On Notice

DeletedUser

I only know the answers to 2 and 3,

There was an announcement about v1.12,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser829

As I said, i'm a software engineer, our spelling is next to none!

The anouncement gave no basic information to the changes. Moralee calculations were not available, people had absolutely NO idea what InnoGames was actually planning.

Revolt? yes Zues said not on primary servers.
Morale, anchor points, disappearing villages, ARMIES lost because they were hiding in grey villages.

yes when a grey village goes anchor, it kills all units in it. What uselessness is that?

Developers should know how to document what's going on. If my team was to do a release like 1.12 with our software, we'd either be fired or written up.

DeletedUser

As I said, i'm a software engineer,
Developers should know how to document what's going on. If my team was to do a release like 1.12 with our software, we'd either be fired or written up.

well put gulio, this update screwed up the game pretty bad

DeletedUser

The anouncement gave no basic information to the changes. Moralee calculations were not available, people had absolutely NO idea what InnoGames was actually planning.

Morale, anchor points, disappearing villages, ARMIES lost because they were hiding in grey villages.

yes when a grey village goes anchor, it kills all units in it. What uselessness is that?

You got one little important fact....

If you send a farming squad to a village about to be made into a ANCHOR it will disappear as well......I HAVE HAD TWO FARMING SQUADS disappear WHEN I SENT then to farm a village and shortly after I sent them the village was converted into an ANCHOR....

Not to sure about farming small villages.....anymore....

DeletedUser

as a fellow software engineer, I agree with you 100% on all counts
I have always wondered where the Inno developers learned software engineering myself... lack of testing software updates before releasing them to the wild is only one item in a long list of "no-nos" that anyone who obtained even a B.S. in Computer Science (or heck, anyone that just worked in industry for a few years) would know (and follow) like the back of their hand

regarding the armies disappearing when abandoned cities go "anchor", that is just straight up inexcusable and once again, how on earth would even the most simple of testing (or the most simple THOUGHT EXPERIMENT) not reveal that bug, which constitutes straight up robbery in my opinion

DeletedUser

Yes the fact that whole armies have disappeared on players is most is a most disturbing fact and so far inno games response is unsatifactory

DeletedUser

Agreed that if a village becomes anchor, armies in that village will die, but WHY GIVE PEOPLE SURPRISE?? lol, warn them atleast, rather than giving em birthday gifts :p

And making those villages become anchors where ppl quit below 400 points is fine.. Making 3k point villages who we lost resources and troops on, what utter non sense??

I know it's not in the hands of the mods, but well, u r the ones we show our anger to... hehehhe :)

DeletedUser

I only know the answers to 2 and 3,

There was an announcement about v1.12,

So u mean that announcement stated
1) Ur farms are gonna become anchors, pls remove troops fast??
Bull it was

yeah morale part was there, but unless i didn't read properly, it didn't say that the villages u all put time and resources into to secure ur islands, they will become anchors..
pls paste it here, if it was written, and even if it was, it is the gamers who have invested the money in this game.. Now thanks to the stupid changes, there money is as good as flushed down the toilet..
So if it's our money, we do need explanations, proper ones..

For all we know, tomorrow a version 1.13 will come which will tell, PEOPLE CAN"T HAVE MORE THAN 20 VILLAGES, THANK U FOR UR TIME, and what'd u all expect us to do??

DeletedUser829

I don't mean to say the Inno Games developers are idiots. Far from that fact. They have done some outstanding work with the scripting on this game (yes PHP is scripting).

But it's the lack of communication with the end users. Aside from a few bugs, or un-documented features, the system isn't that glitchy when compared to other games that were released in the same time frame - especially web games which has to accomodate for so many variables.

I would honestly suggest giving us a road map for where you invision this game going.

We play it. We play it well. We can tell you if something is bone-headed. The beta server isn't as focused as we are. Anyone I know that plays beta logs in once every few days, while they log into this game 5x-10x a day.

DeletedUser

it says in the T+C which everyone agreed to that they have the right to change any aspect of the game to reach "a larger circle of players". You had to see this coming with the sheer amount of complaints from those "time to time" players.

DeletedUser829

Well as it stands, we have these islands popping up near us. Own your own chunk of green lawn:

totallytotallyabandon.jpg

DeletedUser

I am actively looking for another gaming experience.

I honestly do not understand what is occurring with Grepolis. The recent updates made it more difficult for active players, drawing out what is already a prolonged, plodding gaming venture. Then the gray farms started disappearing, having the same effect in essence.

It's sad, in a sense. The only online browser games I have ever participated in have been Inno's games, so I've certainly been loyal and a paying customer since July 2006.

But poop souffle, even if it's presented with gusto and bright lights and pretty decorations, well, it still tastes like poop.

EDIT: If you have a problem with moderation pm me, or The Imposter. Do not post about it.

DeletedUser

Private message not needed. Obviously my words were read but did not resonate.

I made no personal attack and do not understand which regulation I violated in my post, but it's irrelevant at this point, really. I will say a small, quiet prayer for the death of this forum.

Thanks folks.

DeletedUser829

I'm not sure about the anchor points either.

heck - if you want anchor points - change the requirements for new villages.

100BP for a victory procession.
10 gold for a olympics

cut it all in half.

That way there are more villages. more villages mean people will spend money for administrator.

If people could have 2x the villages, there would be 2x the farms, 2x the fighting and 2x the fun.

Or... merge all worlds.

DeletedUser

Leave everything as it was. I understand the game always needs updates to improve gameplay - but a BIG 'impact change' should be put up for a vote first on the said world - because all you will get is a revolt and players leaving the game.

Do not change what does not need to change.

You wouldn't see TW changing W8 settings so that the world with the most villages in all of TW, all the barbs start growing and become 2k barbs. It's a massive change. Don't do it.

I ask you to consider the players thoughts on this world.

Otherwise, I'll end up joining another new game and kick DDW & TW's *** all over again.... unless of course I join with them, then that's a different kettle of fish :)

DeletedUser829

Big fish
little fish
card board box

WE"RE ALL HAVING FUN!

@Innogames - what is your end game for this? what are you planning in the long run? Maybe you had a huge cool awesome bodatious feature you wanted to implement... but needed time to do it and these changes to take place first... if so LET US KNOW!

It's like Salt.

Sodium on it's own will kill you (morale)
Cloride on it's own will kill you (stupid grey anchor poopy things (can't say the c word))

That makes Salt - it's great when put on things that need salt.

Do you have something that needs salt?
However you put them together and oh they're so nice.... so do you have something oh so nice? Like a nice rack of baby pork back ribs? I like ribs.

But salt goes on food. Food doesn't go on salt. Where's my food.

DeletedUser

Big fish
little fish
card board box

WE"RE ALL HAVING FUN!

@Innogames - what is your end game for this? what are you planning in the long run? Maybe you had a huge cool awesome bodatious feature you wanted to implement... but needed time to do it and these changes to take place first... if so LET US KNOW!

It's like Salt.

Sodium on it's own will kill you (morale)
Cloride on it's own will kill you (stupid grey anchor poopy things (can't say the c word))

That makes Salt - it's great when put on things that need salt.

Do you have something that needs salt?
However you put them together and oh they're so nice.... so do you have something oh so nice? Like a nice rack of baby pork back ribs? I like ribs.

But salt goes on food. Food doesn't go on salt. Where's my food.

Now I want really salty potato chips. Thanks... :Unhappy:

DeletedUser

Fargo, please contact me whenever you find a new game. I'm also looking for a new game, seeing as I've gotten quite bored these last few weeks.

DeletedUser

Fargo, same here, please contact me ingame before quitting and tell me the new destination please!

I'm very sad about the development here because the idea of Grepolis was genius, it had the potential for a great game.

Instead of leaving it all to the poor mods who had to take bashing, insults and whatnot, it would have been nice if a Dev would have shown up here at one point in time, discussing with us in a sensible manner the needs of the players.

But then again, who are we? We're just the active players, we're not wanted, we just cause trouble, moan, nag and spam. When we're gone, this game can finally float along peacefully with the preferred "casual players".

Any Dev around willing to talk?