Inactive Topic vacation mode

DeletedUser23986

Proposal
There should be separate vacation mode for different worlds!That is each world has got 42days vacation, rather than 42 days as a whole!

Reason
The current system doesn't allow a player to activate vacation in a specific world. But if we are allowed to activate vm for each world, we can just activate it for a specific world when we find it is getting boring in there, or we do not have time to play many worlds. Also, this can also be done by creating a different accounts for each world(it is not against the rules), so this will reduce the number of accounts present on grepolis!

Details
nothing, just each world should have a separate vacation mode.The rates for gold should however, not be lowered!

Balance/Abuse Prevention
NIL, it can't be abused, it will rather stop people from making new accounts for the purpose, also other games from inno allow it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Hmmm... not sure if want.

Going on vacation means you can't play, period. It's a nice idea, I'll give a rep for it, but one shouldn't be able to stop playing a 500-600k account in World A and still play a 200-300k in World B. Otherwise you can get significantly more vacation days than what you would have now.

DeletedUser23986

I know, but it gets boring to play world A because i have nothing much to do there, so i go in vm, after 10days, my alliance starts a war so i rejoin it!This will allow players to spend more time on new worlds!

DeletedUser

I know, but it gets boring to play world A because i have nothing much to do there, so i go in vm, after 10days, my alliance starts a war so i rejoin it!This will allow players to spend more time on new worlds!

That's not the purpose of Vacation Mode. VM is, and should be, universal because it is reserved for people who need time away from the game, whether it be due to vacation or illness or similar, as a whole. It is not designed to be used for time off from a specific world because you're bored, or more importantly to escape attacks and hide in one world while continuing to play another. Also I don't see the significance of your point about having less accounts and if you don't have enough time to play multiple worlds you should quit one or two.

As such, I strongly disagree with your idea because it is very open to abuse and it will be abused.

DeletedUser23986

other games from inno use it so that people can stay away from a specific world, but we don't while we even have vacation limit!

and if something can be done by using multiple accounts, it is better to have them done in 1 account, otherwise you are encouraging people to use different account for different world, as they won't even share global bans!

Also bans allow a person to be away from A SINGLE WORLD and not get attacked, can't that be called abusing? Also there are unlimited no of banned days(if you mange to create an explanation each time), after all no one reinvents the wheel, so it is possible, though a bit risky in repeative cases .

(let me know if it needs editing, for not gaining infractions)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Other games from Inno do what they do, but they aren't Grepolis. It is different here.

Even if they are encouraged to make multiple accounts (which they aren't, but for the sake of argument...) they can still have as many as they'd like provided they're played on different worlds

Global bans effect every account belonging to the player - past, present and future. Also, I can assure you that the scenario you're describing with explaining bans won't work for many reasons.

DeletedUser23986

I know it is different, but there is no harm in adopting the positives of other games!

and how do you know that the accounts belong to the same player, and not to different players?There is no such declaration as far as i know!

The scenario won't work only if it is repeated many times!

DeletedUser

Vacation Mode is exactly what it says on the tin.. a mode to be activated when you go on vacation. The idea being that when on vacation you cannot play. It stands to reason that it should activate on all worlds. Allowing to be only for one world at a time is a bad idea because it allows players to use Vacation Mode to evade situations they would otherwise be forced to deal with. For example, a war that you do not wish to participate in, or incoming attacks that you predict will lead to conquests.

Definitely a no from me, for this.

DeletedUser17103

strongly agree with asth...
bad idea it infact promotes for players to escape from attacks as they won't have to temporarily leave there other world...

DeletedUser8396

No, I hate it that people turtle using VM...

the fact that it takes away all worlds for that time is the only thing keeping everyone from doing it...well...that and a few that have self respect

DeletedUser

I know it is different, but there is no harm in adopting the positives of other games!

and how do you know that the accounts belong to the same player, and not to different players?There is no such declaration as far as i know!

The scenario won't work only if it is repeated many times!
The thing is that they're not positives, as I've explained with the huge potential to abuse.

We have our ways, although I'm not goin into any detail for obvious reasons.

It would work once, if you're lucky, and that's not without something in your permanent history nor can you control the type of ban or duration. Be careful what you wish for lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23986

well asth, we have gone too offtopic with bans, i know my ways, and i know it does add to history, but it does not eliminate the chances of succeeding at all.

as for the game, we should not promote players making 1+ accounts to gain advantages, and as my idea is only getting negative response, i would like to know what you guys think for separate vm for normal and hero worlds(cause i can't use another account for hero world).

there are many people who don't like old worlds but are not wishing to quit either, so atleast give them this option!It would only affect a small percentage of people who have heroic tactician award!

DeletedUser23986

well, you can change the text after the improvement passes, LOL

DeletedUser

The one thing that should be changed about VM is that it should not be effective within 30 days of the opening of a new world. Come on guys. If you are going on vaca a few days after a new world opens, why bother to even start? When you get back, you'll be nothing but a farming target for the players who have remained active. If the player wants to play in that world, wait until back from vaca and then sign up and get a city in an area where everyone is just starting out.

DeletedUser

As logical as that sounds Stavros, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day what a player does with their own account as it is their choice if they want to set in motion that kind of outcome. IG doesn't exactly favor the strong.