Morale Survey

DeletedUser

I opened this thread because the survey one at the top was closed. I think a lot of people that voted on the survey honestly misread the question.

There is no way that it had all the votes against it, and then all the sudden it does an 180.

I understand why morale was implemented in the first place, but it had a bad effect the first time around, so I don't see why they just don't keep it out of the existing worlds all together. They have easier worlds that are a lot newer for players that aren't able to keep up to go play on. They have way better ideas that haven't been done, for example: militia. I don't see why something can't be done so we get BP for killing militia. I know the point of morale is to try to give the smaller players a chance, but what I think you should do is lock Alpha, so nobody new can join, let them join the worlds like Zeta, or Eta. They stand a way better chance in those worlds as they're not really established like Alpha & Beta. The players that are already on Alpha & Beta, started near the people the same size, it's not our fault that other players cannot keep up with our progress. As all people playing this game know, it's already favored on the defenders side versus the attacker so I really don't see why they would even want to make it even more so. If you're going to implement morale, the only logical thing you could do to make it fair, would be to up the transport/lightship/bireme speed to near the 40's in speed.

Rank Name Points Alliance Cities Average points
1 25 2 Life 122858 TW-Shadow 13 9451
2 artofme 98810 Artemis 11 8983
3 Zerynthia 85016 Artemis 7 12145
4 nolimit101 76663 Artemis 8 9583
5 Maticus 73787 Artemis 10 7379

Those are the top 5 players in my ocean. For reasons I won't discuss, I will not attack Artemis. So the next choice would be:

31 barton 41000 The Aegean Empire 6 6833

Even with his total points, the morale would give me the lowest possible roll because I'm nearly 170k total. That means I would have to travel to other oceans to actually attack people my size, and any good player that is active will just dodge the attack, or get support. That means by the time your attack lands 24+ hours later, you either won't get through because they've had the chance to stack the city with 500+biremes, or he will just dodge. So you've traveled all that way for nothing at all. That will just make so many people quit, because all the game will be then is The Sims. Which means you slowly work your way into other Oceans by having to start from scratch and move from island to island because of a colony ship travel time rule that was already implemented. I foresee many people quitting because of this, as it was made obvious at all the people quitting the first time it was implemented and it was only on for a day or so. Just think about the consequences if it were to be implemented for good.

DeletedUser

Well 2000 players out of some 78000 is hardly a worthwhile survey. In addition, I would be interested in seeing how many of the bigger players are on vacation mode who did not see the survey. Anyway....Innogames is going to do what they believe is best for the advancement of their game and increase the number of players to drive profits from PP and advertising. Can't fault them for that now can we?

DeletedUser5

There is no way that it had all the votes against it, and then all the sudden it does an 180.

You have to remember that the forum is a very small cross section of the community as a whole. The forum users views are not everyone's views.

Those are the top 5 players in my ocean. For reasons I won't discuss, I will not attack Artemis. So the next choice would be:

31 barton 41000 The Aegean Empire 6 6833

So what you're basically doing is limiting the players that you can attack yourself. The game is not limiting who you can and can't attack.

DeletedUser

You have to remember that the forum is a very small cross section of the community as a whole. The forum users views are not everyone's views.

So what you're basically doing is limiting the players that you can attack yourself. The game is not limiting who you can and can't attack.

If you played the game, you would understand agreements between alliances. I'm not limiting anything.

DeletedUser5

Regardless of whether I play the game or not. I understand about agreements between alliances. But you're blaming the game for limiting who you can and cannot attack, when it is you and your alliance that has limited who you can attack.

DeletedUser

Regardless of whether I play the game or not. I understand about agreements between alliances. But you're blaming the game for limiting who you can and cannot attack, when it is you and your alliance that has limited who you can attack.

Am I now? Would you please show me where I blamed the game for anything? If I recall as I'm reading my post right now, I was simply stating that morale was a bad idea on existing servers, but I do understand why they're trying to implement it, but again it's a bad idea.

DeletedUser

What needs to be done is for Alpha, beta and gamma to be locked and be turned into a vanilla world (prone to updates) this would make it fine and let the old players play the game they have known for 5 months

DeletedUser1359

let the old players play the game they have known for 5 months

After playing this game for 5 months and reading this forum on a daily basis i must say this is the most sensible thing I have seen written

by all means let the devs improve the graphics, menus, forums, maps, speed etc but please leave the rules of the game as they are.

Many of us have devoted many hours to this game. I play for about 2 hours a day (and much longer when I bored at work) and we don't like to see the goal posts being moved.

DeletedUser

i want to know where the poll from the closed thread was taken i didnt get to vote on it the one we all voted on was for NO MORALE

DeletedUser

I actually reread the question a couple times to make sure I understood which way to vote. It did seem a little wordy or something. If someone wasn't careful in the way they read it I could see how they might vote the wrong way.

DeletedUser

I find it highly offensive that, after the HUGE turnout of people who voted AGAINST morale and defeated it hands down... Inno comes up with some new morale survey that has questionable word choice, and now all of a sudden, we are expected to believe that the majority of players on world alpha actually support the morale system, as it WAS...

seems akin to fixing elections to me
and now anyone who complains about it will be portrayed as "against the will of the majority", when we all know that the majority of people on alpha were entirely against the morale system

DeletedUser

I find it highly offensive that, after the HUGE turnout of people who voted AGAINST morale and defeated it hands down... Inno comes up with some new morale survey that has questionable word choice, and now all of a sudden, we are expected to believe that the majority of players on world alpha actually support the morale system, as it WAS...

seems akin to fixing elections to me
and now anyone who complains about it will be portrayed as "against the will of the majority", when we all know that the majority of people on alpha were entirely against the morale system

You mean the majority of the people who use the forums were against morale?

This was sent to all players in every server.

DeletedUser

You mean the majority of the people who use the forums were against morale?

yeah, and since the majority of active players use the forums, and since active players make up a majority of PAYING customers to this game... then the survey in the forums was a perfectly viable way to get everyone's opinion.

and overwhelmingly, everyone voted against the morale upgrade.

This was sent to all players in every server.

as a link to an EXTERNAL survey website
once again, they had a perfectly legitimate survey on the OFFICIAL public forums for grepolis
everyone voted it down. in overwhelming numbers
so next, they send out this spammy email saying we are all supposed to go to some external website to participate in the SAME survey again... except this time, magically, the numbers are overwhelmingly in favor of the morale system...

I'm sorry but something is very fishy about this. why could the email not direct people to take the survey on the official forums? why was an external website necessary? and how do you expect any of the active players who voted the first time to believe that SOMEHOW, all of a sudden, a 180 degree turn in public opinion occurred when there were NO CHANGES made to the proposed morale system?

DeletedUser

yeah, and since the majority of active players use the forums, and since active players make up a majority of PAYING customers to this game... then the survey in the forums was a perfectly viable way to get everyone's opinion.

Really. I suppose you have detailed breakdown of Innogames income from this game do you? You know the exact ratios of paying customers:forum users?

Regardless of that, everyone who plays the game has a valid opinion, in exactly the same way that the rules are applied to paying and non paying players in exactly the same way.

and overwhelmingly, everyone voted against the morale upgrade.

as a link to an EXTERNAL survey website
once again, they had a perfectly legitimate survey on the OFFICIAL public forums for grepolis
everyone voted it down. in overwhelming numbers
so next, they send out this spammy email saying we are all supposed to go to some external website to participate in the SAME survey again... except this time, magically, the numbers are overwhelmingly in favor of the morale system...

I'm sorry but something is very fishy about this. why could the email not direct people to take the survey on the official forums? why was an external website necessary? and how do you expect any of the active players who voted the first time to believe that SOMEHOW, all of a sudden, a 180 degree turn in public opinion occurred when there were NO CHANGES made to the proposed morale system?

A few points to note here.

1) The external forums require you to register to vote. The site we were directed to did not, hopefully more people will have voted as they did not have to register, infact more people did vote as shown in point 2.

2) The number of voters in total for the forum vote was 828. The number of voters playing Alpha for this vote was 2,328, with 584 no votes. Fair bit of difference there. That doesn't include any of the other servers.

You seem to fail to realise that the people who use the forum only make up a small percentage of the people who play the game. Just because the forum users vote one way does not mean that all players will vote that way.

DeletedUser

Really. I suppose you have detailed breakdown of Innogames income from this game do you? You know the exact ratios of paying customers:forum users?

and I suppose you have some equally official proof that I'm wrong too; and obviously you can site a detailed breakdown of Inno's income from the game
oh wait, you can't

its simple logic my friend, and also a known and accepted fact; and I'm sorry to have to point out to you that a very high percentage of active players tend to also use the forums, as the forums are a part of the game

Regardless of that, everyone who plays the game has a valid opinion, in exactly the same way that the rules are applied to paying and non paying players in exactly the same way.

I never said anyone did or did not have a right to express that valid opinion
my point is that they already did
because Inno put the survey up in the official public forums, that anyone who has a valid account can gain access to
people who chose not to vote, or aren't active enough to know that a survey took place... they missed their chance

1) The external forums require you to register to vote. The site we were directed to did not, hopefully more people will have voted as they did not have to register, infact more people did vote as shown in point 2.

first off, registering for the forums takes very little time, and I highly doubt that had anything to do with the supposed "low" turnout of the first vote that you contend. in fact, the reason only 800 out of the total population of world alpha votes is because those are THE ONLY ACTIVE PLAYERS in world alpha.

secondly, the lack of registration is not a good thing; it removes all transparency from the voting. I am not even informed of the current results when I cast my vote at the external website. however, the survey in the forums showed a running total, and was completely transparent. we all have to just take Inno's word that those are the actual results of the survey

2) The number of voters in total for the forum vote was 828. The number of voters playing Alpha for this vote was 2,328, with 584 no votes. Fair bit of difference there. That doesn't include any of the other servers.

so why didn't those 2000 extra voters participate the first time the survey was conducted in the forums? because they log in SO INFREQUENTLY that they have never used or even viewed the public forums. they do not use premium; Inno gains no income from them. They are the very types of players that instituting a morale system will allow the continuation of their existence. and that makes no sense; why protect crappy players who login less then once a week?

You seem to fail to realise that the people who use the forum only make up a small percentage of the people who play the game. Just because the forum users vote one way does not mean that all players will vote that way.

you seem to fail to realize that your definition of people who "play the game" is just a little too generous

I don't consider someone who logs in once every two weeks to be "playing the game". and regardless of what myself and others define as a truly active player who is actually "playing" this game (which is a matter of opinion), I think your idea of who is playing this game is vastly different then what the majority of players believe

there is no reason that the survey taken in the official world alpha forum for this game, ran by Inno, is somehow invalid and needs to be retaken on some external website, so as to ensure more random people who don't even play world alpha can vote and overturn the results that were already OVERWHELMINGLY established with the first vote
throughout tribal wars, the-west, and this game, votes are all done on the public forums. why for this particular issue, was the first vote not enough? Because Inno didn't like the outcome.

DeletedUser

This is funny guys....I just downloaded the data....again... we have 83014 players on Alpha representing 102081 cities or 1.22 cities per player. There are some 6184 players with ZERO points.

2328/83014 = 2.8%

Representative sampling . . . now I know some of you are not good at math, or reading, or critical thinking but surely you can see the validity of this survey. Its BS.

DeletedUser

The wording of the question was really iffy, and if people didn't read it thoroughly then I bet they voted wrong.

The question should of been simple and to the point, which it wasn't. Then add the fact that when the poll was this forum, it was nearly voted on by 1000 players, and this new other one didn't have nearly as many people. Over 600 people voted against it, if not more, as I don't remember the exact numbers, then when it comes around again it had less than 1/4th of that number? Something's fishy there.

DeletedUser

Really. I suppose you have detailed breakdown of Innogames income from this game do you? You know the exact ratios of paying customers:forum users?.......

Of course.
829:6567.

828 voters
6567 registered forum members
1 paying customer was sick when the vote was running, so she's excused.

DeletedUser

and I suppose you have some equally official proof that I'm wrong too; and obviously you can site a detailed breakdown of Inno's income from the game
oh wait, you can't
its simple logic my friend, and also a known and accepted fact; and I'm sorry to have to point out to you that a very high percentage of active players tend to also use the forums, as the forums are a part of the game

Sorry but nothing of what you have posted proves your claims. I don't have to disprove them I simply want to see you post some actual proof of your claims regarding premium purchases. If you cannot prove that then do not make that claim.

I never said anyone did or did not have a right to express that valid opinion
my point is that they already did
because Inno put the survey up in the official public forums, that anyone who has a valid account can gain access to
people who chose not to vote, or aren't active enough to know that a survey took place... they missed their chance

And unless you are a regular forum user or found out about it from someone who is how were you meant to know it's there?

I think we can see from the number of players to the number of registered users that not everyone partakes of the forum. This doesn't necessarly mean they are less active, it might simply be that they do not wish to register for them, they might simply not want to be part of them.

first off, registering for the forums takes very little time, and I highly doubt that had anything to do with the supposed "low" turnout of the first vote that you contend. in fact, the reason only 800 out of the total population of world alpha votes is because those are THE ONLY ACTIVE PLAYERS in world alpha.

Ah, so all 828 people that voted are alpha players yes? No. The 828 votes came from all forum users across the worlds. Again forum participation does not necessarly mean a lack of activity.

I used to play tribal wars. I was highly active there in game. However I rarely visited the forums as I had no wish to have to partake of the 'community' there. My lack of activity on the forums does not correlate to my activity on the game itself, therefore you cannot generalise the same thing here.

secondly, the lack of registration is not a good thing; it removes all transparency from the voting. I am not even informed of the current results when I cast my vote at the external website. however, the survey in the forums showed a running total, and was completely transparent. we all have to just take Inno's word that those are the actual results of the survey

So now you are basically accusing innogames of lieing to the customer base?

so why didn't those 2000 extra voters participate the first time the survey was conducted in the forums? because they log in SO INFREQUENTLY that they have never used or even viewed the public forums. they do not use premium; Inno gains no income from them. They are the very types of players that instituting a morale system will allow the continuation of their existence. and that makes no sense; why protect crappy players who login less then once a week?

you seem to fail to realize that your definition of people who "play the game" is just a little too generous

I don't consider someone who logs in once every two weeks to be "playing the game". and regardless of what myself and others define as a truly active player who is actually "playing" this game (which is a matter of opinion), I think your idea of who is playing this game is vastly different then what the majority of players believe

Again, you have absolutely no evidence of this, so I ask that you stop making claims which you cannot prove.

I'm not going to repeat my whole point above. But Forum usage =/= activity. This is the premise of your whole arguement and it's wrong.

there is no reason that the survey taken in the official world alpha forum for this game, ran by Inno, is somehow invalid and needs to be retaken on some external website, so as to ensure more random people who don't even play world alpha can vote and overturn the results that were already OVERWHELMINGLY established with the first vote
throughout tribal wars, the-west, and this game, votes are all done on the public forums. why for this particular issue, was the first vote not enough? Because Inno didn't like the outcome.

Because over 10 times as many people voted over the 5 worlds.

Total votes on the forum - 828. Total votes accross the 5 worlds - 8,975.

This is funny guys....I just downloaded the data....again... we have 83014 players on Alpha representing 102081 cities or 1.22 cities per player. There are some 6184 players with ZERO points.

2328/83014 = 2.8%

Representative sampling . . . now I know some of you are not good at math, or reading, or critical thinking but surely you can see the validity of this survey. Its BS.

It's more representative then 828 accross all the worlds.

The wording of the question was really iffy, and if people didn't read it thoroughly then I bet they voted wrong.

The question should of been simple and to the point, which it wasn't. Then add the fact that when the poll was this forum, it was nearly voted on by 1000 players, and this new other one didn't have nearly as many people. Over 600 people voted against it, if not more, as I don't remember the exact numbers, then when it comes around again it had less than 1/4th of that number? Something's fishy there.

This vote had a lot more people vote on it. See my previous posts for exact figures.

Of course.
829:6567.

828 voters
6567 registered forum members
1 paying customer was sick when the vote was running, so she's excused.

I'll take that as being tongue in cheek. I would certainly hope you don't believe the only people that voted are those that pay. Also you missed the exact breakdown of premium users accross the game :Smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But it is not representative . . . furry your job is to moderate the forums not to articulate offical position without said position being posted by your superiors. I respect that you want to stick up for the game, but you're hardly an unbiased person. The game is losing significant players now. Does that bother you?

I know you hardly play the game, which is a disservice, but try and think of a player who knows how to play the game successfully.

Last edited by a moderator: