Hero World Launch: Discussion

DeletedUser4013

The number of ways in which a player can enter the Hero Worlds are as follows:
1. Earning the Heroic Tactician award (these requirements are set and no changes will be made);
2. Earning the Ruler of X award for building 4 out of 7 Wonders in your world; and
3. Earning the Master of X award for building 7 out of 7 Wonders in your world.

So as you can see, there are different ways to do this. The first one is the way in which most players will achieve entry, while the second two are more difficult as it requires a lot more effort, though many players in those alliances will likely have already earned the Heroic Tactician award.

DeletedUser

I'm getting my alliance ready to join. It'll be interesting to see alliances from all servers fight on the same one. It'd be nice if the unit speed as 2 as well, though (Athens)

DeletedUser22372

Hi Guys,

Am excited as you are all :). However, I have a few questions.

Now the Hero's world which is due to be launched on the 22nd, is it a common Hero world to all the normal worlds or will each normal world have a dedicated Hero world to it?
Secondly, Can one player from my alliance enter the Hero world and send out invites to other players, so that all the players are situated close to him? to form an alliance.
Third, When will the other normal worlds have dedicated Hero worlds? (provided any of them are dedicated at all)

DeletedUser4013

1. It is a common Hero World open to all who have acheived any one of the requirements needed to enter it;

2. We are looking into whether a player who has entered the Hero World can then invite players who later earn the Heroic Tactician award into the world; and

3. The Hero Worlds will not be specific to any world as was previously the idea behind them. All Hero Worlds will be like regular worlds as far as opening of them goes.

DeletedUser22372

1. It is a common Hero World open to all who have acheived any one of the requirements needed to enter it;

2. We are looking into whether a player who has entered the Hero World can then invite players who later earn the Heroic Tactician award into the world; and

3. The Hero Worlds will not be specific to any world as was previously the idea behind them. All Hero Worlds will be like regular worlds as far as opening of them goes.

Nice answer to the second question, the most important one :D A few of us from our alliance have the required award. So one of us enter the world and then invite the players who have the award. Can you please keep me posted about this.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

The what's the point of a Hero World? It will be just a like a normal world, except that there will just be an extra god.

DeletedUser22115

no, you will have 3 cities at the start, there will be 6 gods, not as much inexperienced players but still alot as the requirements are very low. And i believe you still only need 3 Culture Points for the 4th city

EDIT:
will the invite system work in the Hero World since you start out with 3 cities, will there main city be on your island and then the other 2 an island or 2 away

DeletedUser

2. We are looking into whether a player who has entered the Hero World can then invite players who later earn the Heroic Tactician award into the world;
Will you please let us know when the investigation is completed and what the results are

DeletedUser

So, what's this world gonna be: Without morale or with morale?
I'm hoping that there isn't morale for us to attack anyone freely. We're all heroic tactician anyway ;)

DeletedUser

I'm wondering if a forum is going to be opened up before the heroworld itself opens? I'm interested to see the various alliances from other worlds that are going to be joining, predictions and what directions everyone is choosing.

DeletedUser

Im coming to this Hero world to get a feel because I missed out on the beta. Though I anticipate as Speed 3 and Speed 3 Unit Hero World.

Not to toot my own Horn but Pi is coming for you other servers Friendly competition maybe :)

DeletedUser

The number of ways in which a player can enter the Hero Worlds are as follows:
1. Earning the Heroic Tactician award (these requirements are set and no changes will be made);
2. Earning the Ruler of X award for building 4 out of 7 Wonders in your world; and
3. Earning the Master of X award for building 7 out of 7 Wonders in your world.
since i love debating, here i go again:

"are set and no changes will be made": thank you for pointing out that no matter how many times me and other ask for bigger bp requirement or for other more "heroic" ones, nothing will be done. kinda killing the discussion here... great to know they "are set" and there's nothing we can do.

2 and 3. wait. 3 is a subpart of 2 or not? if i built 7 / 7, doesn't that mean i also built 4 / 7? is there ANY way to get 7/7 without getting 4/7? if there is none, the 3 is not actually an option, everyone who made 3 should have done 2 at a point... i only see 3 put there to count as "multiple ways", could also add option 4 - built 5/7 and option 5 - built 6/7, so we have more ways to "transcend"

and about the ballance. or lack of it. how option 1 could EVER be in ballance with 2 (ok, and 3 if i missed something in my previous point). So to say, a player have the choice of either found a lousy town, or wait 4 months (yes, for MU there's 4 moths till the age of wonder is starting) then starts building wonders which will also take a long time. Ballance 1 town founding with 4 wonders built... hard to say which... dunno, maybe we can find players with under 7500 bp part of wonder-building alliances. yeah, that will ballance the thing more... (just joking on this one)

anyway, i see it's pointless to debate, "these requirements are set and no changes will be made" cleared that up. another call made without players actually being consulted. that will probably be a no-worth-playing world for some of us.

DeletedUser23986

2 and 3. wait. 3 is a subpart of 2 or not? if i built 7 / 7, doesn't that mean i also built 4 / 7? is there ANY way to get 7/7 without getting 4/7? if there is none, the 3 is not actually an option, everyone who made 3 should have done 2 at a point... i only see 3 put there to count as "multiple ways", could also add option 4 - built 5/7 and option 5 - built 6/7, so we have more ways to "transcend"

Not true, you joined the alliance once it has built 6 world wonders, and now it is bilding the last one. you have the award for 7, but not for 4

DeletedUser

This sounds like a huge update,can't wait 2 days more to play the new world.

DeletedUser

I will be waiting for the next hero world to join.
Have we been told how regularly they will be released? I can't remember (been gone for a while...).

Hoping for another speed 2 next time though!

DeletedUser4013

"are set and no changes will be made": thank you for pointing out that no matter how many times me and other ask for bigger bp requirement or for other more "heroic" ones, nothing will be done. kinda killing the discussion here... great to know they "are set" and there's nothing we can do.

We did seek input from the players about these settings and what they thought of them. Most players had unrealistic settings which would have excluded the vast majority of the players from ever attaining the award. As it stands, with the current settings, only 10% of the entire player population across all worlds will be eligible for the award. When Inno saw those stats, they decided that the settings were deemed adequate for enough players to achieve and gain entry to the Hero Worlds.

Options 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive because the alliance which builds 4 Wonders will not necessarily be the alliance which builds all 7 Wonders. Because Wonders can be destroyed or taken down a level through sabotage and other means, alliances which attain one of those awards will not by default become the alliance which attains the other award.

For example: Alliance A is building Wonders 1, 2, 3, and 4, while Alliances B and C are trying to complete Wonders 2, 4, 5, and 7. Alliance A completes their 4 Wonders before any other alliance is able to. After this, Alliances B, C and D conquer some cities on Alliance A's Wonder Islands taking their Wonders down to Level 9. This allows all other alliances in the world the opportunity to complete their Wonders.

and about the ballance. or lack of it. how option 1 could EVER be in ballance with 2 (ok, and 3 if i missed something in my previous point). So to say, a player have the choice of either found a lousy town, or wait 4 months (yes, for MU there's 4 moths till the age of wonder is starting) then starts building wonders which will also take a long time. Ballance 1 town founding with 4 wonders built... hard to say which... dunno, maybe we can find players with under 7500 bp part of wonder-building alliances. yeah, that will ballance the thing more... (just joking on this one)

anyway, i see it's pointless to debate, "these requirements are set and no changes will be made" cleared that up. another call made without players actually being consulted. that will probably be a no-worth-playing world for some of us.

If you haven't already figured it out, the Wonders are a way for an entire alliance to gain entry to the Hero Worlds through team work and cooperation. They also gain a bonus in the Hero Worlds as well for having completed 4/7 Wonders or 7/7 Wonders. The Heroic Tactician is there for players who are not in those alliances or are in a world where Wonders will not be available for some time. There is no need to 'balance' these awards against each other since there is no impact on the game play by getting them.

And as for your claim that this was all done without consulting the players, you may want to look more closely at the Forums. As I said above, the players were asked for feedback about the Heroic Tactician award requirements but that feedback was too unrealistic. But as far as the Awards go and how they are handed out, that is a decision left solely to Inno. Last I heard, no one was consulted about what requirements should be had for any other awards for the game.

DeletedUser18132

I will be waiting for the next hero world to join.
Have we been told how regularly they will be released? I can't remember (been gone for a while...).

Hoping for another speed 2 next time though!

Settings: Speed - 2; Unit Speed - 1; Alliance Cap - 100; Beginners Protection: 3 days; Conquest; Morale - Active

DeletedUser

debating goes on:

We did seek input from the players ... with the current settings, only 10% of the entire player population across all worlds will be eligible for the awad....

i asked 2 times for a link to the debate on these settings. got none, but been told they were debated. could you again provide a link so i can post my ideas there, in the official debate area?

Options 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive because the alliance which builds 4 Wonders will not necessarily be the alliance which builds all 7 Wonders. Because Wonders can be destroyed or taken down a level through sabotage and other means, alliances which attain one of those awards will not by default become the alliance which attains the other award.

there's a little confusion about the term "mutually exclusive". The term itself means 2 things that cannot be true in the same time, each one being true is making the other be false. like the terms day and night, those are mutually exclusive. i am sure this is not what you ment. therefore, if i build 7 wonders, doesn't that also mean i have already built 4? If there is a way an alliance gets to complete 7 wonders without completing 4 first, please help me by posting the example.

For example: Alliance A is building Wonders 1, 2, 3, and 4, while Alliances B and C are trying to complete Wonders 2, 4, 5, and 7. Alliance A completes their 4 Wonders before any other alliance is able to. After this, Alliances B, C and D conquer some cities on Alliance A's Wonder Islands taking their Wonders down to Level 9. This allows all other alliances in the world the opportunity to complete their Wonders.

could you please tell me if one wonder is downgraded, the 4th one, will alliance A lose the award for completing 4 ww or that award will stay?

thank you in advance.

DeletedUser8969

just my two cents, but to me it makes sense that the hero world should have the same settings as the server which initiated the hero world. many top players consider morale to be a noob setting. i was a little surprised to see that as a setting on the hero world.

DeletedUser23986

debating goes on:

i am sure this is not what you ment. therefore, if i build 7 wonders, doesn't that also mean i have already built 4? If there is a way an alliance gets to complete 7 wonders without completing 4 first, please help me by posting the example.

And so am i back!Alliance A builds hanging gardens,lighthouse, pyramids and temple of artemis to level 10.Alliance B builds the tomb,collosus of rhodes, statue of zues to level 10.Then it builds the hanging gardens,lighthouse, pyramids and temple of artemis to level 9, and starts attacks on ww cities of alliance A.after conquering 4 cities at demolishing their ww to lvl 9, it builds its own world wonders to lvl10!Alliance B gians the award for 7 ww, but not for 4 ww(only one award is given per world)

could you please tell me if one wonder is downgraded, the 4th one, will alliance A lose the award for completing 4 ww or that award will stay?
Yes the award will stay forever, as their names have gone down the history of grepolis!

thank you in advance.

No need:p

Last edited: