Player's Council Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41523

There's quite a few things I'm salty at in life.

1) Tyler O'Connor ruining my senior year at state.
2) Paying $180 to watch Tyler O'Connor play like crap for a season and get 2 wins.
3) LJ Scott not being able to hang onto the damn ball this year.
4) The fact that Negan needs to kill Rick and become Carl's new dad but we all know that's not gonna happen.
5) This game vs Nebraska a couple years ago where we lost AND I had the tinder date from hell over and couldn't get her to leave.
6) This other tinder date from hell that I couldn't get rid of a few months later.
7) Hillary Clinton's cringe worthy moments.
8) Clinton's cringe worthy fan base
9) That one song where Rihanna isn't even speaking an actual language but is somehow famous.
10) Halloween 2014
11) This flood who think Colin Kaepernick is this god tier QB because he's a social activist.
12) Councils that already are putting ego above effectiveness despite the fact they get a huge impact on the game.

Theres definitely a theme there. Not the one you're looking for tho

Silver Witch

Strategos
Lol give the guy a break - this is a game and I can't see anyone is going to get stressed over being elected or not.

Thewilsh - thanks for the contact details but surely we should contact you within this forum rather than on outside emails? I don't use my email for games. Not that there is any reason to contact anyone at this point anyway.

We all eagerly await the first instalment of this exciting drama from our new council! Even a hello might be nice!
smiley_emoticons_kolobok.gif

smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i have a proposal: have council talk to inno about getting in game moderators (perhaps they need to be paid) that are 1) helpful, 2) can/ will actually answer a question, 3) have some coding experience and so don't give the "it's the devs problem"

too many times, the response is: that can't possibly be a bug cuz we've never seen it (well, here's the first time geniuses) or it's a known problem and it's on the fix list (#10987) but who knows when it'll get done
why put in a ticket if nothing ever gets done?

DeletedUser46395

Sorry, wanted to create a specific email address for this purpose. I used mail.com, and gave me the option of that domain, which seemed to make sense. Never been aware of any spam from that domain, and to be honest I don't really understand why you think that using that email would generate spam for you. Still, entirely up to you if you choose to contact me that way or any other.

DeletedUser46395

Lol give the guy a break - this is a game and I can't see anyone is going to get stressed over being elected or not.

Thewilsh - thanks for the contact details but surely we should contact you within this forum rather than on outside emails? I don't use my email for games. Not that there is any reason to contact anyone at this point anyway.

We all eagerly await the first instalment of this exciting drama from our new council! Even a hello might be nice!
smiley_emoticons_kolobok.gif

You can of course contact us via the forum, but not all players use the forum, so there has to be an alternative method of contact for them; we're not just here to represent the most vocal forum users, but, in so far as we can, all EN players.

Mind you, not sure how they find the email addresses without looking here, but I'm sure Baudin will sort that one out. ;)

DeletedUser41523

Could we make things like forum mod voteable? That way if there's ever an unpopular one, they can can subbed out?

The terms would last a year rather than six months. The Coma would obviously be indefinite since switching managers constantly would get hectic.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Who gets to be a moderator will never be up for vote. Neither would CM's. It would lead to players voting out every mod on every server so they could break whatever rules they like whenever they want. Once a moderator enforced a rule they would get voted off by angry player who want to swear/insult others/etc. CM's are in charge of who is able to be a moderator and when and if they are removed. CM's are given this authority by Inno. This particular issue would not ever be up for debate.

DeletedUser54161

Now Now Now
Let's not get our knickers in a knot
As the title holder of being the LOUDEST Player on the External Forums; I must say, I think it is a bad suggestion
giphy.gif

latest

tenor.gif
Please, let's stay on topic

Order of Business)
1) Get Council to get email accounts
2) Get Council to actually meet/talk with each other
3) Get Council to outline their roles
4) Get Council to release statement to Community
5) Repeat Step 2

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

Who gets to be a moderator will never be up for vote. Neither would CM's. It would lead to players voting out every mod on every server so they could break whatever rules they like whenever they want. Once a moderator enforced a rule they would get voted off by angry player who want to swear/insult others/etc. CM's are in charge of who is able to be a moderator and when and if they are removed. CM's are given this authority by Inno. This particular issue would not ever be up for debate.

Well I already said CMs shouldn't be up for vote. Too chaotic and way too much at stake to be voted on.

But the way you describe wouldn't really playout like that either. For instance, id totally vote for fig and he's handed me several warnings before on both servers. At the end of the day the guy does his job and is incredibly active.

The set up would really be the part to focus on. Obviously if people constantly break rules they couldn't run. Which would rule out quite a few people.

But anyways the reason I ask is more or less because I've noticed a decent drift away from community based mods to people who just hand infractions out and don't really connect much with their base. So I figured maybe voting in some newer blood would be a good idea. Even in an arbitrary sense where a vote is done to gauge popularity but you have the final say.

TLDR: Mods not connecting with player base very well, offering solution/driving the point home that mods should consider engaging people more.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
agree dan
but just to counter, on one server forum, a mod entered a discussion to engage (on a topic not for or against a player but to offer one person's opinion) and was yelled at by the thread starter for having an opinion
needless to say, many of us said the mod had every right but the player got abusive towards the mod
and that mod didn't re-enter the discussion again b/c of this
so some of the blame may rest on how players treat mods

but agree with loves you, we are off the topic of council roles and goals

DeletedUser41523

I think community building makes a good side task for the council. Think about it, it's A short term goal and Achieveable without even doing much leg work through Inno.

We also gotta think about the context. There are some hated mods/mods who probably have overstayed their welcome. Most people who spend a lot of time here can think of one from the past or now.

The strict catering to 12 year olds in the rules when 95% of this game are 16+ doesn't help either. <--- also low hanging fruit that the council could address.

This is important as it would breathe new life into the forums and get participation in these discussions rising.

DeletedUser46395

Awww! Thanks Big Bear!!!
I'm honored to have won the award for
MOST VOCAL FORUM USER !!!!

Not sure how you extrapolate that from 65 posts, but hey. ;)

Point is only a tiny minority of players actively use the forums (although quite a few more read them from time to time), and - to an extent - their voice is already heard. You might feel it's ignored, but it's heard. Those that only express their views in-game or in third-party chats currently aren't heard, yet their views are just as valid and it's just as important that we represent them as much as anyone who has posted in this thread, or, indeed, or own views.

curadh

Phrourach
The whole point is that Council members ARE NOT HEARD (in fact conspicious by their silence). If they can't come up with something in the MONTH since they were appointed then its a very poor performance by them and maybe they should seriously rethink whether they should even be in these positions?

DeletedUser46395

The whole point is that Council members ARE NOT HEARD (in fact conspicious by their silence). If they can't come up with something in the MONTH since they were appointed then its a very poor performance by them and maybe they should seriously rethink whether they should even be in these positions?

I refer you to Baudin's earlier response.

curadh

Phrourach
I'm sorry but its pretty pathetic that a month is taken to organise the members even talking to each other. I doubt very much if anything of note will be achieved during the current members time in office if they work this slowly .... and I note that it was the members themselves that have delayed it so my comment stands.

DeletedUser46395

I'm beginning to think we need a Council Trash Talk thread. ;)

Rachel.L

Phrourach
a suggestion for future rounds of council: when we the players vote, the player with the highest percentage of votes is the inner council member
then no bickering about the first power play
also, as this is the first time this has been done, i understand some delays, and it is not all on the part of the players, or the players of this server specifically
my guess is that inno had some vision of how this would happen and it's not fallen into place exactly
go figure, a human factor
yes we all want some progress but think everyone needs to chill just a bit

DeletedUser41523

I think the main question is this: What has the council decided to make their priority at the moment? Like what are they currently planning to do?

DeletedUser44867

a suggestion for future rounds of council: when we the players vote, the player with the highest percentage of votes is the inner council member
then no bickering about the first power play
also, as this is the first time this has been done, i understand some delays, and it is not all on the part of the players, or the players of this server specifically
my guess is that Inno had some vision of how this would happen and it's not fallen into place exactly
go figure, a human factor
yes we all want some progress but think everyone needs to chill just a bit

Unfortunately there are some issues with this - namely one, the order that the candidates appeared in.
Candidates who appeared at the top of the voting list had a significantly better chance of being elected than those at the bottom. (Given, this could be a very easy fix on Inno's part by just randomizing the list for individual voters, so that the votes are more balanced. Unfortunately, there is likely a decent amount of players who did not read the introductions and just clicked the first five people they saw - or perhaps clicked the one or two names they did recognize, and randomly filled the rest with the names at the top of the list.) At least, that is the conclusion that a lot of people are making based on the results of the election - where the results of the election almost exactly reflected the order they appeared in during voting. But again, if Inno changes the voting system up just slightly - this could be fixed.

I think it would be better for future rounds of council to begin (note: BEGIN, not actually make the vote) the spokesperson discussions after a month of already working together or so. For a vague example, if the vote started at the beginning of the 5th month of the current council's term, they could have results in by the beginning of the 6th and final month of the current council's term. Then, this new council could begin working together to slowly start to replace the old council throughout the 6th month. After a months time of working together (around the end of the 6th month/current council's end of term), it's likely that a leader would sort of naturally appear. Then the inner council vote would begin, it would likely take less time to talk it through since they already know each other, and a transition from the old council into the new council would happen more seamlessly.

When we were first elected we did make efforts to start working on the local council - for instance, we had a draft set to create a thread pretty much exactly like this one since the first week, and we were just waiting on a few emails to be included before posting it.
But ultimately, our only instruction was to elect an inner council spokesperson, so instead of focusing on what we should have been focusing on - setting up the local council - we spent all of our time arguing over who would be best for spokesperson. Which ends up being very silly - because Inner Council can't necessarily do anything until they have players giving proposals to the local councils anyways
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
It was definitely a huge mistake we made that came from many different angles. I think a part of it is - like you said - Inno had a vision for this that didn't quite come to fruition, and I think it resulted in the council not being given much instruction on what they were supposed to be doing. A larger part was the arguments we were having about the spokesperson position were getting in the way of us doing more important tasks.

As for the 'it took a month to get them to talk to each other' thing - we've been talking since the day we were told we would be in this council. In fact - we were talking way too much, and we had two players of council who were very set on one thing and two players that were very set on another thing, and one player that was sick and missing. It resulted in a stagnate with, yes, lots of shouting. But after said 5th player returned, it took less than 3 hours (likely a shorter period of time) for the final decision of inner council to be made. That, along with being given no direction to do something other than inner council elections, ended up being the problem.

Since then we have begun to start to work out how local council is going to work. As Wilsh said, we have created a database that has all of the ideas and suggestions that people have made on this thread, as well as other players' private suggestions. For now this is remaining between the 5 of us, although we have talked about sharing it publicly so that everyone can get an up to date idea of what council is doing, which items are actively being discussed, which ideas have already been suggested, and which topics we sent to inner council.
We've also been in many talks about how communication is going to work. Since we've already got a player in inner council, we're going to take that to our advantage and see what the inner council communication is going to look like before we try to officially implement something. If he ends up having a meeting once a week where he needs to bring a suggestion, we're likely to take a very different approach to this entire thing than if it's a constantly flowing discussion with ideas. I would love to have at least an initial 'system' in place by the end of this weekend if possible. But, this is still very very new to all of us, and it's very likely that we'll have to play around with that initial system a ton to get it to a place where all of us are happy with it.

For now keep bringing in them ideas so that when we do start this discussions, we have lots of topics to pick from
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser53923

I'm sorry but its pretty pathetic that a month is taken to organise the members even talking to each other. I doubt very much if anything of note will be achieved during the current members time in office if they work this slowly .... and I note that it was the members themselves that have delayed it so my comment stands.

i feel kind of responsible for this. cause i opened pandoras box and put the council on blast. but please let me ask everyone to calm down a bit on it now. firstly, this thread should be relatively clean and easy to read without a bunch of banter and insults. i find it unlikely the council members will continue reading it too much if the next 6 months are about calling them names in half the posts.

they messed up (among others), they got called out on it, they acknowledged the messed up, and it appears they are trying to make positive steps now. as a community lets try to be more productive and supportive of them, and allow them to find their way. its time to move past the calling them out stage guys. just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.