Important Concept - Grepolisscore Feedback Thread

DeletedUser25607

Awards are for noobs. Well there is one useful and shiny award = AoD, the rest is cr@p.

DeletedUser17591

This sounds like a Great Idea, I love it! The only question I have, would be on the old awards, like Heroic Tactician - I got this award back when EN13 (Nu) was still live, and it was later removed from the game. I HOPE that awards like this will be considered while displaying the older awards in Grepolis Score. Just because it doesn't apply anymore because heroes were introduced, doesn't mean that it should get left out of the display.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a Great Idea, I love it! The only question I have, would be on the old awards, like Heroic Tactician - I got this award back when EN13 (Nu) was still live, and it was later removed from the game. I HOPE that awards like this will be considered while displaying the older awards in Grepolis Score. Just because it doesn't apply anymore because heroes were introduced, doesn't mean that it should get left out of the display.

Awards like this which do not exist anymore will be displayed in their very own category :)

Since many of you asked what will happen with all your achieved awards, which cannot achieved any longer? Those unobtainable awards will be displayed in an extra category. Although nobody can get these awards any more, they will stay in the game and also provide you with Grepolis Score Points.

DeletedUser31385

Heroic tactician can't be displayed because it was removed from the game entirely. The awards being removed in future updates will be displayed.

DeletedUser21774

Grepolisscore

My group have been going around on this for a while on skype. Is there a point to the grepolisscore?
Like, "is there even like a ranking board for grepolis score out there or something, or is the entire mechanic pointless?"

DeletedUser21774

Grepolisscore

My group have been going around on this for a while on skype. Is there a point to the grepolisscore?
Like, "is there even like a ranking board for grepolis score out there or something, or is the entire mechanic pointless?"
Some with massive game strength have low scores.
I have a higher score than most, even ones playing much better for longer.
It doesn't denote lethality. Is it a measure of making cyclops and fireships? (Like an anti-Darwin award?)
Other players are reporting different scores for different worlds.

DeletedUser21774

Grepolisscore

Sorry, but seem to be answering my own questions here.
1. The different scores ARE for different worlds, but the grepolisscore on your main page is the sum of them all. It does NOT, however, total my scores across the US. and EN. games, even with the same profile name.
2. The more worlds you play in, the more chances to repeatedly achieve points for all the little awards (like making biremes). So monster players with one game under their belts will rank lower than a chump with 12 games worth of points.
3. Tactics have the most weight in the score, so you get 10k for master, and 8k for victor, and 2k for each level 10 wonder build. If you have multiples, your score will be much higher than a player with several worlds but no wins.
4. I see players with very high grepolisscores with very low current activity - seems like a sign of game burnout.

DeletedUser35069

It's pointless. Due to how heavily the points system is leaning towards WW it takes away any sort of balance for you to consider any player by their grepo score. Everything else earns 50-250pts and the ww ones start at 2k upto 10k as you mention.

DeletedUser21774

It's pointless. Due to how heavily the points system is leaning towards WW it takes away any sort of balance for you to consider any player by their grepo score. Everything else earns 50-250pts and the ww ones start at 2k upto 10k as you mention.

I have a western, "John Wayne" culture, which is a 'let's get her done' mentality. WW inspires me, as 1-3 years is plenty long enough to play a game and I hate to just 'fade away'. That said, the only redemption for a never ending world without WW is to have an award system that just keeps going up and beyond the scale (so many points for the nth bireme, harpy, fireship, etc).

And the only real motivation (particularly for those who don't like WW) is to have a public ranking, so everyone knows you are a big cheese, and might want to entice you to a new world.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
getting an award for a ww does not make you a big cheese. i know plenty of players in mras who have no cities on ww islands, were involved in no ops, and still have crowns. yeah they brag but about what? trading resources? for those who earned it, fine a big reward but for the rest....

DeletedUser21774

getting an award for a ww does not make you a big cheese. i know plenty of players in mras who have no cities on ww islands, were involved in no ops, and still have crowns. yeah they brag but about what? trading resources? for those who earned it, fine a big reward but for the rest....
Just explaining my understanding of the neo-rookie graphical bit of art called the 'grepolisscore' - not defending the rest of grepodom.

Now the onus is on grepolis to make it an actual game feature, rather than an employee-centric bit of fluff.

DeletedUser22708

I don't even want to know how much work they put in this pointless feature called "Grepoliscore" instead of focusing on a new end game.
e691b541be944b72a3e436015921efed.png

What's the point of this if only you can see it, yes i got me some golden thingies
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser21774

I love the way the grepscore informs me how many harpies I've lost before I actually get the attack reports. It's like "take a seat, you're not gonna like this." :p

Technology at its best.

FazeWalker

Phrourach
I loved this system but there is one issue.

Although I played several worlds, it seems that we were not awarded for the hoplite kills/LS kills etc. new awards. Which are enjoyed only by newcomers and if we play currently.

Shouldn't us be getting the awards that were not prevailing while we played? If this was some minor awards, I wouldn't have bothered to mention it up, but it seems a lot of new awards were added to the game.

<Just returned in Lato> :cool:

FazeWalker

Phrourach
I don't even want to know how much work they put in this pointless feature called "Grepoliscore" instead of focusing on a new end game.
e691b541be944b72a3e436015921efed.png

What's the point of this if only you can see it, yes i got me some golden thingies
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif
don't tell us you want INNO to actually pay you 3000 gold for above rewards :p It's INNO mate lol