it is just putting a label on something and its wrong. What has happened since Grepolis has started (and yes i was there) is that a term that was correctly used in Tribalwars has found its way into Grepolis.
The use of this term is totally wrong in Grepolis and i will always say this. Most people using the term are sheep. They see an experienced player using the term and think rthey can make themselves look cool. Im afraid it does the opposite they look like what they are, Fools.
Whats wrong with using the term large alliances, i know the term doesnt look as good but in effect it is what these alliances are.
And to back up my hate of this term, look in the Tribal wars forums at the winners of the closed worlds and what do you find, yes Large alliances are winning worlds so in some cases they do work.
This gets my support 100%.

DeletedUser

I honestly believe MRA is missed understood. See MRA = Mass Recruiting Alliance right?? There for the only way they can recruit players is for if they receive an application from the player, so talks about inactivity shouldn't be true right?? As usually people who are honestly willing to play will make the effort to join the alliance.

Whereas if were to change to say... MIA = Mass Inviting Alliance, the members there will be less dedicated and willing and have no interest in staying for the time, so hence the inactivity, so why mock MRA when it is clearly MIA that should be put down??

Correct me if I am wrong, I just think the accusation is put under the wrong banner.

DeletedUser13240

I dont think theres nothing bad about MRAs

I think that the real issue is the generally bad leadership involved. There are exceptions, I'm sure. But of the ones that I have had the misfotune to belong to, compent leadership was lacking. :(

Yer opinionated
unit

DeletedUser

I believe about the leadership.. this seems to be the downfall of alliances and what makes them bad.. not the recruitment style or whatever other definition you want to use on an MRA :)

Project Venom on Xi is a new one that is being called and MRA, yet they have some very experienced players and good leadership.

DeletedUser

MRAs have a place in the world, as to elites. MRA's often recruit new players to Grepolis, and often teach them the skills of Grepolis. Yes, they may not learn the right things. But MRA's keep players even if they are not the world's greatest player and this way players learn from their mistakes.

Elites wouldn't exist without MRAs. But MRAs would exist without elites. The MRA is like the school, the elite is like the job. You have to get the experience somewhere. And MRAs are that place.

So MRAs are not all bad. Their the first step in becoming an elite player.

DeletedUser

MRAs have a place in the world, as to elites. MRA's often recruit new players to Grepolis, and often teach them the skills of Grepolis. Yes, they may not learn the right things. But MRA's keep players even if they are not the world's greatest player and this way players learn from their mistakes.

What's the use of that?
People should learn on there own,to get any where!!

Aicy

Strategos
I couldn't be bothered to read this thread but I absolutely agree with it's title. ;D

/sign