I like the update

DeletedUser

Can somebody explain a logical explanation, and give reasons as to why you hate this update so much? Yes I use to play Iota (a lot) then I eventually drifted away. 2.0 is fun and I like it, I like change. I think people are only afraid of losing their progress. How is it money sucking? I am glad they are updating all the worlds. I only wish they added more impactive content like new troops.

Yeah I may not be a "Grepolis Vet" but I have played Iota for about 6 months. That's enough time to understand just about everything in the game.

DeletedUser

Finally someone with a positive attitude giving 2.0 a chance. And yes, I think people are scared of losing their progress because they have to 'learn' again. It's not that bad really, I have always enjoyed 2.0 more than 1.xx too :)

DeletedUser

V 2.0 in Nu

I've played in Nu since just about the time it opened a year ago.

When I heard the update was coming I started an account in Corinth to get a feel for the new version. The new version felt fine with a new account and a single city.

It's dreadful in Nu where I have 39 cities. Several old time players have already quit or decided to concentrate their time on one world.

Adapting to the new farming system is cumbersome. I didn't think it would matter that much because i don't farm much. but I do trade a lot and now I have to go conquer villages in order to trade.

In addition I had a method for maximizing farming in the old system, so when I would farm I could gain lots of resources. Now the only way to gain resources is to spend a lot of resources "expanding" villages and farming frequently -- as in every 5-10 minutes. Since I have a real life and a real job I am not a player that is on 24/7 and the 5-10 minute cycle doesn't work for me.

Furthermore there's no logical way of organizing cities for farming. If I'm in city A setting up festivals or building and I want to farm city A I have to find city A on a long list that is organized by island -- not even alphabetically. It's non-intuitive to say the least.

Finally when I started there were no "wonders" and thus a strategy aimed at developing wonder was moot. So late in the game we are also faced with deciding if we should aim for wonder or play on and hope for the best.

So I'm faced with a decision, do I stay and not let down my team-mates with whom I've been playing or do I give up this silliness and find another game that hopefully won't decide to make major changes.

Most business models let old versions of a program or device continue to work, even when the device is update. Microsoft 2003 still runs. My original Kindle still works, even though i have the most recent version.

Who made the business decision to upgrade the old worlds. Those of us playing the old were quite happy and those that weren't could have picked up and moved to a new one at any time.

As a paying customer, I am not pleased.

DeletedUser

Why is everybody angry with the five minute farming thing? They don't have to, and there is nothing wrong with Inno trying to get you to play more. I just pick the 2 hour one all the time.

DeletedUser

I find the whole thing makes it harder/slower to manage with more cities. Whereas before changing city also changed the map location, now I have to change city then refresh the page to change map location (if I don't could someone tell me a quicker way). 2.0 worlds where already set up, why convert old ones?

DeletedUser18132

Cloud, there is a little button near the map that says "jump to current city". Click on it.

DeletedUser

How many cities do you have spartin? 5? 10?

Try playing without premium with 50 or more cities and you will see why people call it a money version.

Also, there are plenty of threads with people stating why they dislike the version so no point asking them here. If you are just expressing your own opinion on the fact that you like it, that is fine.

DeletedUser

Really? I haven't really dug in but all they say is that they don't like 2.0 and say extremely rough reasons why.

DeletedUser

People don't like it mainly (imo) because of the new farming.
They have to conquer the farming villages, but what if they have 50 different islands to conquer farms on? And what do you do if you have a pure bireme nuke of an island?

They should have just given every player 3 or 4 of the farms on each of their islands, then there would be much less hate going around.

DeletedUser

I don't think people hate it because of the farms, of course they don't like them but that's not the real reason. The main reason why people hate it is because it's laggy and has a lot of bugs. Also the fact that you have to pay to be anywhere near as good as those who do.

I used to be pro at timing and now after the timing I did yesterday I wanted to quit, I missed half my attacks and all my supports were screwed up because I couldn't recall and resend fast enough, 20 seconds to load a frickin window is rediculous.

DeletedUser

How many cities do you have spartin? 5? 10?

Try playing without premium with 50 or more cities and you will see why people call it a money version.

Also, there are plenty of threads with people stating why they dislike the version so no point asking them here. If you are just expressing your own opinion on the fact that you like it, that is fine.
Playing 1.26 with 50 cities without premium (esp. admin) was also close to impossible..

Or you were extremely dedicated, but then 2.0 shouldn't be a problem without admin either.

DeletedUser4013

I don't think people hate it because of the farms, of course they don't like them but that's not the real reason. The main reason why people hate it is because it's laggy and has a lot of bugs. Also the fact that you have to pay to be anywhere near as good as those who do.

I used to be pro at timing and now after the timing I did yesterday I wanted to quit, I missed half my attacks and all my supports were screwed up because I couldn't recall and resend fast enough, 20 seconds to load a frickin window is rediculous.

DX, the timing issues are more likely due to the lags. You're still pro at it, but many players are having that issue as well. Unfortunately it's compounded by the fact that the anti-timer kicks in as well.

DeletedUser20849

I've played in Nu since just about the time it opened a year ago.

When I heard the update was coming I started an account in Corinth to get a feel for the new version. The new version felt fine with a new account and a single city.

It's dreadful in Nu where I have 39 cities. Several old time players have already quit or decided to concentrate their time on one world.

Adapting to the new farming system is cumbersome. I didn't think it would matter that much because i don't farm much. but I do trade a lot and now I have to go conquer villages in order to trade.

In addition I had a method for maximizing farming in the old system, so when I would farm I could gain lots of resources. Now the only way to gain resources is to spend a lot of resources "expanding" villages and farming frequently -- as in every 5-10 minutes. Since I have a real life and a real job I am not a player that is on 24/7 and the 5-10 minute cycle doesn't work for me.

Furthermore there's no logical way of organizing cities for farming. If I'm in city A setting up festivals or building and I want to farm city A I have to find city A on a long list that is organized by island -- not even alphabetically. It's non-intuitive to say the least.

Finally when I started there were no "wonders" and thus a strategy aimed at developing wonder was moot. So late in the game we are also faced with deciding if we should aim for wonder or play on and hope for the best.

So I'm faced with a decision, do I stay and not let down my team-mates with whom I've been playing or do I give up this silliness and find another game that hopefully won't decide to make major changes.

Most business models let old versions of a program or device continue to work, even when the device is update. Microsoft 2003 still runs. My original Kindle still works, even though i have the most recent version.

Who made the business decision to upgrade the old worlds. Those of us playing the old were quite happy and those that weren't could have picked up and moved to a new one at any time.

As a paying customer, I am not pleased.

for your information. if you put number or letters at the start of your city. Lets say its in ocean 54 and its called i like cheese. It will be city A well put 54A i like cheese as the name. and then you put every city you have in ocean 54 as 54a, 54b,etc and lets say you have cities in 74 too? so 74A (city name) 74B, etc it keeps them organized and listed by ocean i hope this helped erato51

DX, the timing issues are more likely due to the lags. You're still pro at it, but many players are having that issue as well. Unfortunately it's compounded by the fact that the anti-timer kicks in as well.
hes right you know though it was never this bad i think when the advent gifts came out it messed it up when they go away it should work better but then again it could be the update of worlds to 2.0 it just happens you cant expect to fix something and something else not mess up thats not how the world works :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I guess there is no point of mourning about it. Nothing can be done, change is change.

DeletedUser20849

Well I guess there is no point of mourning about it. Nothing can be done, change is change.
not saying 1.0 was bad i played 2.0 1st though i tried a 1.0 didnt like it at all but nontheless i see innogames maybe making a mistake maybe they shouldve made a gepolis 1.0 site and a grepo 2.0 site that way they wouldnt conflict with each other because of the seperate logins and such since so many people have quit and all but they'll have all the laging and some of the bigger bugs fixed by next month otherwise im gonna be :Angry: cuz this lag is very irritating lol 40 mins to farm with captain in use mind you for 16 cities... this morning not a good time to mess with me lol my comp bout went through the window :p

DeletedUser

A defensive troop or a offensive troop must have a movable farming troop. That is a fact even in latter world. A given city specialized in any sense must start in a scratch. What can a troop to farm do to specialize your city>

DeletedUser20849

A defensive troop or a offensive troop must have a movable farming troop. That is a fact even in latter world. A given city specialized in any sense must start in a scratch. What can a troop to farm do to specialize your city>
um can you fix this cant understand it dude..? :heh:

DeletedUser

For me, i do like most of the new changes, especially Hades and support bp. I rarely farmed anyway in 1.26 so the new change did not affect me much. The biggest problem is laggy map for me, but this alone is not enough to make me dislike 2.0

DeletedUser

I played Alpha for about 2 months and Zeta for about a month. Didn't come back to the game till Tau a year later where I played for 4 or 5 months on that server. I prefer 2.xx Granted its very buggy and very annoying sometimes. In Delphi at the moment I have to make sure I leave a big enough time span while taking the anti-timer into account before sending a colony ship so I know my clearings will get there at a decent time.