Inactive Topic New Way Of Attack- Waves

DeletedUser

Proposal:
A player would be able to (while in the attack menu) select which units attack first and which units attack together, like waves. Sort of a way to make an assualt easier on certain troops to boost their chance of survival. Say my enemy has an abundace of Chariots/Hoplites and I had a Cyclops, I would want to soften them up before send it in right?

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Checked through a few pages, nothing similar.

Reason:
To make the attacking format more realistic for the player. It will also put another factor of strategy and thought into to game that I think would be ideal. It could also help with the Conquering process.

Details:
In the attacking menu, there would options for 3-5 waves for your troops to attack in. When the attack arrives, the battle starts. During the battle, comes the "waves". the only thing changed would be the way the troops engage, sort of like the breakthrough attack.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
A new deffense system.

Abuse Prevention:
Not Sure.

Summary:
"Waves" of attacks that make attacking more realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

Maybe as a research, but Im not sure.

For some reaso I keep hearing something scream abuse, but cant findd what it is.

Ill say yes for now, but might change later

DeletedUser

yes, it does seem as if abuse could be a problem, but like I said, im not sure.

DeletedUser

How exactly are you going to prioritize attacks that aren't on the same second, without removing the effect of the anti-timer, or timing attacks properly?

DeletedUser

Its not that idea exactly, the attack lands at a normal time, but the battle is the part you would be modifying.

DeletedUser

I'll need to double check the simulator, but from my knowledge it tends to be a better idea to send everything at once than a bunch of smaller attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varun

Strategos
You're right. It gives the opponent time to regroup cuz' the speed of all the troops aren't exactly the same. Ans in a game like Grepo even speed matters. Trust me, Luke, 2 and a half years of Grepo has surely taught me that... :)

DeletedUser

I dont think you understand the idea exactly.. When the attack arrives, the battle starts. During the battle, comes the "waves". the only thing changed would be the way the troops engage, sort of like the breakthrough attack.

DeletedUser

I dont think you understand the idea exactly.. When the attack arrives, the battle starts. During the battle, comes the "waves". the only thing changed would be the way the troops engage, sort of like the breakthrough attack.

The way I understand it, It would still be one attack, but would be treated as multiple attacks in a sense.

You may want to clarify the OP then.

Varun

Strategos

Yeah, that would be good but that would surely increase the coding required cuz if such option is offered for offense then the same will have to be done for defense. It has to be a balance, you know.

DeletedUser

No. The skill is in timing multiple attacks to land after each other in waves.

This idea would just take away some of the bonus of having some skill in this game.

Although if you can convince me that this will not affect skill in this game, I will be swayed. Good interesting, and creative idea.

Yeah, that would be good but that would surely increase the coding required cuz if such option is offered for offense then the same will have to be done for defense. It has to be a balance, you know.

There was an idea on defensive priority fighting, can't remember where. But it was there. Could dual-idea this.

DeletedUser

The skill part is in deciding which units will engage when, of course you could still time attacks, but this would make the battle system more realistic. The place I got this idea was the thread about fire ships engaging first. I would also like to see, if this system is implemented there would also be a different system of deffense, like varun said.

Varun

Strategos
Yup. Then the old idea about choosing which of ur troops can be on defense/offense will come through.

DeletedUser

That isn't really skill.

Also this would make it far harder to defend. Ruining the already precarious balance that is tilted to Defense.

Link this idea to the Defensive Version of this idea (get in touch with the Idea Owner) and my suggestion is create a dual-idea thread which links both of the ideas together to maintain the balance.

DeletedUser

In all respect, but timing attacks posses no skill either.. Its just math and clicking a button at the right time. But back to the main idea, I am new to the forums, and I dont know how to do a dual-idea thread.

DeletedUser

Just track down the other idea I was talking about.

Idea I was Talking About (I think it is City Guard)
- Allows Defenders to set up a City Guard
- Allows Player to place defensive unit first to match the attack waves before the offensive units.

I have no idea where it is, or who the owner of the idea is. I think the Idea Name is City Guard?

When you find it, contact the owner of the idea and ask him to help you set up a dual-idea.

Dual Idea is basically 2 ideas in one thread, which compliment each other.

DeletedUser

Well, I went to page five of the main ideas forum and nothing came up. I will go ahead and check the first 5 pages on improvements and developments.