The Cirles of Hell - the true story

• Thread starter DeletedUser24285
  • Start date

DeletedUser24285

These "Circles" come from "Dante's Inferno"

The 9th Circle is reserved for those who are Treacherous
The 8th Circle is for those who are Deceitful
The 7th Circle is for "Soddomites"

I would strongly advise all not to turn your back on any of these guys!

DeletedUser3300

A simplistic explanation, but broadly accurate. However, its proper name is 'The Divine Comedy'. The Inferno was just its setting.

Although you've got the inhabitants of the 8th and 9th circles, the 7th circle was where the violent ended up, not just sodomites. Sodomites and blasphemers were found in its inner ring, a burning desert with boiling rain. The middle ring was for profligates (ripped apart by packs of dogs) and suicides (turned into trees and attacked by harpies). The outer ring housed murderers and people who had been violent to other people or property.

If you haven't read it, it's certainly worth getting hold of a copy. Proper twisted medieval weirdness.

DeletedUser44426

This is just plain stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3300

An explanation of where the Circles alliances got their names.

The Divine Comedy is a 14th century poem by Dante Alighieri about his journey with Virgil through the 9 circles of hell.

DeletedUser

A simplistic explanation, but broadly accurate. However, its proper name is 'The Divine Comedy'. The Inferno was just its setting.

Although you've got the inhabitants of the 8th and 9th circles, the 7th circle was where the violent ended up, not just sodomites. Sodomites and blasphemers were found in its inner ring, a burning desert with boiling rain. The middle ring was for profligates (ripped apart by packs of dogs) and suicides (turned into trees and attacked by harpies). The outer ring housed murderers and people who had been violent to other people or property.

If you haven't read it, it's certainly worth getting hold of a copy. Proper twisted medieval weirdness.

Well actually dear Mind Gap if we are going to get technical, the actual name is the Divina Commedia. I found it to be rather difficult to read myself. As far as Medieval texts go, I much preferred The Canterbury Tales. Perhaps it's time to start a book club?

DeletedUser

Ah grepolis forums. Where random people show up in random threads. Gotta love it. :D

DeletedUser3300

As far as Medieval texts go, I much preferred The Canterbury Tales.

To my shame, although his entire published works have been sitting in my bookshelf for years, I've never got around to reading the Canterbury Tales; only a (very) few of his minor poems.

DeletedUser

To my shame, although his entire published works have been sitting in my bookshelf for years, I've never got around to reading the Canterbury Tales; only a (very) few of his minor poems.

don't worry you did not miss much in the Canterbury tales.

DeletedUser24285

It's the names people choose that interest me - like who would want to be in any of the Circles of Hell?

Which reminds me "Shadis" isn't "Shadism" a form of "black on black" racism or am I wholly mistaken?

DeletedUser43442

Actually,i dont mind their name.What i dont get is that we still havent got our personal song.They have dedicated a song for every alliance they are at war with but we havent got one.Or the song is only for alliances they are able to take a city from?

Shee Ra

Phrourach
I haven't read Dante's take on it, but being all contemporary and literal.. it is a circle of HELL. But at least somebody bothered to write it. :p

I don't know why you haven't got a song Rump.

DeletedUser

Ha Dantes was the worst ally i have ever worked with. Bad attitudes and an extreme divergence from what they claimed they would be.
Said they wanted to be a small elite force and work with us since we were similar in that. Soon they started to MRA taking the few good pieces of food. Then they flipped out and attacked us bc we claimed a city on "their" island. We withdrew the claim. we had enough alliances to figth and it wasnt worth talking sense to idiots. A day later our mutual enemy landed and took the city. They were never able to get him off the island.
When it came to fighting, we stood up against two alliance much bigger than our own. We asked Dante for help but they preferred to safely build on the rim and use us as a meatshield. I told them that we kept getting requests for a merge from our mutal enemy Delusions. They watched us get beat on while we held strong. Sinking Colony ships daily sometime 3-4 to a player in one day.
Dantes said they were making progress and taking from Delusions. Once delusions realized they had to pay and work alot for our cities they started on Dantes. (you see most of delusions cities come from cannibalizing the guys they just booted an MRA at its worst.) So soon as Dantes got hit they folded like a blanket. Swamp Ferrie become punk Fairy and Poundout became Punkout. Those were their only two good players and basically the only ones to extend some help.

DeletedUser

I am at war with them but they are not bad fighters. Even though I consider many of the players in the circle of hell to serious they do deserve some respect although Dante is a proper noob.

DeletedUser20415

Well in all fairness, Circles transformed from a little very promising team that I was looking forward to work with, to a big fat MRA with 5 wings, 9th Circle 8th Circle 7th Circle Dantes Circles and FYI Undecided is just an other wing from them, snoopy probably knows why if he have a good memory of corinth ;).

Why ? well where do I start ... Absence of a real decision taking since the main founder is busy in real life and the rest of what left of the leadership cant take a decision, a recruiter who have a PHD in MRAing, by completely inviting anyone anywhere no matter who they are, good or bad, refugees or not. Because of that last point mainly, US declared war on Circles, braking the NAP after 1 week of ignorance of my messages (literally they didn't even open the msgs). We crushed them very fast, from our areas and still making a daily progress on that front. Guess you never learn unless you make your own mistakes

DeletedUser

what Undecided I know they have tight relations with the circles of hell but I did not know they were their lapdogs.

DeletedUser

It's the names people choose that interest me - like who would want to be in any of the Circles of Hell?

Which reminds me "Shadis" isn't "Shadism" a form of "black on black" racism or am I wholly mistaken?

Or am I wholly mistaken.