Chat is a fail.

DeletedUser

So lets wind the clock back about 3 months ago. Chat had come out, huge deal! But now, it is just a button sitting on my scroll, not been used in what feels like 10,000 years. I want to know what you think about Chat, I have given my opinion, now it's your turn.

DeletedUser

I never use it..
SGoo(iota alliance)..is the only 1 had used chat.but it was barily active

on the first day..everyone was using it

DeletedUser10081

I only used it once in eta when me and a few guys all when on it and just chatted bout life and stuff

DeletedUser

Yeah it was. The idea was great, but the IG chat just isn't nearly as functional as skype or irc.

DeletedUser

Not everyone uses skype. I dont like in game chat feature because it deletes history when you close window/tab... and I do that alot... Its also really annoying that chat window glitches out if you dont clear history :(

I'll stick with PMs and the forums

DeletedUser

yeah chat seems to be a waste of grepolis time, ive only ever used it once, and that was to ask my friend to make me some coffee cuz he was annoying me :p

DeletedUser

And to think, endless players requested chat. Now that we have it, the function is rarely used.

Several months ago, you couldn't pay those obsessed with chat money to stop starting threads in ideas.

A real shame chat has not been utilized optimally thus far.

DeletedUser

I think if it were improved, people would use it. Two relatively simple improvements that would make it MUCH better:

Make it so it doesn't obstruct the window so much somehow.

Add Emoticons.

One not so simple improvement:

Add BBCode capability.

DeletedUser

I think that chat would get a lot more mileage if you could never close it this way you're on, you're farming, you're bored, you say boo in chat, someone boo's back & then someone goes on a tangent about feelings & stuff & then next thing you know a few hours went by talking to good people you wouldn't have talked to otherwise because they don't use skype and never will.

Also would be nice if it had different functions like whisper & a chat room that linked with everyone in the server (world chat)! You wanna talk smack to your rival alliance buddies sure knock yourself out (queue language filters), had a few drinks & need someone to talk to yea there's your neighbor in alliance FarmsABunch let's talk to him.

In a hurry to snipe out the enemies CS or need support double fast? Post it in a chat that never closes hey there's an idea!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, fun times with the Grepolis chat that COULD STILL BE!!

I'm telling you guys take notes from Evony style chat & everyone will be having a much better time, or don't & wish you had what do I care.

Oh that's right I do care, c'mon chat can be so much better!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

When I heard chat was coming out I assumed it was world-wide and not alliance only. Alliance only chat was a niche already well covered by Skype, most of the people that are on the forums used skype already so it was a fail for this segment of the grepo population.

But do we have any actual data on the usage of chat available to us from inno? The percent of grepolis players that go on the forums regularly and comment vs the number of active players total I would assume is small.

There are a lot of MRA's out there and as popular as it is to bash them and make yourselves feel better they are people and players as well. Maybe chat works great for them, and provides a tool to help them play, communicate, and socialize. I have only one example of a MRA alliance using the in game chat to a great extent, but I also only know 1 person that enjoys founding MRA's and teaching new players the game.

That being said chat would be improved if it did have some type of limited 24hour history.

DeletedUser

i like it, sorta. if people would be on more itd be pretty good

DeletedUser

i like it, sorta. if people would be on more itd be pretty good

So you can understand why chat should never close, it doesn't have to show who is all online just take away the ability to close it. People will see it that they otherwise wouldn't have & they'll use it, I guarantee it.

DeletedUser

The problem is, it's only alliance chat. That, and everybody had other means of chat, such as skype, which everyone was so used to.
The only point to chat now is so that Inno can say that they have chat in the game. :p

DeletedUser

I'm in Alex's alliance on Kappa and I agree with what he said