LoD/Ateam vs DoW/BOOM ---- WAR

DeletedUser

I can't have a bigger loathing of disgust then i feel against that disrespectful of a player the likes of andrea and The River alliance then i feel now.

I joined thebes to pay my respect to one of the greatest players and nicest persons you could meet and have the honour of playing with. Rest In Peace Spooky

2vd1z6p.jpg

Maybe I'm a jerk or something, but honestly, I don't see how Spooky's cities make any kind of difference what happens to them. This is just a game. I would argue that Spooky's former alliance is using his death to keep his cities. I never knew him, but people, this is just a game.

DeletedUser19042

Maybe I'm a jerk or something, but honestly, I don't see how Spooky's cities make any kind of difference what happens to them. This is just a game. I would argue that Spooky's former alliance is using his death to keep his cities. I never knew him, but people, this is just a game.

Listen up buddy.

I knew Spooky from an other world. And I was an enemy of him. And I pay great respect to him and you should as well. In no way his alliance takes advantage of his death. It's rude to assume that happens!

And yes, this is just a game. But that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be 'touched' by the sudden death of one of our 'game friends' !

DeletedUser

Because Spook would have been one of the first people to reach out and offer a cease fire while River/TU got there house in order had the shoe been on the other foot. That is why he was such liked person, he saw this as the game it was, just a game.

DeletedUser

DogGonnit, get that right rather, it is costing me CP to fix the abysmal state of your darned Academies when I take your cities...
I think you're missing his point, he wrecks his acadamies to make his cities undesirable? Hey, it's a strategy!

DeletedUser

Just expressing my honest opinion here. It's always painful to lose a good friend, be it in real life or online. But sometimes people play this game to escape from RL, and not to be reminded about the losses they experience in RL. Now do you know for sure that 'The River' knows Spooky died because they might think he just went inactive. Not cool of them if they know he died and are still trying to annoy you but not cool of you as well to make em look so bad on the ext forums right now without hearing their end of the story. Just my opinion of course.

You make a good point about escapism.
I never "knew" Spookytooth, but I was an enemy of his on another server, although we never traded BP. From the eulogies posted here I understand he was a good player, and a good leader.
My alliance hasn't renamed itself temporarily. Personal choice, but sadly it seems Thebes is going through a lot of this at the moment. My thoughts are with the family and (RL) friends that he's left behind - they are the ones who've suffered a loss.

I wish people would remember that this is a war game. Terrible things happen in wars in RL. The outrage posted on this thread is laughable, except it's not really funny. I'd hate to meet some of these people in RL. From what I've heard, Spooky I would've had a pint with. May he Rest In Peace.