Newspaper The Daily Knight

DeletedUser

Hear ye, hear ye!

For those Chi members who hunger for a quality newspaper that covers all the current affairs of this world, as well as important investigative journalism in the areas of culture, wars and religion, the wait is over!

Launching today to spice up your lives as well as this forum is The Daily Knight. Our journalists are currently focused in O44, and so many of our articles will be about those Knights and Squires in fetching tights, but as our sales grow in other areas, naturally our breadth of coverage will increase.

Watch out for exciting battlefield reports, political gossip and tights fashion!

1st article is due for release today (or tomorrow if the editor hates it!), so keep your eyes peeled. We will also have a letters page for feedback and suggestions on targeted articles. Guest writers are welcome from other oceans, but we would like to ensure the quality of this paper is upheld.

In the truth we trust.

Bohemond IV (Editor, The Daily Knight)
Steve (Co-Editor, the Daily Knight)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good work Guys, this is will be a brilliant idea to keep the masses happy, If you wanna give me an interview on anything just give me a PM ingame or on the forum, look forward to the first article....

DeletedUser17088

Good idea guys! I look forward to your First issue and if there is anything i can do to help just ask

DeletedUser

Looking forward to this, I must say... ;)

Oh wait, I am writing this...oh dear...looks like i will have to write something...hmmm...

DeletedUser

044 Cold War Heats Up!

Tensions are increasing in 0cean 44 between Black Lotus and the Knights in Tights. Reports of skirmishes and tit for tat strikes are increasing in frequency, as leaders on both sides struggle to maintain cordial relations. The growing tensions have their roots in a brief skirmish between the Knights and Black Lotus a few weeks ago after the merge between League of Legends and Memento Mori.

For those readers who are not up to speed on that conflict, The Knights successfully won their war with the League of Legends and drove them to the arms of Memento Mori; disdainful of these cowardly acts the Knights demanded that the Leadership boot the refugees. Black Lotus responded with mass attacks at the Knights, and during the ensuing spat Rock15, Black Lotus leader, was crushed and a ceasefire was signed.

Recent events, however, seem to suggest that this Ceasefire is failing. Recent actions by Black Lotus, including attempts by Tigekala to take a city from Alliance Commander UKStevie, and their invitations to refugees have increasingly annoyed and frustrated the Knights. “These attacks have disappointed me, even if we have managed to defend against them comfortably. I thought we were in a better place.” commented Steve.

More refugees have fled to Black Lotus in recent days, but the attacks have not stopped despite pleas for calm. Bohemond 1V, Warmaster, is reported to have declared that these actions by Black Lotus do not prevent the seizure of the renegade cities, they are to be considered not part of Black Lotus; with whom we are still at peace. What the response of Black Lotus is to these allegations is unknown, and their silence has been deafening.

Possibly the greatest example of the type of border conflict being waged here was a recent conquest by PurpleValkyrie who, after taking a city, saw Black Lotus attacks incoming. Deciding not to defend the city when the CS landed, due to the ceasefire, and hoping they would respect it, we discovered the city in revolt, fortunately nothing more came of it, but these scares are becoming more and more comment.

DeletedUser17088

excellent work! all issues and submissions will be added to the stickied thread

DeletedUser

Tights or Trousers - A fashion fight!

As our readers know, the current clothing of choice in 044 is tights. These can be pink, yellow, red, white, blue, spotted, striped, but rarely black with flowers. But to our readership in distant lands, this probably seems an odd style statement, and so it falls to this erstwhile journalist, drinking wine in my red, white and blue tights, to lay the case for tights against trousers.

Tights are for warriors, writers & lovers; Henry V, Shakespeare and Casanova all wore tights. For men and women in fine fighting form, tights can only help but show off the muscles and fine bodylines that many people in 044 have in abundance. We do not need to hide stick legs and knobbly knees behind flared trousers, but we can stand proud with our legs on show whether covered in tights that are velvet, wool or silk.

Trousers are for the others, think Mr Bean, Simon Cowell and any politician (Male or female)! These are not a garment to inspire fear or love, but one to hide behind, to conform, to fade into the crowd.

The time of the tights is only just beginning. Over time I expect to see some Titans in Tights, Minions in Tights and even tights that hide Nothing. If IKEA can be convinced to start making tights, then it will spread world-wide.

Trousers are already everywhere, but that is the very reason why they are boring, why they are safe and why they are on the way out.

I can only advise my new readers that if you could see me in my tights now, you would not hesitate to join me.

Stand tall, stand proud, stand in tights!

Steve (Co-Editor, The Daily Knight)

P.S. We still require a full-time fashionista (if you could not guess) on The Daily Knight, please apply in the letters page.

DeletedUser

Our "Tights" are comfortable but i'd prefer "NOTHING" ;) ;) Also Bohemond you forgot to mention how we're soon going to take all their cities and rim them but i'm just waiting for an op to go, i have a few hundred ls waiting ;)

DeletedUser

HMMMM, funny how some alliances seem to be a tad sneaky at times huh?
and confused on why you even would eye us as you are based in 44 and we are not

DeletedUser

When i said i'd prefer NOTHING over Tights i meant no clothes as a joke ;) When i said take their cities and rim them i was talking about Black Lotus :p

DeletedUser

Sorry...trying to catch my breath here. Thank you...ALL of you for making a very stressful day dealing with a council alliance that wants to keep dead weight be worthwhile for me.

You don't know how much I love you for that.

Oh, and by the way...if I get the chance to rename my alliance, it's so going to be League of Tights.

DeletedUser

Letter to the Editor

To Editor, The Daily Knight
cc: the citizens of 044,

Whilst I appreciate that many of the Knights in Tights believe a war with BL is inevitable to ensure democracy can flourish in 044, I would like to make it clear that the leadership has still not decided on the best way to help the people of this great ocean. I therefore ask you to reflect upon the warlike statement from Jubier1, which appeared in your paper today, as joking rather than threatening. We are still in a NAP with Black Lotus.

Some would say that the multiple harbouring of refugees is an excuse for war, as is the surprise attacks upon three of my fair cities last week, but we are working to build an ideal, not an empire. To this end, we have resisted the calls for war.

Our aim is, and always has been, to bring light to the darkest parts of 044, not mindless violence, and that remains at the forefront of our mind.

In the truth we trust.

Steve (Leader, Knights in Tights)

DeletedUser

Sorry...trying to catch my breath here. Thank you...ALL of you for making a very stressful day dealing with a council alliance that wants to keep dead weight be worthwhile for me.

You don't know how much I love you for that.

Oh, and by the way...if I get the chance to rename my alliance, it's so going to be League of Tights.

Only happy to help, hopefully I can get an interview with you sometime for a later article??

And ill post an editors reply soon to your letter UK

DeletedUser

My friend, I will be most happy to give you an interview for an article whenever you're ready to do so.

Reading these forums happens to be one of the highlights of my day and I thank all of you for that.