How many languages?

DeletedUser

Just wondering how many people here speak languages other then english.

I speak 2 languages, English and French

What about you guys?

DeletedUser909

This fellow Canadian also speaks English and French. Although my French is ever so rusty. I learned Latin in school. (eons ago) And took Greek in University. (also eons ago, :p)

DeletedUser

This fellow Canadian also speaks English and French. Although my French is ever so rusty. I learned Latin in school. (eons ago) And took Greek in University. (also eons ago, :p)

haha :p

canadian pride :cool:

Im not a fluent speaker, i can probably hold a conversation with a french speaker but i would only be able to understand every other word or something like that.

themighty, im assuming you speak english? Just making sure :p

DeletedUser

I speak english, some german and I am currently attempting to learn Chinese (Pinyin Mandarin).

I took french at secondary school where I got the highest grade but I cannot speak french at all. They dont teach you the language just how to pass the subject :( It was always a language I hated anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I speak english, some german and I am currently attempting to learn Chinese (Pinyin Mandarin).

I took french at secondary school where I got the highest grade but I cannot speak french at all. They dont teach you the language just how to pass the subject :( It was always a language I hated anyway...

:O???

Pourquoi!

:p

DeletedUser10963

i speak dutch, english almost perfectly, ich spreche ein bitshce deutch aber ich verstehe es, je parle un petite peu francais mais je comprendre tout. besides that i know a few words spanish.

DeletedUser

Je deteste le francais.

It's just a language that never clicked with me and was un-interesting which the style of teaching added too. My teacher was as sadistic as she was wide (very) and depressed me quite a lot which you should know is very difficult to do. I did think a ray of hope appeared when we got a beautiful french teacher replacing the old teach which gave me an actual interest in both her and the subject. Sadly, she left to go back to france and left us with "King Kong" again hence my liking of the country diminishing aided by some actions and the government.

Chinese however is just my style... The oriental culture/traditions and good food makes for a happy Sak!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Je deteste le francais.

It's just a language that never clicked with me and was un-interesting which the style of teaching added too. My teacher was as sadistic as she was wide (very) and depressed me quite a lot which you should know is very difficult to do. I did think a ray of hope appeared when we got a beautiful french teacher replacing the old teach which gave me an actual interest in both her and the subject. Sadly, she left to go back to france and left us with "King Kong" again hence my liking of the country diminishing aided by some actions and the government.

Chinese however is just my style... The oriental culture/traditions and good food makes for a happy Sak!

after over years of trying to learn a language, you catch on :p

j'adore le francais, c'est facile pour moi.

DeletedUser

Je deteste le francais parce que c'est inutile et ennuyeux.

I am technically breaking a grepo rule here... :p However I think this should be an exception.

Anyway, just in case, here is a translation.

I hate french because it is useless and annoying. IMO - I stress the IMO.

DeletedUser10963

hehe i have to disagree... all the beautifull girls choose french as class,, XD
so who am i not to ;)

DeletedUser

Je deteste le francais parce que c'est inutile et ennuyeux.

I am technically breaking a grepo rule here... :p However I think this should be an exception.

Anyway, just in case, here is a translation.

I hate french because it is useless and annoying. IMO - I stress the IMO.

i doubt it would be held against us as this is a language thread.

DeletedUser

I speak English, am a third year French student, and I dabble in German somewhat.

DeletedUser

(D)

You trying to learn Chinese too. When you start.

I'm fluent in English and know a tiny bit of spanish and a bit of Chinese NI HAO WORLD