Religion - Productive or Destructive?

Do you think religion has had a more productive or destructive effect on society?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

That is your biased talking, but if you say so. I was actually quite surprised to see it in favor of more destructive to be completely honest. As an atheist generally people look at me as if I am the anti-christ when I tell them I don't believe in god. Very weird actually being in the majority.

Its an opinion though is the point. Its what you think in your mind, would the world be perfect without religion? No, of course not it would be foolish to think that. I do honestly believe though that the world would be a better place without organized religion. Others have already explained many of the reasons why and I do not feel like going into that argument again. People have a different opinion than you, accept it and be ok with it. Doesnt mean they are right and doesn't mean you are wrong. Its an opinion, nothing more nothing less.

DeletedUser

That is your biased talking, but if you say so. I was actually quite surprised to see it in favor of more destructive to be completely honest. As an atheist generally people look at me as if I am the anti-christ when I tell them I don't believe in god. Very weird actually being in the majority.
You were "surprised"? Honestly? Are you new to the internet?

I do honestly believe though that the world would be a better place without organized religion.
Justify.

DeletedUser6029

Its an opinion though is the point. Its what you think in your mind, would the world be perfect without religion? No, of course not it would be foolish to think that. I do honestly believe though that the world would be a better place without organized religion. Others have already explained many of the reasons why and I do not feel like going into that argument again. People have a different opinion than you, accept it and be ok with it. Doesnt mean they are right and doesn't mean you are wrong. Its an opinion, nothing more nothing less.

On the contrary....the few who have actually debated this discussion have used 3 religions max. Forgetting the value of the other religions. Sadly everyone who voted did so based off a bias on those THREE. That is hardly a good sample pool. And then you have the one poster, I don't even bother to remember his name who has posted a bunch of nothing to defend his rather shaky and fallible points.

Bend, you can think this in terms of Atheism all you want, but there are many religions in this world who would be considered more Agnostic which is much closer to Atheism than Christian. Truth is, nobody, except a very few (ME) have taken their contributions into account. So all those votes against religion are rather moot. I finally voted, but it was on a whim, personally I think the whole poll thing was stupid as it was a poll based on ignorance....

DeletedUser6156

This poll and debate are now over. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who voted and also everyone who maturely and sensibly debated in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.