Discussion: Signiture changes

DeletedUser5

Guys, I fought the case regarding 200px signatures, but in the end, a decision was made by several of the InnoGames upper management team. Not the Grepolis upper management team. Trying to fight this change further will not help. If you wish to use 200px signatures, they must be contained within spoiler tags.

Regarding the ordering of the world forums, I wasn't looking to cause problems with some of our older players, I just felt that it would be easier for newer players to find what they were looking for on the forums. We took on board what you were all saying, and reverted the change that I implemented.

DeletedUser

Guys, I fought the case regarding 200px signatures, but in the end, a decision was made by several of the InnoGames upper management team. Not the Grepolis upper management team. Trying to fight this change further will not help. If you wish to use 200px signatures, they must be contained within spoiler tags.

Regarding the ordering of the world forums, I wasn't looking to cause problems with some of our older players, I just felt that it would be easier for newer players to find what they were looking for on the forums. We took on board what you were all saying, and reverted the change that I implemented.

Nice,so the basic opinion of the upper dudes is "We don't give a crap about anyone as long as the eldest players are happy",right?
Damn,that's some nice politics!:eek:

Don't get me wrong but I am sure they checked who pays better,the ones who want the 200 height rule or the ones that don't want it?
Too bad all artists are broke nowadays...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why not somewhere in the middle at 160px? Don't get our hopes up with 200px and then take it away so suddenly.

DeletedUser

Nice,so the basic opinion of the upper dudes is "We don't give a crap about anyone as long as the eldest players are happy",right?

Don't get me wrong but I am sure they checked who pays better,the ones who want the 200 height rule or the ones that don't want it?
Too bad all artists are broke nowadays...

I think the bottom line is that it was an unnecessary change, they listened and changed it back.

It's impossible to satisfy everybody, but it was clear that there was a lot of opposition to that particular change.

DeletedUser

As a GFX artist, there was know way that I could be against the 200px sig limit. However, I did notice some people using 700x200 size tags which looked so terrible. So all in all, even though the 200 height rule was good for the people with some skill in graphics design, it was ruined by the people doing the ridiculous tags as stated above. I actually highly doubt a large amount of people complained, for I did not see a single person.

Oh yes, nazaire, don't be stupid. Protest properly, or at the very least, spell height right. You are just making the situation worse for those in favour of the larger tags.

DeletedUser5

Law, there were two separate decisions made regarding these changes.

Myself and Gordo decided to revert the world forums back to how they were previously.

Innogames upper management decided that we should revert the signature rule back to how it was before, and gave their reasons for this. Believe me, they were trying to accommodate the change that I implemented, and took on board the points I made, however their decision was that we should revert back to 120px tall.

Why not somewhere in the middle at 160px? Don't get our hopes up with 200px and then take it away so suddenly.

I suggested this last night, and that was discussed today, however as I've stated, the decision made was to revert it back to 120px.

As a GFX artist, there was know way that I could be against the 200px sig limit. However, I did notice some people using 700x200 size tags which looked so terrible. So all in all, even though the 200 height rule was good for the people with some skill in graphics design, it was ruined by the people doing the ridiculous tags as stated above. I actually highly doubt a large amount of people complained, for I did not see a single person.

Oh yes, nazaire, don't be stupid. Protest properly, or at the very least, spell height right. You are just making the situation worse for those in favour of the larger tags.

I'm not sure if there were many people complaining about this, it was more that people were complaining a lot about me having flipped the world forums.

As I've stated already, you're still able to make signatures that are 200 pixels tall, as long as they are contained within a spoiler tag.

DeletedUser

I am aware that one can put larger tags in a spoiler, but the fact remains that not as many people open them again and again. Your work isn't appreciated as much.

I hope I'm not the only person who does this, but I don't read the names of posters. I recognize the poster by a quick glance at an avatar or signature, often the latter. It's just a bit if an inconvenience to put tags in spoilers.

Anyways, I respect the fact that you argued for the height change. Not many people would've done that.

DeletedUser2795

I know it won't make much difference given the level at which the decision was made, but I just want to say that personally, the scrolling issue wasn't a significant problem, and I am actually distracted more by spoilers because it is so tempting to open them, distracting me from the post when without spoilers, I could just see that it was a regular sig and nothing else.

DeletedUser

Hey law and Orange. I had never really considered the amount of work that goes into your art. I am a complete non skilled computer guy. Poker and Grep only basically.

Your posts opened my eyes. I will also take more time to click those spoilers a little more often.

Orange your point on recognizing posters quickly by their sig is what dropped the penny for me. I also do this. Again with no consideration for the effort needed to create them.

So kudo's to you, and I salute all of you that do them. I also enjoy seeing them.

DeletedUser

So, if I were to ask for a 600px height signature space, it would get shot down, simply because someone somewhere decided it looked "unprofessional"?

I'd like to point out that this is a gaming forum.
Not a business board.

Although, I think there are bigger problems here with the actual section, than the size limits.

Edit: Don't really mean for this to come out wrong, if it has, as it's about 5 am where I am, and my logic has kinda gone out the window.
And, if Yx200px signitures are unprofessional, can I use my Yx200px signature?

DeletedUser4013

I think that what Adam is trying to say with regards to signatures, and their size limits is that you are more than welcome to use Spoilers to still place your artwork into the sig space. Unfortunately, and I can assure you that Adam was fighting the good fight for all of the GFX artists in the community, the decision was taken by the board to revert back. As far as I am aware, I believe that Gordopolis and even the Product Manager was willing to allow a larger sig size limit.

This sucks, and is not an outcome that we wanted. We knew that a lot of you wanted larger sigs on here, and we tried to allow that. :(

DeletedUser4577

My Two Cents

I'd like to point out that this is a gaming forum.
Not a business board.
- I couldnt say anything else to make more sense.

I just popped on and been posting wherever I felt like but the more I read this thread the more I felt like I needed to say something.

Like many have said that its not fair to have something one way due to the fact it looks "unprofessional". I think the main issue they should worry in that sense is if the game is working properly or being done right. Thats what I would view as a professional job.
Coming onto the forum where players may converse, joke around and share things with, antagonize one another at and so forth isnt somewhere the word professional needs to even enter. Its a gaming corner...I mean seriously. If we go to the arcade and someone wants me to dress up in a suit and tie before entering due to the fact it will make their business look "unprofessional" it begins to lose its sense of being.
I admit that its not often that while I go down reading a thread I open each and every single persons spoiler. I mean why would you if your a player that reads the forum daily? You've seen it a few times already so no real need to do so again and again and again. It would be nice to see the artwork that players have for themselves or that the artist has spent the time in doing so for them without needing to constantly click the spoiler.
The signatures are what bring a bit of personality to the forum and aren't the forums for community building and so on? Whats wrong with a bit of personality thrown in the mix?
If it distracts someone then oh well grow up. Im sure there can be a standard since I wouldnt really care to see a HUGE sig that was taking up half the board but one that was under control and looked appropriate to be placed there would be nice. It would add color and like I said before personality to the forums other then dear old KB's rants.
The whole unprofessional excuse just doesnt cut it for me and since this is a place for the community then it should be left up to the community in a vote or something not due to someone that never posts or has nothing to do here.

As for the world placement....It honestly didnt matter one way or another and I liked it being newest to oldest. It would help the new players route the forum better since there is becoming a long list of worlds to scroll through to find the one your looking for and if your doing it the first time it may seem confusing.
Either way the worlds placement didnt matter but for the players that yelled around for it....Please grow up. It doesnt matter one way or another as long as your world is still there.

DeletedUser13936

all the changes were good but....CHANGE THE MAXIMUM SIGNATURE SIZE BACK TO 400X200 BEFORE I BLOW MY STACK :supermad:

but seriously, all the changes were pretty good and i know you guys don't get much of a voice in this kinda stuff.

DeletedUser

all the changes were good but....CHANGE THE MAXIMUM SIGNATURE SIZE BACK TO 400X200 BEFORE I BLOW MY STACK :supermad:

but seriously, all the changes were pretty good and i know you guys don't get much of a voice in this kinda stuff.

Yeah let use have links and the max size 400 by 200
all the other fourms have it like my post!:pro:

DeletedUser13936

The revolt is starting . Gather your pitchforks.

From now on i'll call Ju Ju the 'necrowhal'.

SKULLY! LOCK THIS! SOMEONE!

DeletedUser

:pro:And your torches!!
We want this form like the other fourms!!!:pro:
And why necrowhal??

DeletedUser

haha the thread has been frankensteined lol

@ ju ju - necrowhal, because the thread was dead and u posted on it 25 days later lol :p