How can this be fun?

DeletedUser

Ok I am one of the few that get kicks out of uber attacks and egging people on and I plan things out to the nuts.

Now however it seems people are just being giant chickens. Aggressiveness builds nations and yet it seems everyone wants to be friends and hide in alliances. How can this be fun?

Now I had a blast egging on Pride and Glory a bit back and getting them to attack where I wanted them to attack and walking into traps. It was fun and hilarious. It even brought some fun to the forums with my pnp's. I even cheesed off the leaders enough for them to quit the game after spending thousands of gold to try and break through my cities.

Pjotri was one of the PB bunch till he quit the alliance and wandered off. He joined another alliance and ate inactives and isolated players or gifted cities from alliances he joined. Now his latest alliance folded when I was starting to target them with random hits and colony ships. What does he do? He has tons of cities so should be able to stand on his own for a while.... he sent our alliance a request to join us again.

buck buck buck...

when he was told no he whined that he cant stand on his own and he will lose his cities.

I dub thee chicken.

While this is not a new sensation by a long shot it shows what I have seen across the worlds. In every world. The older players are hiding in alliances while they have big mouths calling out players (I should mention he called me gutless and a coward before he asked to join us)

People are more interested in taking cities from players that arnt active.. ghost or whatever. I have seen others take cities that are 1.5k because they were the only cities in the players area that wasnt in a larger alliance. Now we are having a ton of players with a larger amount of cities but STILL little action to speak of.

People get bored and start on a new server and play both... till both get too much then they quit one. This drops the world they quit on inactive players making it more boring for the players that still stick around. This entices them to follow suit. Soon we have multiple worlds with 1000 active players.

Dont play multiple worlds... dont be chickens. Go all out on one world... if you lose you lose. start again on a new world if you totally lose out on the world your playing. I have been back for a day and already getting bored and wondering... how can this be fun?

DeletedUser24321

Aggressiveness builds nations and yet it seems everyone wants to be friends and hide in alliances. How can this be fun?

That's because a lot of people are content with just building/simming their cities. I'm guilty of this aswell, when I started playing 2/3 months ago. The whole game can be quite overwhelming at first, certainly when you do not take the time to read up on a couple of beginner guides.

I can also understand why people would hide in alliances, hold hands and sing kumbayaa. It's safe to be in one, it's what an alliance is about, safety in numbers. While MRA's take this to an extreme it does work against the smaller alliances. People aren't kept on their toes by joining an MRA, they slack off and get conquered because they don't learn the essentials of combat. Dodging, the anti-timer, hiding troops, etc.

I had the chance to join a great alliance, which learned me the ropes and I did some learning the hard way. Trial and error, the way it's supposed to be with games like this. But I see a lot of people being discouraged after one or two failed attempts and them losing interest.

I have no clue where I'm going with this. I agree with you, but people are just different. Not everyone has the endurance to continue playing this game after a few failed attempts.

DeletedUser

Hey Cronus, nice vacation?

See you got back just in time to see me and my buddies break the Romans?

Is that a Ghost City I see you taking today?

Hugs'n'kisses

Raskolnika

Milos21

Phrourach
I have played grepo for year, year and a half and there is no cure for this problem. I am yet to play server when world wonders start, but I dont have the patience to wait two years until that happens.
I wish I had a solution for this. daizan proposed revolt draft where active players would split into teams and fight each other.
I wonder how many active players Corinth now has.

DeletedUser

The annoying this is when the players that do hide in alliances, don't even use the advantages of them...
I've taken 3 cities from alliances with over 80 members in the past 1-2 weeks.
If they had asked for support and gotten it, it would have made the fights more interesting.

For instance, I have more ABP than quite a few players from RE...who are 100k
It's a shame people are hiding behind alliances these days.

DeletedUser

Yeah it seems that TVG has the great idea of Conquesting all the 3k ghost cities in O55 lol. They cant hold on to the 10k cities and now they are going to build more cities for us to take or farm, I want to thank them in advance for their generosity! GROW THEM BAD BOYS!!!

DeletedUser

TVG are mostly new players with no expierence, now RE I respect. They go after the big cites but TVG has taken a city below 5k from us, I think they took a few 4k but mostly 6-9k no 10k+ cities.

DeletedUser

Yea because your one to talk about new players with no experience posiden....

DeletedUser

Cronus you are totally correct about players who decide easily to go to the next server without think about it even twice...if you notice all the pre-Athens servers their numbers are all from 800-2500 players,which is bad for the ones who play in there of course....Corinth had a lot fun till it bacame too boring for me,so i had to stop doin something that didnt satisfy me any more...

cheers Corinth,i will miss you..
tiesto08

**PS:Cronus if you remember it,tell socrates to open my mail i last i sent to him..it doesnt contain insults of anything like this,so it will take him less than a minute to read it..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

can this b fun indeed,,well as a new and eager player i set about to build and conquer this world, however i was to find it s not that simple,,so the island i landed on was all beginners except 2 who were joined to bigger alliance after a few days it was apparent that i was growing much faster due to my hard work,,i repeatedly turned down offers from the alliance who had 2 players playin catch up behind me,, so instead of letting them grow to a size that they could both defeat me i decided to attack ,this seemed a good strategy and i had lots of fun after only 10 days as a player i was kickin ,,they scorned me and made proud boasts of their powerful alliance which did send them lots of backup troops,well i guess my relentless attacker badge says it all,not intimidated i began a huge defensive strategy for what surely must come from them, but i guess they decided to do the same,at this point i rescoursefully had teamed up with another hardworking player on a close by island who sent me some defence to protect our 2 man alliance,....

well you guessed it they decided too do noting but gloat about the bigger picture and all this after a beginner player i was pounded and humilliated them repeatedly of course they moved more members onto the island but still nothing,,well after 2 weeks and alot of hard work i had to leave the game <personal circumstances>on my return this is what i found 2 days ago..

they now hold 4/5 of the territory all except my city which my friend p,,,,,,,5 had taken with his new alliance many days after i had not returned, so it seem they never even cared to try and defeat me,even when i wasn there they never even tried as im sure i was considered small fry,,and as things stand on eastside 24 its frightnenly quiet since my departure 6 weeks ago..

however as faith would have i landed west 24 only 9hours away and guess what im back 2 days and my mouth waters as i dream of hoppin back over there 2 finish wat i started,,

i guess as a summary im tryin ta find solutions to inactivity,, yes ultimate control should be the goal we all hold,and i have some marvellous suggestions to try make things more interesting,,,in the meantime im gonna re earn my relentless attacker badge along the way.........

DeletedUser

can this be fun ?

i agree wholeheartedly its time to get some action going and i have posted my first impressions why i think so

DeletedUser

Yea because your one to talk about new players with no experience posiden....

I started Corinth recently and haven't used a single ounce of gold. I had an old account but deleted it because of bordom.

DeletedUser

You started long enough ago that you should have far more points than you do...and haha im sure you did.

DeletedUser

I have been fighting more than usual, you are right I should have more points but I spent 2 weeks without making any upgrades in my city (except for the farm) supporting my allies when TVG first started attacking us. As for my old account believe me or don't, I don't really care. Sorry if that sounded offensive in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes you have clearly done lots of supporting as shown by your whopping 2627 defensive battlepoints...and no need to apologize. Just the fact you said TVG is new players with no experience is hilarious to me and I was just making a point.

DeletedUser

Not all of them, some of them. Detria and her lot have exp. and many others. I have been attacked a whopping 3 times and dodged twice so I have 3/4 of my bp by supporting other people.

DeletedUser23971

I have played in 4 worlds and I think the combination of a huge alliance cap, no morale system means a lot of newer players lose interest.

I recently lost my bigger city (I had 2) - the conquest was well timed, the player was 50 times my size and had over 1000 biremes - 3k troops to hold it.

This was after 45 1k spies and now I'm farmed every 2-3 days

Not ing hence no names or alliance is mentioned and this was good solidly timed work - but if the question is "How can this be fun" - well I don't know.

I do agree you do need to concentrate on a world though, just won't be this one for me.

DeletedUser

this gave me the idea of never joining an alliance again until a couple of months before WW.Lets see what happens!

DeletedUser

Most alliances tend to fall apart at one point but the truly strong ones stay there to the end (excluding PV for obvious reasons)

DeletedUser

no not the truly strong ones. I think it would be the more stubborn ones ;)

An alliance can be extremely stong like PB which has alot of experienced players in it and fold over night. It has more to do with how much a person is willing to give to the world they play in.

we had an alliance on another world about a year ago that was STAFF!! (in your face XXXIII) that were actually on Innogames payroll and the alliance lasted all of about 3 weeks. These were people that knew all the secrets of the game such as how to zero out the randomizer and attack and def tricks.

Its not about strength.. but commitment.