PB Vs. TVG...Who's better?

DeletedUser

You can argue about who the best individual fighters are all you want. PB has some good ones. (Although I would choose to go to war with Detria and Gunner at my back any day.)

However, PB is clearly an alliance on the decline and TVG is clearly an alliance in ascendance. Much to my surprise I might add. I predicted a quick conquest. When I went into semi-retirement a couple of months ago, no one would have ever compared TVG and PB. What a difference a month makes. Now a pretty good argument can be made that TVG is better. And better or not - that is a huge shift.

Perhaps PB has the better individual players. The Roman Legions could beat the barbarians most of the time, too, but we know how that turned out. Who knows what the reason is for the decline and ultimate fall of Permanent Ban. Perhaps you are suffering from societal malaise, or a decline in civic virtue.

DeletedUser

how together is TVG though? if PB were to disinterested tomorrow would TVG still remain intact or is it an alliance based on a common enemy

DeletedUser

Now a pretty good argument can be made that TVG is better.
Really because they took a bunch of inactives cities. I think you still might be in retirement if you think they are better. Look at the Stats Amandan they out number us 2:1 in O55 and they are still losing cities if the situation were reversed no way they would take any cities. They are more agressive yes thats for sure. But better not even close.
Pos. like i said i think gunner Ivanuska and trojan are also solid players and Gunners attack was sound if there werent 2k BS in the city!!!! Bahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8969

TVG is just trying to pretend that they have a chance. lots of pacts and lots of simmers doesn't make you a strong alliance. lots of players hiding in VM too. all their top players flee towards the rim to keep out of our way and to take rimnoobs.

a good way to tell if an alliance is strong is to compare their bps and their points. they should be in the same relative ballpark. it tells you who is fighting and who is simming.

DeletedUser22252

LOL...you are still arguing..;))
In my opinion it's useless,everyone have their qualities...I have full respect for some PB members,also for some TVG members,both alliances have few excellent players but like in sport,you can't compare 2 different style players(in this case alliances).

@Arodeus
about that attack,if I knew that biremes are in harbor I would never send that attack,he told me to help him clear land and so i send closest attack!
That was Pheen's city if I'm right?

DeletedUser

No the city was mine for a day or so already but he sent LS the day before and i pulled my BS out. So he must of thought i had no BS in range i guess DOH! TVG can you not research diplomacy it's just prolonging things hehe. I have to give a Special Thanks to Dzontra and his 700k cave NICE!

DeletedUser26213

Well either way, both alliances will put up a good fight. But from the looks of Grepostats, it seems PB is falling apart. I never thought I'd see the day...

DeletedUser22252

until I see Arodeus,isajooon,RockyUK and Soc gone,I wont,at any circumstances,consider that PB is falling apart!
Those who quit were inactive or harmless anyway!

DeletedUser26213

PB and TVG will definitely both fight for a while, even though the best chance to take down PB was when Proto/APE was around. Having been in PB, I know that socrates runs the alliance well and holds members to a high standard. However, there is a possibility that this world will be different than Xi.

DeletedUser8969

if we were all pacted up and only fighting TVG with all of our active players the war would be over long ago. since it is boring to play like that we are fighting several wars all at once. it does tend to weed out the weak which i consider to be useful.

if we were willing to recruit and keep every simmer around we'd be back on top in points but i've never considered points to be all that interesting.

DeletedUser

Hmmm

Well this thread has really got kind of quiet. I wonder why. Power shifted back perhaps? (chuckle) The last battle at TIO was awesome congrats on that TVG. I wasnt expecting that. I think you guys have done well, i will give you that. I talk to a few of you and you all seem like a cool bunch of guys. Look forward to more close battles ;).

DeletedUser

Yea I wish more TVG guys would come on forums would make them more interesting...