Super Duper Ultra Turtle!

DeletedUser

sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.. read the thread thoroughly and you'll understand exactly why my strategy is more sensible than yours..

a screenie of my city wall, so you know i do actually know how to defend.
left=kills right=losses
picture6sx.png

DeletedUser

A turtle, would have a level 25 wall.
Since you cannot tell me yourself, and insist on ignoring my claims, I will reexplain it.

A wall, helps on defence. A turtle, is defensive. He/she will do what it takes to get an edge in defence. Since he is mainly defensive, he will not think that a lower wall level will make it easier to kill an already in progress conquer. He will think that a higher level wall will help himself destroy more incoming troops.

DeletedUser

most turtles only do it because they play more actively in another world or on TW or something. any turtle with foresight would see that if a bigger player attacks them and co-ordinates attacks at several of their cities, they can't stack them all and if they split their defences they will lose everything. therefore if all their walls were level 25 they would either lose all their defences or choose a city to sacrifice. my way they stack one city and nobody will want to attack them as they would see the futility or major waste of troops that would be involved in even trying to conquer onto the island. also you don't need a wall to use biremes and with 11 cities, as a turtle i would expect at least 2 or 3 of them would be pure bireme cities. more than enough to snipe any cs sent at one of the cities without a wall

DeletedUser

i agree with train wreck on this. With only 2k city with no wall, no one will think about conquering it and even if they do think and send CS, he will send attack on under siege city very quickly and with no city wall he is most definitely will break the siege and reclaim the city. Only way he can loose is if he pissed some one off very badly and they send CS to 5-6 of his cities at the same time.

DeletedUser340

OMG people read the blooming thread properly before writing rubbish .

not all turtels are copletely defencive , turtling in this case it reffering to have much more defence that offence .

Meaning he still has offence .

meaning all what TW said is true .

nuff sed.

-sere

DeletedUser

Indeed. Read the thread. the reasons for having a lvl0 wall are clearly laid out; so you can counter attack to break any siege, since there are no troops whatsoever defending that city. One city has a lvl25 wall and only offensive troops, while being defended by every other city on the island.

DeletedUser

Wait a minute... your confusing teh blazey D:

All cities have lvl 0 city wall and defensive apart from one which has lvl 25 city wall and loads of offensive troops...

But how does it work?

DeletedUser

It works OK on paper, but when an attack happens 1 swordsmen still beats 1 slinger and 1 archer still kills the hoplite, and so on, so I'm not a fan of it myself. If I saw a time when it really worked on a consistent basis when there are being hit by offensive after offensive like how it really works maybe it would change my mind.

DeletedUser

there is also the advantage of the fact that those defensive units can be sent home at any time to break the attack.

DeletedUser

Train Wreck must feel like me!

They just don't get it Train. You just can't explain to some people! But ya i agree with both sides. 1 is because wall = points. So turtles like points :D and 2 is because having city stacked with D is still pretty frickin hard to break. And if hes online. His troops get there in 1 hour MAX depending on troop speed

DeletedUser

with any luck, i'll be testing my theory out some time in the near future ;) can have some fun seeing how effective my idea is in the middle of a warzone :D

DeletedUser

with any luck, i'll be testing my theory out some time in the near future ;) can have some fun seeing how effective my idea is in the middle of a warzone :D

I am gunna try turtling around my ocean, I know 3 famous turtles at the moment. Kosta1, billotronic and troglydyte

DeletedUser

LOL gonna pop my forum cherry. Beware these are snapping turtles. Just ask Asgaroth

Lipsy
*The snapping turtle*
;)