Envoys

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Yeah, I know. What after? Just revolt it to annoy the person? I'd just stack my city with a couple thousand biremes while you guys send your manti nukes at me...

So first of all you say this above, "Stack my city with a couple thousand biremes"

Not sure you revolt chaps have heard of something called "sniping". Conquest players tend to be good at it :) Should definitely learn it.

And no, I'm not "in love" with conquest, I just prefer it over revolt.

And wait, I thought the discussion was about Envoys and myth nukes, not about LS and ALU nukes. I just stated that if my opponent was attacking me using those, I would either:

a) Max out wall, stack with dlu, and watch your flyers go bye bye.
b) Hide/spend all resources, put a 3-4k bireme wall in my harbor, and watch as the attacks roll in pointlessly.

And then you go on about sniping... Why waste that many biremes? As I said, it's called team-work, do not try to come up with some smart-mouth noobish comments that're the basics of grepo everyone should know

If you're trying to imply that I'm stupid or inexperienced, then you're badly mistaken. Once again, you're playing in Sinope just to have an excuse to pointlessly spam these forums. That is all.

This conversation is originally about Envoys, but I suppose the flying myth units have some sort of relevance, considering they're both divine units...

DeletedUser27128

95% of the people who build myth nukes don't use envoys for farming. They are plain useless.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I know. What after? Just revolt it to annoy the person? I'd just stack my city with a couple thousand biremes while you guys send your manti nukes at me...

Erik, educate this guy, how many Birs did you guys smash through to take one of our cities in Eubea, was it 15k? or 20k?

DeletedUser27128

I never said it can't be done, did I?

Anyway back on topic, please do tell me how many people have you seen using envoys for favor farming. 1 small attack and your whole envoy nuke is wiped out. Its easier, better, faster, and more efficient to use your mythical units to farm for favor.

DeletedUser30490

i kinda agree with bond,Flying myths in revolt makes not much of sense
yes like jnc said you can revolt the city,but if the city has a 24 wall,the flyers would go *splat*
and if it's a offensive city i'd rather kill the Ls+transports too to get more BP's

maybe just 1 or 2 flyer nukes to try timing right before CS lands would be nice,but making a lot would not makes sense
i wouldn't mind making hydra nukes in a revolt world though :cool:

as for envoys,just to farm favor!

Edit:100 envoys in a offensive city=500 favor bond.you could always clear the city and send the envoys in after for the favor

DeletedUser

I never said it can't be done, did I?

Anyway back on topic, please do tell me how many people have you seen using envoys for favor farming. 1 small attack and your whole envoy nuke is wiped out. Its easier, better, faster, and more efficient to use your mythical units to farm for favor.

I'm sorry, did you just come up with a good reason to build myth nukes on revolt worlds with this?? So you've answered your own question, i was about to call you a noob too and you figured it out all by yourself.

Well done. :D

DeletedUser27128

I'm sorry, did you just come up with a good reason to build myth nukes on revolt worlds with this??

I most certainly did not, if you can read it correctly. There's been enough off-topic chat on this thread already, and I don't want this to be closed as well. I am still open for debating on the topic if someone wants.

The point of this thread is to discuss about the usefulness of envoys, which are basically none.

DeletedUser27128

Hydra nuke :eek: Never seen one, though it would be interesting to see how much damage it will do...

DeletedUser

95% of the people who build myth nukes don't use envoys for farming. They are plain useless.

loads of players trust me......... you obv dont go attacking the cities that are active but at the beginning of the world there are many players who give up and leave there 1.6k cities sitting there which over time store 500 fav.. yes or no? so steal it

go back to conquest

DeletedUser27128

So what do you call this then? Lol.

Its called "proving that divine envoys are useless by giving you an example".

You do know that this thread is about divine envoys and not whether myth units are good for revolt servers, do you?

DeletedUser27128

loads of players trust me......... you obv dont go attacking the cities that are active but at the beginning of the world there are many players who give up and leave there 1.6k cities sitting there which over time store 500 fav.. yes or no? so steal it

I would rather use Griffins or Manti's or even Pegasus (if the player is inactive) to favor farm it. They are way faster than envoys, and give you further reach to farm on other islands, something divine envoys cannot do.

DeletedUser

You do know that this thread is about divine envoys and not whether myth units are good for revolt servers, do you?

yes but you changed it to this

DeletedUser

I would rather use Griffins or Manti's or even Pegasus (if the player is inactive) to favor farm it. They are way faster than envoys, and give you further reach to farm on other islands, something divine envoys cannot do.

well thats a liar...

called a transport boat?

DeletedUser30490

jesus,people just chill
and continue with envoys now without worrying about who started going OT :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Of course, but you stated they aren't worthwhile in Revolt worlds, they clearly are worthwhile, some of the best players in the game use them all the time, so take the hint and shush little boy, you know nothing about revolt.