Secret taxation without representation.

DeletedUser

So I have word from a confidential source that - The Secret - believes that taxing it's members for support is a viable way to operate an alliance.

That's all good and well, and I can understand that their largest members would expect support, due to their cities being near or in hostile waters.

I just find it funny that they would consider it to be a tax, and enforce such remedial tactics, rather than just tell their members they aren't capable of providing defensive support from one of their 10+ cities to cover themselves in lieu of the hostility enforced on NmE by - The Secret -.

They got one of our cities, which I commend them, they hadn't done that before with our knowledge, other than racing us to take inactives.

My reasoning for creation of this thread was basically to enforce the theory that - The Secret - might be a wee bit scared of NmE after it's provoking attacks and major op planning against us to take place on Saturday (yes we know about that.) I would say this to - The Secret -. You guys may get lucky once in a while, but realize this is a game of war and intelligence. We are obviously keen to their suggestive tendencies, as well as any operations that might occur. I'm sure they'll be spamming false information soon. Remember, :pro: not Sim City. :)

DeletedUser5253

Hmm.. this post tells me that you must feel a wee bit scared yourself.

Good thing you have "sources" and "spies" to be able to accomplish something against us.

The "Tax" as you call it is something many alliances do. If for instance that everyone is required to send at least 5 biremes to someone in support..then that isn't asking much. Considering we're usually on the offensive I think we've had 3 or 4 instances the whole time where this was necessary. Most of the time we have good enough communication that everyone sends each other support anyways. We're all friends here. We take care of our own, and our members are happy. I'm proud to be able to play this game along side them.

This isn't even good "intelligence" to even of made a post about. Lame.

Bring on the war my friend, it's what we're here for.

DeletedUser

Scared? I have the information to plan around, so I can't say I'm scared of anything. The post was to make you read it. Obviously that worked. So call it lame, call it what you will, I accomplished what I set out to do. PnP is fun, and I don't want you sucking the fun out of it. :) At any rate Venum, sure I understand that's something everyone does, I just think it's funny you tax your members, and refer to it as a "tax." Basically saying that your constituents are expected to "pay" for membership. I don't know how other alliances operate, but we have solid communication and expect everyone to be building biremes, but there is no mandate that says we must provide preemptive support when there is not a threat. :) Read between the lines or whatever you wish, I'm just speaking my mind.

DeletedUser

I must say the secret is an amazing alliance which i sadly had to leave when i gave up zeta. I would not call the secrets internal cooperation a "tax" but I would call this page a propaganda excersise to try and benifit your silly little alliance on little substance at all.

DeletedUser

I must say the secret is an amazing alliance which i sadly had to leave when i gave up zeta. I would not call the secrets internal cooperation a "tax" but I would call this page a propaganda excersise to try and benifit your silly little alliance on little substance at all.

... Then it's worked, no matter how silly it is it has riled you, sure you could see through it but this is the idea of propaganda, make your opponent think about where they are, what they are doing who they are supporting. At the end of the day priority is yourself so maybe the members will accept the 'tax' or not.

Out come the mind games :p

DeletedUser

Sakaturou why are you even here? If you've left Zeta then this doesn't even concern you. Freedom of speech is your right I suppose, but still basically boasting about an alliance you were once in, is the same as commending a political leader who has given up their reign. It basically has no substance to the argument in point, and since you have no knowledge of the goings on of the situation, you sound a fool. Go back to your hole and crawl back in it.

DeletedUser

I would never have expected that from you! After all you did soooo much for revolt ¬¬

*Sarcasm prevails*

problem with this is i can always bring back the 'you jumped ship before me lol...'

... and as said previously once again rising to any simple comment lol and since when is one person responsible for an entire alliance? Katanga left, I kept it alive... I leave look what happens :p

besides :pro:

DeletedUser

Im here for teh lol's which you should all be here.

I left about a day ago. I have enough knowledge; I also have the knowledge that revolt was doing great with katanga...sadly appointing a leader who jumps ship wasnt his best move.

DeletedUser

problem with this is i can always bring back the 'you jumped ship before me lol...'

... and as said previously once again rising to any simple comment lol and since when is one person responsible for an entire alliance? Katanga left, I kept it alive... I leave look what happens :p

besides :pro:

I left to join friends; I never truly jumped ship as i said anytime anybody wants support, help attacking or anything just to message me. I also did not have the responsibilities that you flaunted. :p

DeletedUser

Im here for teh lol's which you should all be here.

I left about a day ago. I have enough knowledge; I also have the knowledge that revolt was doing great with katanga...sadly appointing a leader who jumps ship wasnt his best move.

guess you must be right:)

DeletedUser

what does this thread have to do with revolt sakaturou? if you have personal beef don't derail the topic for your nonsense, that's what pm's are for. back to the topic at hand. venum, you gonna continue with your op tomorrow? go for it we'll be prepared.

DeletedUser

ahh jj you remind me of that arrogant *** Devils. You are so pro, the 1 city we 'got' of yours was done without any support

DeletedUser

and seriously you have just been whooped, deny it and i will post reports

DeletedUser2663

i would like to point this out as i rekon this deserves recconising

Props for venum and JJ showing every1 how 2 alliances show talk to each other on fourms regardless of diplomatic realtions, and NOT turn a simple P&P into a giant flame war. Reading this was interesting and quite good as well. JJ posts nenum replies JJ posts again with explaination and come back and venum replies ( huge respect for him here )

Lol, alright man. Fair enough. Great work.

This is so much better to read than 2 alliances having a pointless flame war on fourms. if rep was still used + for that on both sides.

DeletedUser

Me and Venum talk somewhat frequently in game. He is a mature player with obvious skill playing the game. Our alliances are running the server, atleast as far as battle points are concerned. We're also located somewhat in each other's oceans. So as far as I'm concerned, I respect his ability, but still realize he's a threat. This thread was created in part to get some activity back on the externals, as they've been more inactive then Pfreely and Sinisha Wolf.

DeletedUser

One other thing to add, I am a product of the Gamma server, and learned the ropes there. So watching the two most powerful alliances, coming out of the core (Serpentine Medea and GrepoHugs) and dominating the server, I realized they only survived for as long as they did with an alliance. NmE and - The Secret - have spoken about an alliance or NAP's in the past, but they were never agreed upon. I think it will be interesting to see the lay of the land after the inevitable battle is over.