Inactive Topic Change way Bp works

• Thread starter DeletedUser23986
  • Start date

DeletedUser40914

I) disagree
ii) disagree
iii) agree

As a beginner you should not be pressured into joining an alliance and have to rely immediately on such.
It is within the BP that the player is working out if he wants to carry on playing or not, also many are only on line for ~ 2-3 hours of their day as they are at work or otherwise engaged in Real life so to limit ability early is not fair.
This is an open game for all and needs to cater for those who are not on 24/7 and sleep with screens at the ready and ...... etc.

The aspect regarding abuse where established "powers" use the city as a hiding place is an issue and could realistically be blocked by not permitting support of any city in BP as they do not need it anyway.

DeletedUser11965

I do not agree with 1 and 3

1. Under protection still means under protection. Attacks should be disable regardless.
2. Forfeiting protection, this is understandable, and is implemented in similar games.
3. Well, this is strategy and is part of the game.

Lugosi

Strategos
I can see where you're coming from but it is already hard enough for novice independent players to escape being rimmed at the beginning of some worlds so it should not be made harder for them because the changes suggested seem to revolve around targeting beginners which unless they are truly using the situation to their advantage seems to unbalance the situation towards the larger player.

This could perhaps work in my mind if this type of protection only lasted for the first 2-3 weeks of a world where it is crucial and full of tryhards on the whole with very few unsuspecting novices which for the majority would be on the back foot after the end of beginners protection regardless of your system or the current system. After the 2-3 week period it could then revert back to what we currently get to cushion new players joining the outer core and rim.
Perhaps the beginners protection alterations could be a gradual step up depending on how many worlds you've played before so if you join a second you get point (i) then joining your third gives you the option of (ii) and so on.

DeletedUser

Proposal:

Details:
(i)Currently if the bp for a player will run out at 12:35, then you can launch attack only after 12:35. This gives him extra benefit of the travel time. I want to change it so that the the BP protects him only from attacks landing before 12:35, and not the ones launched before it.
Good idea, I agree.
(ii)Also for now you have the option to attack others during bp, but not get attacked. So you can just kill others' offense, without any fear. Change it, so that you have to forfeit your protection on attacking.
I think if you're very aggressive and want to attack someone before BP ends, they should be able to fight back, so I agree
(iii) Currently you can support a person under bp. This city serves as an invulnerable "safe" for your offense troops. All you need is an inactive under bp, and you have all your offense 100%safe. Change it so that you can no longer support others.
That is a broken feature, and should be removed, I agree

My thoughts on the idea are in blue.

DeletedUser31385

Maybe allow players to enact spells that dont do damage on a city during BP.