Passed Forum Privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You don't want to find out..Especially this smurf.. :p lol

Anyways, All you would have to do is lock the threads. Leaders/Founders with forum mod rights can post in them.

DeletedUser

Yes but that only works with those higher ups. I'm talking about micromanagement. Here's a scenario:

Battalion Athena has an Op coming up. There is a thread about it in their special tab in the forum with detailed instructions. Alliance leaders make it so that players not in Battalion Athena are able to view this tab so as to follow out their instructions, but are unable to post in it. This makes the thread much cleaner.

DeletedUser

yes I agree being able to select the members ability to read and write on forums would be a huge step forward for grepolis. I stand behind what I said in the beginning a clean and less cluttered forum would make for more forum activity.

DeletedUser

I just read what this would do to forum moderators in this alliance and I love it. Allowing battlalion leaders to moderate their own tab would be a great feature. Now if only I could moderate my newspaper in Hyperborea's external forum...

DeletedUser

Guys if you don't have a post that is related to the idea don't waste your time. I will delete them. Spam/Trolling is not a way to advance yourself.

DeletedUser31161

i see how you could use this well but i really do not see how this would help most of grep world. too much button pushing.

pic_buttons.jpg

DeletedUser

MrP, did you not just read what Lane posted?

Anyways, too much button pushing can't be your reasoning because it is not an essential feature, just an advanced control.

DeletedUser20921

My question is what happens to shared forums, the privileges would have to be divided?

DeletedUser

perhaps what we can do with shared forums is make it a preassigned privilege for all members unless (hidden)

DeletedUser

It would be nice if we at least had the ability to move threads that are in a shared tab to a different tab

DeletedUser

Well, not a fan. An alliance having internal forums for leaders is completely understandable, but this alienates members of an alliance, especially the ones who have no rights. Lets say I can't write a thing on the alliance forum- am I going to feel important, wanted? No.

DeletedUser

who said this was to keep members form writing or seeing the alliance forum???

This is about being able to control which groups or select people have the ability to see and write on posts that is specifically to them and not to everyone who it does NOT pertain to. kind of the same things as hidden forums work now! except it could be managed more precisely with my plan.

DeletedUser

Coolkid: This is simply an option for alliances to use in order to organize information and groups. If an alliance tries to do that to you: LEAVE THE ALLIANCE. Simple as that. The Constitution of Thrace was written as a result of oppression from tyrannical leaders.

DeletedUser

exactly.

and also think about how clutter free the forums will become for most members if they are not forced to have forums that are not necessary for them to read or write in.

DeletedUser14492

The original post is an excellent idea, I like it. This would add several strategic advantages for alliance management... would make my job easier for the many reasons that The Obliterator and Detroit Leprechaun have said in various posts.

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

now we are just waiting for the moderator to move this idea to voting since it has met all the requirements for a vote!

DeletedUser30979

Hi Obliterator. Well, you do seem to have some good idea.

I think this idea is brilliance because, as a founder myself, I understand how useful this could be.

I think, as long as this is made really simple for founders it would be perfect. Maybe another visual on the way to edit, and what it would include would be great.

But yeah, (I confess I have not read the whole thread, only first 5 posts and last 5), I think this is great and should be moved to voting when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.