Passed Proposed Change To The Farming System

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 169 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I can see the devs argueing that their indeed unique strengthen/loot system will loose it's magic with this suggestion, we could get an additional research in the academy though:

Type: Lakonia Oak Cart
Description: This heavy and strong vehicle allows you to transport up to 600 inhabitants (= enough farmspace for 7 strengthening + 1 looting squad, should the strength be at zero) to a farming village, it has a carrying capacity of 6005 resources.
Requirements: 10 polis (!) - Academy Level 30 - Timber: 18.000 - Stone: 1.000 - Silver: 12.000 - Research points: None.

Usage: Once researched, there's no need to build that cart, it's just there and ready to use. Go to the map of a polis that has this researched, select a farming village, click on the "Lakonia Oak Cart" icon (right next to the "Attack" and "Trade" icon), click on the troop you want to use (the game inserts the required troops automatically, example 110 horses if strength is ~35; if there are not enough horses, an additional click on your other available troops inserts the rest that's needed for a full strengthen+loot), click attack.

Premium:
- ability to use the procedure described above on the whole island in one go instead of on just one farm, provided that the player has enough troops of course.

Benefits:
- players with less than 10 polis can still have the joy of experiencing the unique strengthening/looting system.
- 4 clicks and no troopnumber input instead of 17 clicks and 4 troopnumber inputs per farm
- bad mood punishment remains untouched
- more time for your gf/bf
- less server load --> less internal 500 errors
- more Premium income for Innogames

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

I would not mind that, one question, what is the speed and what is the population (if any) of this new units, but remember, a person with 3 cities still has a large amount (though not insane) of farming to do, so what about them, perhaps a less effective cart?
Edit: I noticed that it had no population, but what about speed? IS it the same as the slowest unit in the entourage?

DeletedUser

no change to the current speed would be required, a horse can pull that cart quicker than an archer.

DeletedUser2795

okay, I just am getting this weird image in my head of people stacked head over heel in a giant wheelbarrow, and what about players with fewer, but stil annoying, numbers of cities?

DeletedUser

I love Iceman's original idea :)

The idea of making it an academy research seems a little tedious to me however and it would also give premium members, who already have a huge advantage over the rest, an even greater edge.

DeletedUser

The reason of me adding the academy thing to iceman's idea is stated in the first sentence of my post #41. I'm in this game long enough to be able/allowed to guess how the devs are thinking. That's also the reason why this should kick in only from a certain amount of polises a player owns. Whether it should be 5 or 10 doesn't really matter here and now.

.......... it would also give premium members, who already have a huge advantage over the rest, an even greater edge.
I think this would be one of the very few Premium features, that actually DOESN'T give premium players an advantage other than a comfort/laziness boost. Most other Premium features indeed are a bit critical as they affect fighting power, building times, resource production, culture points etc, stuff that non-premium players will have a hard time compensating.

DeletedUser

This game was getting very time consuming for me and also a bit of a chore (hrs of farming) but with iceman's idea it would meen me staying here and spending more time doing the enjoyable things in this game.

Great idea mate :0)

DeletedUser

I think this would be one of the very few Premium features, that actually DOESN'T give premium players an advantage other than a comfort/laziness boost. Most other Premium features indeed are a bit critical as they affect fighting power, building times, resource production, culture points etc, stuff that non-premium players will have a hard time compensating.

By enabling Premium Members to strengthen all the farming cities on an island at once, you are effectively allowing them to grow faster than other players who can only strengthen one city at a time; therefore, this is another advantage to Premium Members. While this method does not effect battle directly, it allows Premium Members to gather resources faster, thus enabling them to build faster.

DeletedUser

By enabling Premium Members to strengthen all the farming cities on an island at once, you are effectively allowing them to grow faster than other players who can only strengthen one city at a time; therefore, this is another advantage to Premium Members. While this method does not effect battle directly, it allows Premium Members to gather resources faster, thus enabling them to build faster.

No. They cannot build faster, just more comfortable. You can only farm a village about 1x per day, then you have to wait for the mood to get back up to speed. Premium players would only need less clicks to do this, but they would not gain more resources than non Premium players.

DeletedUser

Yes but if you are building troops, it will enable premium members to put troops on the building que faster than others since they will have access to resources sooner than others, giving them an advantage.

DeletedUser2795

you can only put a certain number of troops on a queue at a time, unless you are building only one unit in numbers very large, anyways, you can always start a few units to make sure you do not loose any time and then add on later, this is way less powerful then any other premium feature except *maybe* the administrator and merchant.

DeletedUser

No. They cannot build faster, just more comfortable. You can only farm a village about 1x per day, then you have to wait for the mood to get back up to speed. Premium players would only need less clicks to do this, but they would not gain more resources than non Premium players.

Beg to differ. Once a player gets a certain number of cities the mechanics of farming even once a day are massive

Allow me to offer this:

:cool: idea The Iceman The focus should be on making stuff possible and allowing players to cope with ever greater Kingdoms without totally destroying game balance overall

This needs a new server to test

And please keep in mind that for many players to appreciate the game the current starting mode should be retained - it's good - adding a Quartermaster / Strategos at a later stage in the game gives something for planners to look ahead to and work towards

The small offering in more detail with some reasoning

Consider impementing an NPC (call him Quartermaster or Strategos) with appropriate ability to take over such chores for all players

Options available might be 'programmable' so that the player decides how the Strategos is going to try to farm - where, when, what and how many troops at his disposal - all appropriate details and that frees the player's time up after he has set his Strategos to carry on until further notice

Some folks are more strategically-minded than others and should have the benefit thereof - implement so that it keeps the need for the player to monitor while making that more accessible

So set up a page for the quartermaster / strategos that lists all the player's cities, has the various commands and the outcomes of each operation as a standard part of the game so that the player can monitor progress in his Kingdom overall as well as intervening in detail as appropriate

This should make it a bit more efficient for players to organise and the devs to program and assess the impact as it happens

End product = it's the player's choice and skill that decides the outcomes = you reap the rewards or rue the consequences and :pro: remains in the spirit of the game

NB eventually I am sure that mostly pay-to-play players will be asking for something similar for all their attack/defence operations as the numbers of cities each player gets continues to rise and there are free-players who are able to compete through their dedication to the game who would also appreciate this

To preserve game balance I would suggest this be handled as a strictly limited trial that applies to NPC farming and the quartemaster / strategos does not become available until a player has achieved a certain level

That should allow plenty of room to assess the impact on the game as a whole - which could be major

To add something special for Premium players who form the majority of players who have got to the point where they need something like this I would suggest giving the Strategos personality options and adding a few small variables.

Thus the standard strategos that every player can have might be more error prone/less efficient (set up a % goods differential) = because when you first hire your Strategos you get what you pay for. The Premium Strategos being from the finest Academy and being the best of the best would naturally be more flexible and reliable - and might also be customisable = naming rights or whatever - could be nice to have a bit more individual character in this somewheres

That opens up further options re customisability and 'character development' that can be considered at a later date

See how it goes

DeletedUser

Moved to Development Discussion. This idea has 5 days to be refined before it is put to a vote.

DeletedUser

This idea has already been passed to the devs. No reason for a vote.

Thread closed.

DeletedUser

A poll has been added by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.